Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

What are you reading?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by HouseofWool View Post
    In the same vein: Judy Moody or Stink Moody (girl vs boy), A to Z mysteries, the Berenstein Bears' B Book (I floved that book and can recite it from memory),
    This is an awesome book for little girls, too: http://www.mousecircus.com/bookdetails.aspx?BookID=16
    Sandy
    Wife of EM Attending, Web Programmer, mom to one older lady scaredy-cat and one sweet-but-dumb younger boy kitty

Comment

My book club did a baby book shower for one of our members. It was awesome.

I just got off the library's Kindle hold list for Barbara Kingsolver's newest book, Flight Behavior. She's probably my favorite author, but I didn't like her last book much, and I'm not super excited about this one. So we'll see. And I just finished Shadow of the Wind for book club.
      Julia - legislative process lover and general government nerd, married to a PICU & Medical Ethics attending, raising a toddler son and expecting a baby daughter Oct '16.

Comment

My friend had a library themed baby shower and asked for everyone to bring just one book as a gift for the baby. Whenever a baby is born I always give them The Giving Tree by Shel Silverstein.

Comment

I recently read and loved:

Where'd You Go, Bernadette (I think our PNW peeps would love it, it's set mostly in Seattle ... super quirky and just fun to read)

The Burn Palace (so crazy and suspenseful)

The Fault in Our Stars (YA story of young cancer patients who fall in love)

Behind the Beautiful Forevers (I had to keep reminding myself while I was reading it that it's non-fiction!)
          ~Jane

-Wife of urology attending.
          -SAHM to three great kiddos (2 boys, 1 girl!)

Comment

Originally posted by migirl View Post
            I recently read and loved:

Where'd You Go, Bernadette (I think our PNW peeps would love it, it's set mostly in Seattle ... super quirky and just fun to read)

The Burn Palace (so crazy and suspenseful)

The Fault in Our Stars (YA story of young cancer patients who fall in love)

Behind the Beautiful Forevers (I had to keep reminding myself while I was reading it that it's non-fiction!)
            Oh man I LOVED The Fault in Our Stars. It was great. I then read two other John Green novels and sadly they fell flat :-/

Where'd you go, Bernadette is on my to-read list. Glad to hear its good!
            Wife, support system, and partner-in-crime to PGY-3 (IM) and spoiler of our 11 y/o yellow lab

sigpic

Comment

migirl, I suspect you and I have similar book tastes! All of those but The Burn Palace (which I hadn't heard of) are on my to-read list.
              Julia - legislative process lover and general government nerd, married to a PICU & Medical Ethics attending, raising a toddler son and expecting a baby daughter Oct '16.

Comment

Originally posted by oceanchild View Post
                migirl, I suspect you and I have similar book tastes! All of those but The Burn Palace (which I hadn't heard of) are on my to-read list.
                I was just thinking as I posted that list that I have very diverse reading interests, all of those are very different from each other!
                ~Jane

-Wife of urology attending.
                -SAHM to three great kiddos (2 boys, 1 girl!)

Comment

I just got this month's Audible credit and am in the mood for non-fiction. Can anyone here recommend any of the following: "The Stranger Beside Me" by Ann Rule, "The Presidents Club" by Nancy Gibbs, or "A People's History of the United States" by Howard Zinn
                  Wife, support system, and partner-in-crime to PGY-3 (IM) and spoiler of our 11 y/o yellow lab

sigpic

Comment

I can un-recommend one. I read The Stranger Beside Me and can't remember a thing about it. That can't be good.
                    Angie
                    Gyn-Onc fellowship survivor - 10 years out of the training years; reluctant suburbanite
                    Mom to DS (18) and DD (15) (and many many pets)

"Where are we going - and what am I doing in this handbasket?"

Comment

I've been reading "Lies My Teacher Told Me" and find it fascinating.

Comment

Has anyone read/can recommend either The Book Thief or American Gods?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by WolfpackWife View Post
                          Has anyone read/can recommend either The Book Thief or American Gods?
                          Anything by Neil is worth reading.
                          Sandy
                          Wife of EM Attending, Web Programmer, mom to one older lady scaredy-cat and one sweet-but-dumb younger boy kitty

Comment

Sandy - I read "The Graveyard Book" for a British Children's Lit class I took in London and enjoyed it. I hadn't pursued is work any further but have heard such wonderful things about American Gods. I think it's going to be my next Kindle purchase.

sigpic

Comment

I enjoyed the Book Thief. Highly recommended.

Comment

Originally posted by poky View Post
                                Anything by Neil is worth reading.
                                +1,000,000
                                Wife of PGY-4 (of 6), cat herder, and mom to a sassy-pants four-nager.

Comment

Working...
                                X