Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

10 things you may not know about me

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1- the oldest of three
    2- have always been a "country boy". grew up in NE Oklahoma on 120 acres, moved to south central Kansas at 14 where you worked in the summer with wheat or hauling hay.
    3- Meet my biological father when I was 20...not the best decision I ever made.
    4- married my high school sweetheart...the worst decision I have made (last all of 10 months).
    5- Moved to Tulsa OK because my wife didn't want to have a long distance relationship (I was living in Wichita KS).
    6- worked with the nations largest credit card collection company, as a collector (talk about jobs that suck....600 phone calls a day, talk to three people, get a new education on things I could have done to myself from 100 others).
    7- played college football- quarterback
    8- have had 7 knee surgeries related to football, basketball and track
    9- Have ridden motorcycles since I was 5, have been to Sturgis and to Padre Island. Currently don't have a bike...residency living prohibits!
    10- am married to an amazingly talented woman, and am father to a "borderline gifted" (according to our neighbor!) 3 yr old with another little boy on the way in April.

Comment

How fun!!!

1. I am an engineer with my MBA, although I still don't know what I want to do when I grow up.

2. I am a morning person. I actually get up in the morning BEFORE my husband the surgical resident!

3. I *LOVE* dogs, we are planning to get an English Springer Spaniel soon. Would like to have 2 dogs so they can be friends, but we don't have enough space in our little house.

4. I love to do crafts. In particular I enjoy cross-stitching and making jewelry.

5. I am first-generation Korean-American, my husband is "white". Caused some problems with my parents in the beginning, but they love him now.

6. I grew up in Michigan and love the midwest. I would be happy to live here forever!

7. My lifelong goal is to visit every continent (so that when I'm on "Jeopardy" some day, that will be my "thing" I talk with Alex about ). I just have Africa and Antarctica left to go, but I have a feeling they will be the hardest to do! (My husband, whose international travel experience is limited to driving over the bridge to Canada, is a bit reluctant.)

8. I am a neat freak, probably bordering on OC. I get nervous when I think about how messy dogs and children can be!

9. My parents are my heroes and role models for coming to a foreign country where they didn't speak the language, understand the culture, or know anyone in order to give their children a better life.

10. My favorite color is blue, my favorite food is cereal, my favorite band is U2 (my husband has accepted that I am leaving him for Bono one day ...), and my favorite movie is "Ferris Bueller's Day Off".
      ~Jane

-Wife of urology attending.
      -SAHM to three great kiddos (2 boys, 1 girl!)

Comment

1- I speak French: I actually have a double BS in Biology and a BA in French. I thought I wanted to go to medical school, but that all changed once I met Matt.

2- My parents didn't come to my wedding. But everything is better with them now, especially now that my mother sees that Matt is a good match for me. We have been married for 4 1/2 years. We patched things up about 2 months after I got married.

3- I have the smartest and cutest little girl in the world- ok I am biased. Emma can say 5 or 6 words, can walk, follow instructions- even her pediatrician was amazed.

4- I am married to my best friend, inspiration and love of my life.

5- I am LDS, but I didn't serve a mission, because Matt asked me to marry him instead.

6- I am sensitive about other's feelings and hate to see other people suffer or experience pain. (I cried when Emma got 3 shots at her 1 yr appt.)

7- I'm a bit of a neat-freak and perfectionist, but since having Emma- my expectations of myself have dropped, and I am sure they will go down another notch once the our second baby makes his/her appearance soon.

8- I am the first woman to have graduated college out of my family and Matt's mother and sisters.

9- I was a competitive gymnast in my younger days (for 12 years), and if I hadn't gotten injured I would have competed collegiately. A wrist deformity forced me to retire. I also danced ballet for 15 years. Some days I miss it, others I don't.

10- I am a retired USMC (Marine Corps) Officer's Brat Growing up I attended 7 different elementary and middle schools, and never lived in the same place for more than 3 years, with the exception of my dad's last duty station- it was 5 years, and then he retired to Colorado where I lived there for 11 years before moving to Seattle.

That was fun!
        Crystal
        Gas, and 4 kids

Comment

1.) I married my high school sweetheart.

2.) I am Catholic and have been to only catholic schools my whole life but I havent been to church in about a year. (Try going with two young kids!)

3.) Both of my parents are from Cuba.

4.) I am fluent and can speak and write spanish.

5.) I found my first gray hair when I was 26.

6.) My children are 18 months apart

7.) I'm a die hard republican and news junkie.

8.) I love anything chocolate.

9.) I have one brother and one sister.

10.) Dream of having my very own green convertible volkswagon bug someday when we have money

Comment

Oh JMOM....I too am sadly a reality tv junkie

Comment

Here goes my 10:

1. I love making lists!

2. We have a rat terrier/mutt who we adopted 2 years ago from the Humane Society. She was found after she had been thrown out of a truck. We also have 2 cats.

3. My father died in a boating accident when I was 14(I'm 34 now)

4. I used to play bass and sing in bands. I haven't really
              played much in years since I moved from Athens, GA

5. I love renting movies, playing word games and taking baths(but not at the same time)

6. I listen to talk radio and eat in my car on my lunch break

7. I love music, all kinds - but hate most of the newer music out currently

8. I really need to quit smoking. I quit last year for 3 months around this time of year, and started back

9. I would like to try stand-up comedy one day

10) I have a BA in English and a degree in Graphic Design

Comment

1) I had a blonde cocker spaniel named Tippy and a tortoise named Toby as a child

2) I play the violin (started at the age of 10)

3) Although my parents managed to afford braces for me as a teen I very stupidly never wore my retainer (yup, they got a bit crooked).

4) I was on my high school's drill team, debate team, academic decathlon team, and drama (one-act play lead).

5) My favorite courses in college were (in no particular order): Federalism, American Foreign Policy, and Organic Chemistry I and II

6) I was stung by an entire nest of yellow jackets as a child. I managed to sit on top of a mound of fire ants as a baby (and lived!).

7) My hair is so curly and dry that I didn't know what to do with it until I met my African-American roommate in college. She taught me how to take care of it (Thank you, Chaquita!)

8) I wore my mother's wedding dress for my own wedding.

9) I drink about four gallons of skim milk a week (that's by myself - no help)!

10) My right hip is twisted (congenital) and I have a very odd gate when running as well as a touch of arthritis consequently.
                Who uses a machete to cut through red tape
                With fingernails that shine like justice
                And a voice that is dark like tinted glass

Comment

Working...
                X