Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Ahh Autumn!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ahh Autumn!

Cool(ish) temps here...autumn is on the way!

What are your plans and things you are looking forward to?

I've already had my first Pumpkin Spice Latte, though I confess I actually like the Pumpkin Spice Via packets better...they are surprisingly good and not as much of a gut buster. I've got "Cozy Fireside" in the Scentsy warmer, and the fall decorations are going up this week.

In two weeks we are going to a wedding in Fredericksburg and I plan to fill up on German food.

I've got plans for a Friday date with my parents to go here:

http://www.dallasarboretum.org/Autum...etum/index.htm

You can bet your a** I'm throwing N on a pile of pumpkins and taking loads of pictures.

We might make it up to OU and hit a corn maze and I'm planning on hosting an OU/TX watch party. That is, if we can figure out how to get ABC on our tv...it may involve installing an antenna in our attic. My SIL will be in town and we plan to go to pumpkin patch that night.

We're also going to a pumpkin patch with my playgroup. And maybe I'll drag the Dallas IMSNers to another one.

And I'm about to review my Fall Recipe Pinterest board and bake some some pumpkin baby:

http://pinterest.com/soonertexan/autumn-recipes/

Autumn is here!!!!
    Married to a newly minted Pediatric Rad, momma to a sweet girl and a bunch of (mostly) cute boy monsters.

I wish I had time to do all that stuff, as autumn is my FAVE season! I'm in a super difficult dissertation course right now so all my time and energy is going to that.

It rained for the first time in 2 months yesterday, and it smelled SO good. And, I'm loving that the nights are getting longer. Give me dark, cool, and foggy over high temps and clear skies any day.

I am a freak, LOL.
    Married to a peds surgeon attending

Comment

I am a freak, LOL.
      My kind of freak
      Married to a newly minted Pediatric Rad, momma to a sweet girl and a bunch of (mostly) cute boy monsters.

Comment

I promise none of you have the amazing weather we are having out here in NC. Sunny, clear, 79, with cool breezes. Everything is still green and blooming. Best weather week ever! I just returned from Dollar Tree with a few Halloween decorations. We're having a little kids party this year.
        Wife to PGY5. Mommy to baby girl born 11/2009. Cat mommy since 2002
        "“If you don't know where you are going any road can take you there”"

Comment

We are in official fall weather here in MI and I love it. I put up the boys' summer clothes yesterday and can't wait to wear my new riding boots.

Comment

I agree with moonlight, the NC weather is glorious!

ST, those recipes look great but I also like savory pumpkin recipes. Pumpkin and goat cheese quesadillas are a favorite around here!
            Married to a Urology Attending! (that is an understated exclamation point)
            Mama to C (Jan 2012), D (Nov 2013), and R (April 2016). Consulting and homeschooling are my day jobs.

Comment

Originally posted by TulipsAndSunscreen View Post
              I agree with moonlight, the NC weather is glorious!

ST, those recipes look great but I also like savory pumpkin recipes. Pumpkin and goat cheese quesadillas are a favorite around here!
              Recipe please!
              Married to a peds surgeon attending

Comment

Post the recipe!

Comment

Still summer-y here, though temps have dropped to the 80s, much to my relief. It was easier to be zen about the roasting this year since the rest of the country was suffering even worse, but I'm glad it's over. No changing colors, though--still lush and green. We're off to the beach next week, and then it's time to start thinking about fall, whether the weather is cooperating or not!
                  Married to a hematopathologist seven years out of training.
                  Raising three girls, 11, 9, and 2.

“That was the thing about the world: it wasn't that things were harder than you thought they were going to be, it was that they were hard in ways that you didn't expect.”
                  Lev Grossman, The Magician King

Comment

It's just fresh or canned pumpkin, chevre (softened goat cheese - I just leave it on the counter for an hour or so), sea salt, nutmeg, cinnamon sugar in tortillas. I crisp the tortillas in the oven first and then add the ingredients. There's no meat so you're really just warming all the ingredients.

SO yummy and easy. If you want to make it more hearty, you could also add kidney or black beans, onions, avocado, etc. but I like them sweeter.

I usually just use fresh roasted pumpkin but you could probably even substitute butternut squash just as deliciously!
                    Married to a Urology Attending! (that is an understated exclamation point)
                    Mama to C (Jan 2012), D (Nov 2013), and R (April 2016). Consulting and homeschooling are my day jobs.

Comment

No autumn weather here just yet, but I don't immediately melt when I walk outside anymore so yay for that!! We're not supposed to crest 90 degrees all week! Hallelujah. Last night I was sitting on the back porch around sunset and it was glorious -- 78 degrees, breezy, ahhhhhhh. The rainy season seems to be over though so I have to actually water my plants now. But I'll take having to water my plants over sweating so much between here and the car that I could water my plants with sweat... gross.
                      Wife of a surgical fellow; Mom to a busy toddler girl and 5 furballs (2 cats, 3 dogs)

Comment

Originally posted by SoonerTexan View Post
                        You can bet your a** I'm throwing N on a pile of pumpkins and taking loads of pictures.
                        ROFL! I'd love to go to a pumpkin patch with you!!! DS had a blast last year, and now I won't be waddling after him, pregnant!
                        Laurie
                        My team: DH (anesthesiologist), DS (9), DD (8)

Comment

LOVE AUTUMN! Looking forward to not being sticky with sweat, wearing boots and coats, pumpkins, Halloween, new TV season, oh the joys of fall! And it's freaking hot here so I'm trying to be patient, which sucks because I'm bad at that.

Comment

ROFL! I'd love to go to a pumpkin patch with you!!! DS had a blast last year, and now I won't be waddling after him, pregnant!
                            There's a neat one up in the boonies in Celina. DH and I went there last year to take maternity pics...the day before the shoot was actually scheduled. Whoops.

Comment

I love fall too. Unfortunately its still hot here- in the 90's. Was on the 100's last week. Wishing for crisper air, soup and apples.

Sooner let me know when u come up of you have time to get together.
                              Wife to Hand Surgeon just out of training, mom to two lovely kittys and little boy, O, born in Sept 08.

Comment

Working...
                              X