Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Political Quiz

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm kind of surprised...

economic -3.35
    social libertarian/authoritarian: 0.67

Overall authoriatarian left
    close to the pope...
    Peggy

Aloha from paradise! And the other side of training!

Comment

Hanging with Milt Friedman - RIP. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Milton_Friedman

Comment

So I took the 2nd one and didn't get a score, the screen just went blank. Maybe they're trying to tell me something?

I'm too tired to try to take it again!
        Wife to NSG out of training, mom to 2, 10 & 8, and a beagle with wings.

Comment

Poky, my score on the first quiz was an 8.
          Julia, next you'll say you're for John Edwards for president.

I will set up a crisis line just for you.

I am here to help.

Sort of a crisis line a la Chuck Palahniuk in Survivor.

Comment

21 for me I am more of a economic liberal, but social conservative. I still have to do the second one

Comment

Originally posted by oceanchild
              Poky, my score on the first quiz was an 8.

Perhaps why greymatterwife and I are going round and round.
              Heh. I took it twice and got 5 and 10, so I'm right there with you. We can be the hippie tree-hugger bleeding-hearts of the group.
              Sandy
              Wife of EM Attending, Web Programmer, mom to one older lady scaredy-cat and one sweet-but-dumb younger boy kitty

Comment

Ha, would now be a bad time to tell you that I interned for him in 2003?
                Never a good time. As if I were still in the South, all I can say to that revelation is "bless your heart".

Comment

Originally posted by uvagradk
                  Ha, would now be a bad time to tell you that I interned for him in 2003?
                  Never a good time. As if I were still in the South, all I can say to that revelation is "bless your heart".

Comment

If this thread counts for anything, it would seem that 90% of this group is within 5 points of dead center. Which actually probably means we reflect reality pretty well.
                    Actually, I am the dead-center for social issues seeing how my score was zeropoint something or other....

Several points one way or another is most certainly not dead center. And, being "within 5 points" pretty much means you lean definitively one way or another socially or economically. For instance, economically, even though I am "only" a few points in the conservative direction I'd say it defiinitively places me in the economic "conservative" camp.

Anyway, just remember everyone that, when it comes to social issues here I am the voice of the dead center....
                    Who uses a machete to cut through red tape
                    With fingernails that shine like justice
                    And a voice that is dark like tinted glass

Comment

Originally posted by Pollyanna
                      Originally posted by Tabula Rasa
                      Anyway, just remember everyone that, when it comes to social issues here I am the voice of the dead center....
                      Which indicates just how FAR to the left this group really is.
                      BINGO!
                      Who uses a machete to cut through red tape
                      With fingernails that shine like justice
                      And a voice that is dark like tinted glass

Comment

Admittedly the oldies are a far left-leaning group as a majority, but you guys don't get to play the violin of being the sole voice of the right in this lefty group anymore. There is now a pretty vocal contingent of right-wingers.

TR
                        Pollyanna
                        GrayMatterWife
                        Cheri
                        Vishenka
                        Ladybug
                        Grasshopper
                        uvagradk
                        mommax3
                        Kelly
                        MissCrabette
                        Peggyfromwastate
                        DrWahoo

all of these members tend to embrace the more conservative views AND speak up about it.

Comment

and Laker ...

Comment

Jen,

Please do not refer to us as right-wingers. :P

Voting is often painful for me as I'm very conservative fiscally but share no zeal for the hardcore social conservative positions. But when I've got to choose...

Comment

Sorry Kevin ...

There is now a strong contingent of people with much more conservative views. The days of yore (glory days? ) when the debate forum was dominated by a bunch of bleeding heart liberals is no more.

It's great, actually. It's nice to get more than one conservative POV (and I'm sure she appreciates the backup). I'm just over the references to how left this "group" is and how outnumbered the "more conservative people" are.

Comment

Just remember having to take a shower when religious conservatives (ETA:as a monolithic group not just talking about religious people who are conservative) supposedly are in my camp.

Actually, it's good that there is a mix of views here. It reminded me of a little blurb I read a while back about how when people cluster / talk amongst a little similar circle of like minds, extremism in their views tends to be the result (whether we are talking about right or left beliefs to begin with).

I found the link: http://uchicagolaw.typepad.com/facul...ration_da.html

Comment

Working...
                                X