Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Book Club Book: Three Cups of Tea

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SnowWhite View Post
    I'm about halfway in and had to leave Panera today because one passage started me doing the "ugly" cry. I wasn't sure I would like this book - but it is a great pick!

I knew I liked you Laura.

And Jenn - I love that idea re: "a theme". I really love books that have something I can relate to.

Who knows of a good Wall Street book??

Comment

I'm so thrilled you all loved the book! I'm almost done and we'll discuss on 4/4. I'm not exactly sure about the format for discussing but I'm open to suggestions or I'll come up with something.

Either way, I ADORE that we're all reading the same thing, especially if it's a good book.
      Married to a Urology Attending! (that is an understated exclamation point)
      Mama to C (Jan 2012), D (Nov 2013), and R (April 2016). Consulting and homeschooling are my day jobs.

Comment

His organization's website has a list of discussion questions; I copied them off into a text file; we could start with some of those, if you want to....
        Sandy
        Wife of EM Attending, Web Programmer, mom to one older lady scaredy-cat and one sweet-but-dumb younger boy kitty

Comment

Cool idea Sandy (aka poky)

I kind of like Wall Street for our next theme. Now, do we go fiction or reality. Reality IS stranger than fiction these days.

Jenn

Comment

I am really enjoying the book. Glad that lots of us are reading and can't wait to discuss it!

Comment

I finally got my copy from the library (there were several holds before me) and it is very good. I will be out of town on 4/4, but will post later.
              Kris

Comment

Originally posted by Lamorna View Post
                I am really enjoying the book. Glad that lots of us are reading and can't wait to discuss it!
                Ditto!

Comment

I am so excited! This has been one of my favorite books for years. I can't tell you how many times I've bought another copy to replace the whichever one I gave away. I've never given the same book to so many people.

Also, there are websites for the book, Central Asia Institute, and Pennies for Peace. They have a ton of information if anyone wants to check them out prior to the 4th.

Comment

Almost done, should be finished by 4/4 if not tonight. I agree with DCJenn's comment a while back, this book is about 1/3 too long but I'll give Relin a pass because of the content and story.

Comment

GAH! You all have persuaded me to pull an all nighter to get this one read in time.

Kelly
                      In my dreams I run with the Kenyans.

Comment

Easily done, Kelly!

Jenn

Comment

Working...
                        X