Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Dracula (TV Show)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dracula (TV Show)

Gotta post this thread on the new Dracula TV Show because Curegirl and I will be watching it.

Premieres Friday, October 25 at 10/9c on NBC

Series introduces Dracula as he arrives in London, posing as an American entrepreneur who maintains that he wants to bring modern science to Victorian society. In reality, he hopes to wreak revenge on the people who ruined his life centuries earlier. There's only one circumstance that can potentially thwart his plan: Dracula falls hopelessly in love with a woman who seems to be a reincarnation of his dead wife.
    Dracula on NBC
    Dracula on Facebook
    Dracula on IMDB
    Dracula on Youtube (Lots of previews and I also like their short animated videos on Dracula Rising)

This is what I mean by sexy sexiness.
    PGY4 Nephrology Fellow

Out beyond ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing there is a field. I'll meet you there.

~ Rumi

Yay! And yes, sexy sexiness is the best description of this yet

Comment

Elements (Orchestral Version) - Lindsey Stirling - Dracula

PGY4 Nephrology Fellow

Out beyond ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing there is a field. I'll meet you there.

~ Rumi

Comment

So excited, just one more week til sexy time!

Comment

Hee, hee, hee! I know! Did you see the one promo where he's surrounded by thousands of women in red that he's taken to bed?

PGY4 Nephrology Fellow

~ Rumi

Comment

Haha! That's the first time I've seen that-so follow up question would have to be how many STIs do you think Dracula has because that's a whole lot of women!

Comment

Well it could be a metaphor for his blood lust. Vampires are supposed to have magical sex appeal to easily lure and seduce beautiful women to drink their blood. Though the predators appetite is hardly every quenched. Also I think if you're immortal and considered to be among one of the mythological creatures of the living dead then things like AIDS and other STDs aren't going to have much affect on your quality of life like mere mortals.
              PGY4 Nephrology Fellow

~ Rumi

Comment

There's a poem called "A Vampire in the Age of Aids" that had always made me wonder Think you're right that it could be a metaphor and perhaps showing how many women he feasted on throughout the times.

Comment

Haha! Now I want to read the poem.
                  PGY4 Nephrology Fellow

~ Rumi

Comment

There were a lot of changes from the book but so far I liked it...I laughed aloud at how they made Mina a med student. Can't seem to get away from the dreaded mistress, even for one hour!

Comment

I caught it on hulu today. I loved how it was like watching a movie. It looks very good. I like Mina being a medical student too and the connection there. I can see a lot of interesting plot lines and twists with that. I also thought every character was well cast.

If anyone wants to watch the first episode I linked to it on hulu below.

The Blood is The Life
                      PGY4 Nephrology Fellow

~ Rumi

Comment

It did look like a movie! They had limited commercial breaks too, which was great because I don't like it when it's dark and scary and bam! Buy some Febreeze!

Comment

Damn I missed it! I had no idea they were even doing a Dracula TV show until about a week ago when I saw a promo for it, and that's still the only one I've seen. I'm surprised they haven't hyped it more, or maybe I just manage to keep missing them all.

Thanks for the Hulu link Cinderella, I might just go watch that now since I don't seem to have the mental capacity for much else today

ETA: now 15 minutes in and I'm having a seriously hard time getting over JRMs American accent. It's just.... wrong.
                          Last edited by niener; 10-28-2013, 02:12 PM.
                          Wife of a surgical fellow; Mom to a busy toddler girl and 5 furballs (2 cats, 3 dogs)

Comment

Originally posted by niener View Post
                            ETA: now 15 minutes in and I'm having a seriously hard time getting over JRMs American accent. It's just.... wrong.
                            I thought so too, it sounded really weird.
                            Wife to PGY4 & Mother of 3.

Comment

Ya the accent throws me a little too but I'm not used to what he normally sound like. I try to think of Hugh Laurie from House who did the same thing.
                              PGY4 Nephrology Fellow

~ Rumi

Comment

Working...
                              X