Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

What are you reading?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Poisonwood Bible is one of my all-time faves. I love Kingsolver.
    Julia - legislative process lover and general government nerd, married to a PICU & Medical Ethics attending, raising a toddler son and expecting a baby daughter Oct '16.

Comment

• The Poisonwood Bible is on my reading list.
      Wife and #1 Fan of Attending Adult & Geriatric Psychiatrist.

Comment

• Just finished "The Leftovers" by Tom Perrotta. Moving on to "My Brilliant Friend" by Elena Ferrante.

Comment

• Working my way through "Learning Disorders" by Pennington. Boohoo. No time for pleasure reading. I do have Living Beautifully with uncertainty and change by Chodron on my nightstand. One day, I will open it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• I am finishing up American Sniper by Chris Kyle and will begin Bittersweet by Shauna Niequist soon.

Comment

• I just finished Broadchurch, which I didn't realize was actually a TV series until after I read it. I really enjoyed he book though!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• Orange is the new black
                ~shacked up with an ob/gyn~

Comment

• I finished 'The Poisonwood Bible' earlier this week and it was fabulous - a sweeping account of four sisters dragged to the Congo in the 60s with their evangelical minister father. It was fascinating and extremely well written. I can highly recommend the audio version.

I finished 'The Hypnotist's Love Story' this week also, which was entertaining but fluffy. I like Liane Moriarty, but this wasn't my favorite of hers. Still, it was pretty good!

I started 'Lamb: The Gospel According to Biff, Christ's Childhood Pal' and so far it's really funny and well researched.

And for audiobooks - I used this month's credit on 'The Royal We' which is essentially William & Kate fan fiction and I am 100% on board with it. It's light and fun and perfect for summer. Nothing heavy but still a fun - if fictitious - romp into the royal relationship we all know and love and hope is genuine! I am loving it!
                  Last edited by WolfpackWife; 07-09-2015, 01:23 PM.
                  Wife, support system, and partner-in-crime to PGY-3 (IM) and spoiler of our 11 y/o yellow lab

sigpic

Comment

• I loved Lamb.

I've burned through all the Micky Haller and Harry Bosch books by Michael Connelly this summer. I've moved on to Louise Penny's Detective Gamache books. They are so different - much more Agatha Christie than gritty noir. I'm adjusting.

Angie
                    Angie
                    Gyn-Onc fellowship survivor - 10 years out of the training years; reluctant suburbanite
                    Mom to DS (18) and DD (15) (and many many pets)

"Where are we going - and what am I doing in this handbasket?"

Comment

• Started re-reading 'To Kill a Mockingbird' in preparation of 'Go Set a Watchman' later this month.
                      Wife, support system, and partner-in-crime to PGY-3 (IM) and spoiler of our 11 y/o yellow lab

sigpic

Comment

• The Poisonwood Bible is also on my list. I picked it up last week.

Comment

• Finished Gravedigger's Daughter by Joyce Carol Oates. It was mind numbingly boring for at least the first 100 pages (just like Mulvaneys IMO) but once the story got going a really excellent read!

Back to Margaret Atwood - Alias Grace. I love her writing.

Haven't made much progress on Trend Following

Comment

• Love the Poisonwood Bible, as well as just about everything else by Barbara Kingsolver. Loved loved loved the Bean Trees and Prodigal Summer. I keep starting Animal Dreams and not finishing it though.

My goal for this weekend is to finish The Secret History, which I'm pretty sure I started reading on my phone when DD was born because I would read during feedings. Feedings have gotten shorter and a whole lot less peaceful, so it's taken over 6 months! I'm very close though. It's pretty good, but just like in The Goldfinch I feel like her main character is just an empty shell for things to happen to. I prefer to identify with characters in some way. I can appreciate the skill of a book without, but for me to really enjoy it I need to like someone. After that I'm starting the Girl On The Train. I have a couple Sophie Hannah books waiting in the wings, as well as Oryx & Crake. I have a feeling those aren't going to get read until after my (last 2!) fall semester classes are over.
                            Wife of PGY-4 (of 6), cat herder, and mom to a sassy-pants four-nager.

Comment

• Originally posted by LilySayWhat
                              Kingsolver is one of my favorite authors and I loved Poisonwood Bible. What was her book about the woman living in the national forest as a ranger? That was an excellent read too.
                              That's Prodigal Summer.
                              Wife of PGY-4 (of 6), cat herder, and mom to a sassy-pants four-nager.

Comment

• Re-started "Mr. Penumbra's 24-hour Bookstore" last night. I'm into it.

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X