Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

What are you reading?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I am going to be honest and tell all.

For the high brow readers:

The Four Agreements. I'm in a real buddhist place right now.

For the low brow readers:

Monica McCartney The Highland Guard series. Totally trashy romance novels but my oh my, my. LOL.

With the youngest:

The Watsons go to Birmingham (joint project)
    The year of Billy Miller (independent)
    Ricky Ricotta series (independent)
    In my dreams I run with the Kenyans.

Comment

• All pregnancy and baby books lol one track mind right now

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk
      Grace

Comment

• Originally posted by gcuthbe1 View Post
        All pregnancy and baby books lol one track mind right now

Ha that was me my third trimester too.

Currently on The Book Thief. It took me a couple days to really get into it but I'm very much enjoying it now
        Wife of a surgical fellow; Mom to a busy toddler girl and 5 furballs (2 cats, 3 dogs)

Comment

• I just got the new Paul Auster book out of the library. I'm so excited - it's been several years. The issue is that it's 866 pages, and I only have it for 2 weeks, non renewable. I can't sneak that much book time.
          Enabler of DW and 5 kids
          Let's go Mets!

Comment

• Ouch yea that will be touch. Why non renewable? Is he that famous?

I'm trying to join a local book club-- I happened to have read last month's book over the holidays so I went. This month is The Little Paris Bookshop. It's the most flowery sentimental piece of crap I've ever read.

Also reading Clarice Lispector's first novel. Wish I'd discovered her ten years ago.

Originally posted by fluffhead View Post
            I just got the new Paul Auster book out of the library. I'm so excited - it's been several years. The issue is that it's 866 pages, and I only have it for 2 weeks, non renewable. I can't sneak that much book time.

Comment

• [MENTION=852]fluffhead[/MENTION] That is why they invented library fines. A $1.50 in fines for that extra two weeks is better than the $30 to purchase the new book! Consider it a cross between charitable giving and a netflix subscription.

Comment

• "The Mixed up Files of Mrs. Basil E. Frankweiler" with the kids.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
                Wife and #1 Fan of Attending Adult & Geriatric Psychiatrist.

Comment

• Originally posted by houseelf View Post
                  [MENTION=852]fluffhead[/MENTION] That is why they invented library fines.
                  I agree that practically that makes sense. But something about it offends my sense of law and order.
                  Like the people down the street who don't shovel their sidewalk, and the fine is less than what it would cost to hire a guy to do it.
                  Anyway, I'm up to P. 150 and next week is vacation, so this might be feasible.
                  Enabler of DW and 5 kids
                  Let's go Mets!

Comment

[MENTION=852]fluffhead[/MENTION] That is why they invented library fines. A $1.50 in fines for that extra two weeks is better than the $30 to purchase the new book! Consider it a cross between charitable giving and a netflix subscription.
                    Hahaha! Love this

Grace

Comment

• Originally posted by MAPPLEBUM View Post
                      Also reading Clarice Lispector's first novel. Wish I'd discovered her ten years ago.
                      Oooo I'm also intrigued. I may join you.

Grace

Comment

• Sorry, I wasn't clear. The narrators have a strong focus on inner dialogue, which would have spoken to me far more when I was 20. I picked up Lispector because she's on a couple "must read authors" lists with descriptions such as "cult like following." And obviously isn't as well known as some others. She wrote her first novel when she was 19 so if it I'm not disappointed with it at the end I might try some more mature works.

Over the holiday I read a series that hit me to my core. The storylines might interest you too. It's Elena Ferrante's Neapolitan series. I ate through all of her fiction in a month.

Originally posted by gcuthbe1 View Post
                        Oooo I'm also intrigued. I may join you.

Comment

• [MENTION=852]fluffhead[/MENTION] Take a walk on the wild side.

Comment

[MENTION=852]fluffhead[/MENTION] Take a walk on the wild side.
                            Once we let the rules slip, anarchy will set in. Next thing you know, we'll have forks on the right side of the plate, people using apostrophes where they don't belong, all hell will break loose.
                            I am loving this book - Paul Auster is like heroin. Bliss. Spending inordinate amounts of time locked in the bathroom.
                            Enabler of DW and 5 kids
                            Let's go Mets!

Comment

• The Accidental Fundamentalist (for me)

Mrs. Frisby and the Rats of NIMH (with the kids)

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
                              Wife and #1 Fan of Attending Adult & Geriatric Psychiatrist.

Comment

• I love your kid selections [MENTION=1498]MrsK[/MENTION], I'm all about good read-aloud a since I've been listening to a podcast called Read Aloud revival.

We are currently reading Mr Popper's Penguins. Thinking Mrs Piggle Wiggle next. And this fall we will do Laura Ingalls Wilder to coincide with US history.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                                Married to a Urology Attending! (that is an understated exclamation point)
                                Mama to C (Jan 2012), D (Nov 2013), and R (April 2016). Consulting and homeschooling are my day jobs.

Comment

Working...
                                X