Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

What are you reading?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Has anyone read 'An Untamed State' by Roxanne Gay? I started it last night. It's apparently amazing, but pretty rough. So far it's both of those.
    Wife, support system, and partner-in-crime to PGY-3 (IM) and spoiler of our 11 y/o yellow lab

sigpic

Comment

• Just read the other book by the Water For Elephants author - called "At the Water's Edge"
      A quick read, engrossing, good (and nasty!) characters.
      I'd give it a recommendation for a day at the beach.
      Enabler of DW and 5 kids
      Let's go Mets!

Comment

• I just finished "The Husband's Secret" and started "West With the Night" by Beryl Markham (allegedly -- there's debate about who wrote it).
        Wife and #1 Fan of Attending Adult & Geriatric Psychiatrist.

Comment

• I finished Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone over the weekend, as well as An Untamed State.

Wow, I just don't know what to say about An Untamed Stated. The brutality in the book was not something I was prepared for, but there was so much beauty in the story by the end. it's the type of book I both want to and don't want to recommend to people because it is so graphic.

I started 'Rebecca' this weekend as well.
          Wife, support system, and partner-in-crime to PGY-3 (IM) and spoiler of our 11 y/o yellow lab

sigpic

Comment

• Rebecca! The classic? If so, I love that one. So gothic.

After plowing through all the Michael Connelly and Louis Penny mysteries this summer, I read Mr. Mercedes by Stephen King and decided that it for me with dead bodies and psychos for awhile. I love 'em, but you know... enough is enough.

I started The Magicians by Lev Grossman. Just as the bookflap says -- it IS actually "a grown up Harry Potter" so far.
            Angie
            Gyn-Onc fellowship survivor - 10 years out of the training years; reluctant suburbanite
            Mom to DS (18) and DD (15) (and many many pets)

"Where are we going - and what am I doing in this handbasket?"

Comment

• Originally posted by Sheherezade View Post
              Rebecca! The classic? If so, I love that one. So gothic.
              The very one! I'm excited about it - I have read/heard SUCH good things, but I'm not quite sure what to expect - a haunting? A murder mystery? A psychological thriller (but in a gothic way)? Enjoying it so far!

sigpic

Comment

• I was taught that Manderley (the house) was the main character. It certainly is treated like one in parts.
                Angie
                Gyn-Onc fellowship survivor - 10 years out of the training years; reluctant suburbanite

Comment

I was taught that Manderley (the house) was the main character. It certainly is treated like one in parts.

sigpic

Comment

• I just started The White Coat Investor, and I'm almost finished. It's a quick read, but I feel like I'll need to go do a ton of research on stuff. I've been taking notes on my Kindle of things to look up later.
                    Laurie
                    My team: DH (anesthesiologist), DS (9), DD (8)

Comment

• Originally posted by ladymoreta View Post
                      I just started The White Coat Investor, and I'm almost finished. It's a quick read, but I feel like I'll need to go do a ton of research on stuff. I've been taking notes on my Kindle of things to look up later.
                      It's a ton of information packed in that's for sure!

Comment

• My MIL gave me Your best life now 90 devotions by Joel Osteen. I've done 3 days so far. Enjoying the optimism it's helping me maintain! My sister gave me The life changing magic of tidying up, which I'm starting today.

Has anyone read house of God? My hubby did but I wanted a non Dr review of it!

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
                        Grace

Comment

• Originally posted by gcuthbe1 View Post
                          Has anyone read house of God? My hubby did but I wanted a non Dr review of it!
                          I read it years ago, prior to DH starting medical school. I liked it, but it wasn't really anything like our experience. It was great for learning a lot of the terms, like gomer and turfing, that come up throughout training.
                          Laurie
                          My team: DH (anesthesiologist), DS (9), DD (8)

Comment

• House of God is seriously old. It was on my parents bookshelf when I was a little kid. My mom must have read it when my dad was an intern...

And, I'm OLD!!

Angie
                            Angie

Comment

I was taught that Manderley (the house) was the main character. It certainly is treated like one in parts.
                              I want to name Amanda Manderley. Thomas refused and we decided on Amanda. Darn it. I wish I had stuck with it and insisted.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• Originally posted by admin View Post
                                I want to name Amanda Manderley. Thomas refused and we decided on Amanda. Darn it. I wish I had stuck with it and insisted.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                                I was thinking about this yesterday. I really do like the name.
                                Wife and #1 Fan of Attending Adult & Geriatric Psychiatrist.

Comment

Working...
                                X