Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

kick butt Indian potatoes

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: kick butt Indian potatoes

I've got to make these again. When I made them last time, I took a container to an evening meeting. To say that other people there were envious would be an understatement.

My friend that recommended Mangoes and Curry Leaves told me that the Kaatchi Village Potato Curry was among her favorite recipes. I looked at the photo and thought...that looks familiar. Read the ingredients...that sounds familiar. Very similar to this recipe. They use 1 c. chopped fresh tomatoes instead of ketchup and there might be a few differences with the spices. I wonder where Kaatchi Village is?

Comment

After searching every grocery store in the area for fenugreek & asofeda, I finally found a Patel Brothers and plan on making a trip there tomorrow. I've been craving potatoes and can't wait to make these.

Comment

These potatoes ROCK!

DS isn't a fan of the spices, though. While the potatoes were simmering he said, "Momma, I think it's kind of smelly in here."

Comment

Originally posted by Makai
          After searching every grocery store in the area for fenugreek & asofeda, I finally found a Patel Brothers and plan on making a trip there tomorrow. I've been craving potatoes and can't wait to make these.
          Oh - I wish you'd let me know. I would have sent you some. My MIL brings me spices in bulk as though I cook Indian every day.

My kids agree w/your little dude's assement of Indian food. They do NOT enjoy the scents. After dropping the IL's at the airport last year, Jacob said "Mom - did Ba take all of her Indian stuff with her?" I said yes, I think so. He said "Good! 'Cause I'm so done with THAT!"

Comment

I LOVE the smells!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Garlic, Ginger, Coriander, Cumin, Garam masala, Hot Peppers. Does it get any better????????????????????
            Luanne
            wife, mother, nurse practitioner

"You have not converted a man because you have silenced him." (John, Viscount Morely, On Compromise, 1874)

Comment

I'm making these too!!!!!
              Luanne

"You have not converted a man because you have silenced him." (John, Viscount Morely, On Compromise, 1874)

Comment

OMG these were wonderful. I was a little wary when I saw ketchup as an ingredient, but they were really good. I ate half the dish last night, so now there isn't enough to go with the chicken that cooked overnight in the crockpot! I need a life
                Luanne

Comment

ketchup is Rashmi's secret ingredient in a bunch of stuff. Gujarati food is sweeter than your average Indian food, and that's where the ketchup comes in.

Comment

This got me thinking about these potatoes and your in-laws, Jenn!

http://www.cnn.com/2009/US/02/05/NY.syr ... index.html
                    married to an anesthesia attending

Comment

That's funny. Indian food definitely has it's own aroma and permeates everything. When my MIL sends us a box of stuff, it smells like their house (which, oddly enough, is actually comforting to me now).

Comment

I'm making Indian-esque chickpeas for dinner and thought this recipe would go. But I only have fingerling potatoes (and only a few). I think they're Yukon Golds. Think it'll work?
                        Alison

Comment

sure. MIL refers to that sauce as "gravy" that will work with most veggies. You can add cauliflower or eggplant to it to bulk it up if you want.

Comment

Awesome, thanks! I didn't end up making it last night but hopefully soon.
                            Alison

Comment

Loving this recipe! Thanks!!

Comment

Where can I get the asofeda and masala?
                                ~Mom of 5, married to an ID doc
                                ~A Rolling Stone Gathers No Moss

Comment

Working...
                                X