Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

World Cup

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What an AMAZING ending!!!! Go team USA!!!

Comment

I had just checked into the gym and saw that we were in the 91st minute, so I stopped to watch and then GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOAL! Wee! A big yell went up from the handful of us watching there (in the lobby) and then all the folks on equipment upstairs that were watching, too.

Comment

And now Schland is up! Dh is watching, but has clinic and won't be able to watch the 2nd half.
        married to an anesthesia attending

Comment

I'm nervous for Sunday!!! (England fan here). Although from the scores and watching Germany today I'm thinking they are not on top form either?

Comment

Germany played really poorly. It was painful to watch. What game between England and Germany isn't ugly?!
            married to an anesthesia attending

Comment

I know. England Germany. That will be the one to watch. Sunday at 10 AM, right? It might be odd for me to hit the sports bar at 10 on a Sunday - but when you don't have a TV, you do what you have to do.
              Angie
              Gyn-Onc fellowship survivor - 10 years out of the training years; reluctant suburbanite
              Mom to DS (18) and DD (15) (and many many pets)

"Where are we going - and what am I doing in this handbasket?"

Comment

YES USA!!!! Robbed of another goal...but IT DOESN'T MATTER!! We won group C!!! Yippie! That hasn't happened since the 1930s! Rock on. I thought that Ghana played pretty well against Germany, but Germany were not playing their best. But really, once Germany sets it up - they are solid. And why are they playing two games at once - sucks!!!
                Wife to PGY4 & Mother of 3.

Comment

So I was watching the NBC news tonight and during their World Cup piece they showed two guys I know from college. They lived in the same hall as DH - I'm so jealous they're there and I'm not even in a huge soccer fan
                  Wife to NSG out of training, mom to 2, 10 & 8, and a beagle with wings.

Comment

I was at my office listening to the espn radio feed with the Brits passing in and out of my office to check on their scores. It was crazy. When the US scored the entire office let out a whooooop so I'm guessing I wasn't the only one listening to streaming media against company policy.

Jenn

Comment

Originally posted by SuzySunshine View Post
                      So I was watching the NBC news tonight and during their World Cup piece they showed two guys I know from college. They lived in the same hall as DH - I'm so jealous they're there and I'm not even in a huge soccer fan
                      That is so random!

Comment

So, THE CAO stuck his head in my office today- while I was blasting Pandora's "alternative/punk" station and I thought for sure it was going to be "hey, turn it down." Nope- it was "so, Terresa (his secretary, one of the Brits) was saying you were listening to the World Cup. Whaddya think?? Can they pull it out on Saturday?" So, me, being me- I say, "absolutely and you know they have an 18 foot screen at Beethoven (he used to live in the 'hood) w/ beers and brats." So then he says, "really? That sounds great!" and then just to seal the deal that I work for the coolest man possible, the Clash came on and he says, "yeah, I had Pandora on my Droid and Charlie (the COO) stopped me and said, 'is that the Clash I hear?' and I had to turn it down."

Just one of the odder moments I've had there...

Jenn

Comment

Ok- I've got the American Flag birks on, the red shirt with the red, white and blue sparkles AND my American Flag heart shaped earrings. Rick usually complains if I wear any one of them, but he's not here, is he? I'd paint my toenails red, white and blue if I thought they'd dry in time....

J.

Comment

Are you heading to Beethoven's? The son and I are off to the Winking Lizard soon. Sadly, neither of us have painted our nails red, white and blue either. Go USA!
                            Angie
                            Gyn-Onc fellowship survivor - 10 years out of the training years; reluctant suburbanite
                            Mom to DS (18) and DD (15) (and many many pets)

"Where are we going - and what am I doing in this handbasket?"

Comment

They didn't show up until the second half!!!!

I'm spent. I need a nap, some gatorade and a cold shower. Sadly, I have none of the above and we must soldier on. 9 am at the Beethoven- we bring the booze, they provide the fixin's- including German breakfast tacos- Brats and eggs on a taco.

I really, really need a nap. but we're off to a 'hood birthday party- the good news is that all of the other parents are just as worn out after that game.

Jenn

Comment

I don't think USA recovered fully from Wednesday's game, they just weren't playing as well. What a shame, but we did win group!! It's a start. Bummer though.
                                Wife to PGY4 & Mother of 3.

Comment

Working...
                                X