Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Facebook announcements...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Our oldest two found out about my dad's death from facebook. It was during the summer and they both had practice. I was at mom's and when they got home they checked facebook and my nephew (who was also at mom's) had made a post about 5 minutes after dad's death. I felt awful for DD and DS but they knew death was imminent (had already said goodbye) and had talked a lot about Tata and spent a lot of time with him. My initial reaction was to be mad at my nephew but he meant no harm and it was part of how he was dealing with the death. My kids were not upset and it's now family lore. I don't know, it seems like you can't please everyone. Some people want a personalized hand written announcement of your pregnancy (or other special event, some want a phone call, some want to hear in person, some want a facebook post. Good heavens, I honestly think everyone just needs to get over themselves and let people live.
    Tara
    Married 20 years to MD/PhD in year 3 of MFM fellowship. SAHM to five wonderful children (#6 due in August), a sweet GSD named Bella, a black lab named Toby, and 1 guinea pig.

Comment

Originally posted by LilySayWhat
      Facebook cuts both ways. Personally, I think the 3-D ultrasounds are unnerving and spooky. I didn't really want to look at what's inside your vagina but thanks for posting it, just in case!
      Hahahahaha. Maybe when I have one of my own I'll finally see the appeal of ultrasound pictures.
      Julia - legislative process lover and general government nerd, married to a PICU & Medical Ethics attending, raising a toddler son and expecting a baby daughter Oct '16.

Comment

Hehe I love them, but I totally understand the creepy factor. I put mine in their own "folder" on FB so people can avoid it if they're looking through my pictures.
        Laurie
        My team: DH (anesthesiologist), DS (9), DD (8)

Comment

I think they're creepy too! But I don't care if people post them. I know others probably don't think they look like weird gummy candy. I do find it odd when people post them as their profile pics though. I never knew I was friends with so many fetuses!
          I'm just trying to make it out alive!

Comment

I have a friend posting her bare postpartum belly to show how flat it is getting each week after giving birth. Seriously, nothing is off limits on FB.

Comment

Technically it's the inside of the uterus...a little less eww factor than the vagina.
              Married to a newly minted Pediatric Rad, momma to a sweet girl and a bunch of (mostly) cute boy monsters.

Comment

I'm pretty sure if you search through my FB pics you will indeed find a 3D ultrasound picture...

Comment

Originally posted by Chrisada View Post
                  I have a friend posting her bare postpartum belly to show how flat it is getting each week after giving birth. Seriously, nothing is off limits on FB.
                  I also had an acquaintance from college post progress reports about his wife's (also an acquaintance) labor. Although I knew you guys in college, I haven't seen you in years and we are not so close that I need to know how far your cervix is dilated and how many rounds of cervadil you've had inserted in your hooha.

After that, I made DH promise not to do anything like this when it's my turn. Although he's already showing signs of being completely anal about what I post on FB about our future children.
                  Event coordinator, wife and therapist to a peds attending

Comment

Originally posted by SoonerTexan View Post
                    Technically it's the inside of the uterus...a little less eww factor than the vagina.
                    Not so sure about that. I think my vagina is a lot prettier than my uterus, and it's gotten many more compliments. But neither has appeared on FB, I'm proud to say.

Comment

Originally posted by Chrisada View Post
                      At least it's her belly and not any other parts that may have stretched. But still weird.
                      Veronica
                      Mother of two ballerinas and one wild boy

Comment

Has anybody checked out the site stfuparents.com? I love it. It is totally not about normal parents who post cute pictures and updates. It's about those that post labor updates, extremely inappropriate pictures, sympathy statuses etc.

For the record, I do not mind normal child-related updates. I think videos and pictures are adorable and I love the updates about cute things kids have said/done. I'm not that horrible of a person. Haha but there are some people who really take it to the next level. I have a Facebook friend who posted nasty pictures of her baby's hernia surgery. Not only were they graphic, but most of them of a naked baby with no covering of the more sensitive areas. Facebook asked her to remove the photos. Why on earth would you ever post pictures of your naked child on the Internet?
                        I'm just trying to make it out alive!

Comment

Originally posted by corn poffi View Post
                          Has anybody checked out the site stfuparents.com? I love it. It is totally not about normal parents who post cute pictures and updates. It's about those that post labor updates, extremely inappropriate pictures, sympathy statuses etc.

I have a Facebook friend who posted nasty pictures of her baby's hernia surgery. Not only were they graphic, but most of them of a naked baby with no covering of the more sensitive areas. Facebook asked her to remove the photos. Why on earth would you ever post pictures of your naked child on the Internet?
                          Going to check out that website now. I also had another acquaintance who posted pics from the delivery room. The pictures of her being handed her daughter for the first time included pics of her hooha. My girlfriends and I took turns logging into FB from a single claptop and clicking "report" on all of those pictures. FB made her take them down.
                          Event coordinator, wife and therapist to a peds attending

Comment

Yes, love STFU parents and follow their feed on FB. And ironically, they show a 3D Ultrasound for their profile pic. All though it's of a beer can. LOL.
                            Last edited by Chrisada; 09-29-2011, 09:35 AM.

Comment

I thought about reporting a friend's video of her daughter in the bathtub. I love bath pictures if everything private is covered or censored out, but this one showed a lot...
                              Laurie
                              My team: DH (anesthesiologist), DS (9), DD (8)

Comment

That is crazy about the after labor pics. People go too far... my uncles ex-wife also has naked pics of her toddler on there and of herself half naked sometimes in front of mirrors. Other people post their every move like "pumping my breast milk" or "ooops I spilled a whole bottle FML " I've seen a pic of someone's son's poop on the floor, snot on a sleeve. What is the point?

Comment

Working...
                                X