Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

What are you reading?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm reading the Divergent series. I'm eagerly awaiting the second book to come in at the library.
    Cranky Wife to a Peds EM in private practice. Mom to 5 girls - 1 in Heaven and 4 running around in princess shoes.

Comment

Originally posted by samssugarmomma View Post
      I'm reading the Divergent series. I'm eagerly awaiting the second book to come in at the library.
      I loved it! I can't wait for the third one to come out!

I just finished The Yonahlossee Riding Camp for Girls. It was recommended in almost every magazine I read at the beginning of the summer, so I thought I'd give it a shot. I give it a big "Meh". It wasn't too terrible, but the first half read like a bunch of vague-booking, and the story wasn't that interesting. I'm sure I'll forget it by fall.
      Laurie
      My team: DH (anesthesiologist), DS (9), DD (8)

Comment

Laurie - I saw on Goodreads that you also read The Age Of Miracles, which I finished last night. I felt so "meh" about it. Where you as underwhelmed as I was?
        Wife, support system, and partner-in-crime to PGY-3 (IM) and spoiler of our 11 y/o yellow lab

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by WolfpackWife View Post
          Laurie - I saw on Goodreads that you also read The Age Of Miracles, which I finished last night. I felt so "meh" about it. Where you as underwhelmed as I was?
          I was. It started with such a great premise, and just fizzled out into nothing. It takes a certain amount of skill to make the end of the world boring though, so I guess there's that…
          Laurie

Comment

Originally posted by ladymoreta View Post
            I was. It started with such a great premise, and just fizzled out into nothing. It takes a certain amount of skill to make the end of the world boring though, so I guess there's that…
            You're exactly right. It had such potential and fell so flat. I was really disappointed and I'm glad that I didn't spend any $$ to read it!!
            Wife, support system, and partner-in-crime to PGY-3 (IM) and spoiler of our 11 y/o yellow lab

sigpic

Comment

I'm currently reading iMsn, All recipes, and Facebook. I'm amazed y'all have reading time!
              Tara
              Married 20 years to MD/PhD in year 3 of MFM fellowship. SAHM to five wonderful children (#6 due in August), a sweet GSD named Bella, a black lab named Toby, and 1 guinea pig.

Comment

Originally posted by Pollyanna View Post
                I'm currently reading iMsn, All recipes, and Facebook. I'm amazed y'all have reading time!
                It's supposed to rain all weekend here and my goal is to read three books. I haven't had a do-nothing weekend since February and I can't wait. DH has lots of studying to do so he won't bother me with "what are you doing? What are you reading? Do you want to hang out? I'm done studying? Are you listening to me?"

My typical weekly reading times include the six block walk to and from my parking deck to my office building, my lunch time, the time I'm on the elliptical, and that's just about it! Unless it's an audiobook I would LOVE more reading time!!

sigpic

Comment

Glad this thread is here so while I'm sitting in airports this weekend I can have some suggestions for my Kindle
                  Wife to NSG out of training, mom to 2, 10 & 8, and a beagle with wings.

Comment

UGH. I just finished and awful, trite, predictable, and poorly written book via my library's audibook loan. I wanted to stop so many times but I hate abandoning books halfway through. It wasn't taking up too much of my time since I was just listening to it but about 2/3 of the way through I could only mock it. IT SUCKED and I'm angry that it was so bad, haha.

sigpic

Comment

WPW, what was it? I'm reading a biography of Josephine Butler right now...she was a bad ass!

Comment

UGH, CG...it was this awful, predictable, banal, and insipid book called "Summerland" (should have been my first clue) by Elin Hilderbrand. I wrote a scathing review of it on GoodReads because it was just...blech. Any and every predictable coming-of-age, perfect life on Nantucket, teenage rebellion, etc. storyline she could think of she used in this one book. It was my own fault - I snapped it up really quickly as an audiobook through an app on my phone because I like to have stories when I cook/clean and it was just ewwww. DO NOT RECOMMEND!

sigpic

Comment

LOL I had to go read your review, and I think it must have been much better than the actual book! I read a book like that as my first and only experience with the free Amazon Prime books. Just so awful, but it's almost impossible for me to walk away from a book I've started.
                          Laurie

Comment

Originally posted by ladymoreta View Post
                            LOL I had to go read your review, and I think it must have been much better than the actual book! I read a book like that as my first and only experience with the free Amazon Prime books. Just so awful, but it's almost impossible for me to walk away from a book I've started.
                            I was going to ask if it was one of those free books. I stopped getting those because they universally suck!! I mostly get the non-fiction books and they're so trite and redundant...the authors clearly are trying to make a book-length book out of nothing. I have no problem cutting those short and deleting. Ain't nobody got time for that.

Comment

Originally posted by BonBon View Post
                              I was going to ask if it was one of those free books. I stopped getting those because they universally suck!! I mostly get the non-fiction books and they're so trite and redundant...the authors clearly are trying to make a book-length book out of nothing. I have no problem cutting those short and deleting. Ain't nobody got time for that.
                              Oh yeah... I have trouble stopping in the middle of most books, but Amazon's free books are like the entire world's slush pile. Everybody's saying that the e-publishing revolution is going to make traditional publishers obsolete... I'm sorry but I like my books to be screened by someone other than the author's mom and EDITED. (And on paper, but that's a different story )

Let's see, I'm in the middle of Animal Dreams by Barbara Kingsolver but I'm not in a big reading mode right now so it is slow going.
                              Wife of PGY-4 (of 6), cat herder, and mom to a sassy-pants four-nager.

Comment

Currently readying the "Breathe" trilogy but recently finished "The Book Thief" and absolutely adored it! Looking forward to the film adaptation as well.
                                wife of a PGY-2 anesthesiology resident & mother of one adorable baby girl

Comment

Working...
                                X