Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Downton Abbey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sorry to hear about the chicken noodle soup incident. I once spilled an entire bottle of peach champagne on a HP laptop and had to open it and turn it upside down immediately to hang at an angle for six months before it would work again. My husband eventually took it apart and cleaned it out to use it for years until he sold it for parts. Dude is a computer and technology genius and so humble about it. He's always trying to figure out how things work internally mechanically and electronically.

Now for the AWESOME news! Ladies check your libraries! I found out you can check out the complete season of Downton Abbey Season 1 and Season 2 at local and university libraries for free! Now that's something!
    PGY4 Nephrology Fellow

Out beyond ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing there is a field. I'll meet you there.

~ Rumi

Comment

Season 3 Episode 3 is here! Link

And in other news Downton Abbey is doing phenomenal in the ratings category!

After its first two episodes of the new season drew softer-than-normal numbers, Downton Abbey bounced back on Sunday with ratings that would make even the Dowager Countess crack a smile. Episode three of season three pulled in 9.66M viewers for a 36.9% share in the 9pm hour on ITV1. That’s an extra 1.5M compared to last week and a little over 1M more than the season debut on Sept. 16. The episode is now thethird most-watched of the series’ entire UK run, according to Digital Spy. The top episodes are season two’s final two shows.Downton also outdid The X Factor on Sunday. That show, which has been providing somewhat soft lead-ins so far this season, drew 9.46M viewers last night. link
      PGY4 Nephrology Fellow

Out beyond ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing there is a field. I'll meet you there.

~ Rumi

Comment

Eeeee! Love this. I heard they are planning on doing a spin off prequel about Robert and Cora. I'd totally watch that.
        Married to a newly minted Pediatric Rad, momma to a sweet girl and a bunch of (mostly) cute boy monsters.

Comment

I would totally watch that too!

On the facebook page the blogger recommends there is a whole bunch of spoiler pictures from Season 3. Link
          Last edited by Cinderella; 10-01-2012, 05:43 PM.
          PGY4 Nephrology Fellow

~ Rumi

Comment

I remembered to watch this briefly yesterday and then promptly forgot until today.

Here is the link to Season 3 Episode 4!

I'm 17 minutes into it already and it's so good.
            PGY4 Nephrology Fellow

~ Rumi

Comment

Is it bad that I lust after Matthew every time I watch? Swoon. Thank you for the links!

Comment

I guess it's alright. Whatever floats your boat. I'm still kind of sad about Levinia. She was so sweet even in death. I am happy about Matthew and Mary though and the Christmas Special was probably my favorite episode so far. I wonder what they have in store for the Christmas Special this year or how that will work the Americans getting a late start in January on Season Three.
                PGY4 Nephrology Fellow

~ Rumi

Comment

I wish they'd do something with Edith already.

And I'm totally calling that Mary won't be able to get pregnant
                  Married to a newly minted Pediatric Rad, momma to a sweet girl and a bunch of (mostly) cute boy monsters.

Comment

I like the plot line with Edith spearheading the women's liberation movement in England. I think it's going to somehow tie into the plot line that seems to be developing with Mary possibly not being able to conceive. It's either Matthew can't because of his war injury or Mary can't for some reason which leads to the whole problem of producing an heir to continue the legacy of Downton Abbey. Would the heir then fall on her Sister Lady Sybil Branson's child if she produced a son? That could be problematic because of the person Sybil is married to and his views on aristocracy and the whole drama that unfolded in Ireland recently.

However, Matthew and Mary may eventually become pregnant and produce a daughter and this is where I wonder if Edith's women's liberation plot line will come into play where women will have rights to property through inheriting it or something of that sort. It's ironic because I would've seen Sybil more the type to do the women's liberation plot line than Lady Eidth.
                    PGY4 Nephrology Fellow

~ Rumi

Comment

You've really thought this through! Ha!

But I think you are spot on!

Comment

Here is Season 3 Episode 5: Link

Remember click on the picture and it will take you to viewing area. Also grab a box of tissues. I cried for a good half hour watching this episode. Could be the hormones but still.
                        PGY4 Nephrology Fellow

~ Rumi

Comment

I read the spoiler and plan to watch it tonight. What were they thinking?

Comment

I don't know but I was really shocked to tell you the truth. I didn't read the spoiler but if I had I still think it would have been hard to take once watching it. It's a tear jerker for sure.
                            PGY4 Nephrology Fellow

~ Rumi

Comment

Originally posted by LilySayWhat
                              Dan Stevens (Matthew) is on broadway right now in The Heiress. So now I have to add "stalk Dan Stevens" to my to-do list. Great.
                              Hell yes. And tell us all about it; I'm too far away to be able to do it myself.
                              Sandy
                              Wife of EM Attending, Web Programmer, mom to one older lady scaredy-cat and one sweet-but-dumb younger boy kitty

Comment

Too funny! There you go Curegirl. I think that means there are two more in the same Matthew boat as you.
                                PGY4 Nephrology Fellow

~ Rumi

Comment

Working...
                                X