Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Super Easy Indian Chicken

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Super Easy Indian Chicken

Oh, there will be PLENTY for left overs! Haha. SO is at the library so it's just me tonight!

When I freeze it, can I freeze it with the cream already mixed in or not?

I'm also making Butter Chicken, rice, and Raita. I'm not going to have to cook again for a while... haha.

PS - It smells great!!!!

Comment

Yummy Jenn! Thanks!

I put it on the stove for 2 hours and it was fall-off-the bone perfection! I didn't use a whole chicken but rather chicken/thigh quarters. Worked great and it was plenty of cooking time.

Thanks so much - I'm glad I finally tried it!!!

(SO loved it too and is taking it for lunch tomorrow.)

Comment

I usually use skinless chicken leg quarters too. Damn, now I must make this tomorrow.
        Luanne
        wife, mother, nurse practitioner

"You have not converted a man because you have silenced him." (John, Viscount Morely, On Compromise, 1874)

Comment

AND

I use plain yogurt instead of half & half.
          Luanne

"You have not converted a man because you have silenced him." (John, Viscount Morely, On Compromise, 1874)

Comment

What on earth is wrong with me, I haven't had this in months! I will definitely make it this week. After reading through the recent posts, I am already hungry....at 11 pm!

Comment

I used half and half and yogurt.

You should make the butter chicken I posted at the same time and have some of each. We were in heaven.

Comment

Guess who's on the SEIC bandwagon?!! My husband!

I told him last night that this is what I was going to make for tonight, and he pulled the chicken out of the freezer to defrost, set the crock pot on the counter for me, and brought out all the spices I need.

You're famous here, Jenn!
                married to an anesthesia attending

Comment

:fans: that just cracks me up!

have you tried the potatoes or the biryani I posted? I love the potatoes about 7000 times more than the chicken, and the biryani is super-easy & makes a nice side for the chicken.

Comment

I've got to bump the potatoes. I was thinking about making those tonight or tomorrow with a grilled Indian chicken.

Comment

I'm looking for the potatoes. Bump them up!
                      married to an anesthesia attending

Comment

We had the chicken last night....DS refers to it as "Tasty Chicken". It's one of our favorites.

Comment

oh yum.
                          oh yum.
                          I absolutely cannot wait to make this. I know my family will love it. And, I love my crock pot!
                          Thank you!

Comment

Oh,
                            and thank you for giving me something to think about other than organizing travel for dh's interviews, where and when else he'll get more interview offers, and all the potential places we could end up, contacting 15 or more potential schools for the kids, etc etc
                            If I continue to obsess, I'll just keep chanting "Super Easy Indian Chicken... Super Easy Indian Chicken".

Comment

I am making this again today, the house smells wonderful.
                              Luanne

Comment

• Re:

Originally posted by Jane
                                my kids wouldn't have touched it with a 10 foot pole. indian food is NOT pretty.
                                I have to laugh b/c my son was more willing to eat mild indian curry than pizza when he was 3.
                                Kris

Comment

Working...
                                X