Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Actual Book Club?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Actual Book Club?

What do you think about doing an actual book club? Or do you have that sort of thing in the private forums? I've never actually been in one but it seems like 5-10 people would be ideal, each take a month choosing a book. If more than that are interested there should probably be more than one group. Anyone interested? Seems like it could be fun.

We started doing them before, but they usually end up kinda petering out. Which is not to say that we shouldn't try it again.
    Kris

Comment

I would like to try it...not so much to recommend but to sort of be forced to read something I wouldn't normally choose.

Comment

I'm in
        ~Mom of 5, married to an ID doc
        ~A Rolling Stone Gathers No Moss

Comment

I'm in too
          Last edited by L.Jane; 12-03-2013, 01:58 PM.
          -L.Jane

Wife to a wonderful General Surgeon
          Mom to a sweet but stubborn boy born April 2014
          Rock Chalk Jayhawk GO KU!!!

Comment

I'd participate! Maybe not every month but I'd still give it a go.
            wife of a PGY-2 anesthesiology resident & mother of one adorable baby girl

Comment

I'm just about to begin "Orange is the New Black" if anyone wants to join me.
              wife of a PGY-2 anesthesiology resident & mother of one adorable baby girl

Comment

I've done this on another forum. By the end it was always like two or three people who actually carried through. I would be in though if someone starts it up here!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, but learning to dance in the rain.

Comment

Originally posted by KlynK View Post
                  I've done this on another forum. By the end it was always like two or three people who actually carried through. I would be in though if someone starts it up here!

Haha. The same goes for my IRL book club. I'd be in though...as much as I could swing it anyhow.

Comment

Really depends on what you are reading. There are usually several of us that are reading/have read the same book so there are often healthy discussions about popular books. I just joined an IRL book club and I'm less than delighted with their selection this month. I don't like feeling compelled to finish reading something that I didn't choose and that I don't enjoy. I'm probably going to quit this book about half way through.
                    Wife and #1 Fan of Attending Adult & Geriatric Psychiatrist.

Comment

I'd be interested, but agree with MrsK on the book selections. I consider myself a pretty avid reader and am willing to try most things, but some genres (mostly sci fi and fantasy...most of it, but not all. I've become a huge Neil Gaiman fan recently) I just can't get through. You know how everyone loved The Hobbit and The Lord of the Rings? Those are my nightmare.
                      Wife, support system, and partner-in-crime to PGY-3 (IM) and spoiler of our 11 y/o yellow lab

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by WolfpackWife View Post
                        I'd be interested, but agree with MrsK on the book selections. I consider myself a pretty avid reader and am willing to try most things, but some genres (mostly sci fi and fantasy...most of it, but not all. I've become a huge Neil Gaiman fan recently) I just can't get through. You know how everyone loved The Hobbit and The Lord of the Rings? Those are my nightmare.
                        This is me too. I actually failed The Hobbit in middle school. And I went on to get a BA in Literature.
                        Wife and #1 Fan of Attending Adult & Geriatric Psychiatrist.

Comment

I'm really picky with books. Really picky. I'm in on a month-to-month we'll see what the book is basis.
                          Heidi, PA-S1 - wife to an orthopaedic surgeon, mom to Ryan, 17, and Alexia, 11.

Comment

What about we come up with a list of say, five books and then make a poll and see which book the most people want to read. If its split, the group could split between the top two books. It just depends on how many people want to join in.
                            -L.Jane

Wife to a wonderful General Surgeon
                            Mom to a sweet but stubborn boy born April 2014
                            Rock Chalk Jayhawk GO KU!!!

Comment

Originally posted by WolfpackWife View Post
                              I was just told about Neil Gaiman (mainly, Neverwhere) and was debating getting on of his books to read next!

Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, but learning to dance in the rain.

Comment

Working...
                              X