Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Ebola coming to the US

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oh I didn't think that was a valid excuse - I was just commenting on why she flew.
    http://www.nbcnews.com/storyline/ebo...edding-n226651

Comment

• From what I read, it's her mother's wedding and she was visiting her near Akron. The family members have already self quarantined.

My scenario is that she already had the trip planned and then this all happened and she had to decide if she could still go. She called some number at CDC and they gave her general advice, not specific advice. She went rather than eat the ticket costs. That's my theory. Bad choice.

Angie
      Angie
      Gyn-Onc fellowship survivor - 10 years out of the training years; reluctant suburbanite
      Mom to DS (18) and DD (15) (and many many pets)

"Where are we going - and what am I doing in this handbasket?"

Comment

• Yeah, that's been on TV. http://fox8.com/2014/10/15/cdc-notif...om-cle-monday/

Angie
        Angie
        Gyn-Onc fellowship survivor - 10 years out of the training years; reluctant suburbanite

Comment

• And I just went through CLE early this morning. Guess I'm glad I didn't lick any countertops or anything...
          Sandy
          Wife of EM Attending, Web Programmer, mom to one older lady scaredy-cat and one sweet-but-dumb younger boy kitty

Comment

• Eboladeeply.org
            It's a website dedicated to non-sensationalist stories about the Ebola outbreak. It launched today.
            Wife to PGY4 & Mother of 3.

Comment

• The airport's never been this clean, I'm sure. Kudos for not licking the handrails. They ARE tempting.

Angie
              Angie

Comment

• So, in Dallas, have there been lots of closures? I'm just wondering if we've got a different state policy coming down from our State BOH or if there is a move to more caution since the mode of transmission to these two nurses hasn't been clearly established. Maybe I just haven't been aware of the level of panic until it came to my area.

Anyhoo, seems like they are putting everyone that was on that plane or in contact with the woman on 21 day leaves from work. They closed two area schools this morning here because a teacher had been on the same plane; not the same flight, mind you - the flight after the Frontier CLE - DFW. That seems way too cautious. It's got me wondering if there isn't a new policy to go hard in the direction of extreme caution.

Angie
                Angie

Comment

• Wow. That certainly is a marked shift in sop!

Comment

• Maybe it's just Ohio. As someone tweeted yesterday, G-d knows, we don't want LeBron to catch it now that he's back.

Angie
                    Angie

Comment

• HA!!!! Well I'm glad the public health peeps are taking action to keep him safe.

Comment

• What's crazy is, we're closing schools for a potentially exposed person who would be in the incubation period, but we still have not widely distributed appropriate PPE to emergency staff and retrained healthcare workers in proper removal of PPE. Akron City basically closed the hospital yesterday because a patient there had dinner with someone who had been in Africa. Meanwhile, patients having MIs were sitting outside. It's ridiculous!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
                        -Deb
                        Wife to EP, just trying to keep up with my FOUR busy kids!

Comment

• Originally posted by Deebs View Post
                          What's crazy is, we're closing schools for a potentially exposed person who would be in the incubation period, but we still have not widely distributed appropriate PPE to emergency staff and retrained healthcare workers in proper removal of PPE. Akron City basically closed the hospital yesterday because a patient there had dinner with someone who had been in Africa. Meanwhile, patients having MIs were sitting outside. It's ridiculous!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
                          That is over the top. There is absolutely no evidence to support these closures! Crazy.
                          Wife to PGY4 & Mother of 3.

Comment

• So, in Dallas, have there been lots of closures?
                            None that I know of.

I saw that this morning and had to laugh, good God! Apparently Parkland and University Hospital are getting ready for it and giving extra training, though. I admit I am a little apprehensive about DH's next rotation because he is in the MICU at University Hospital. I still think it will all be fine, though.
                            Married to a newly minted Pediatric Rad, momma to a sweet girl and a bunch of (mostly) cute boy monsters.

Comment

• Ebola coming to the US

Honestly, it's good to retrain in hazmat and droplet isolation. DH has worked with three nurses (at two different hospitals) who died from communicable diseases because they were treating very ill patients and violated PPE protocol unintentionally. The reality is, there are much more contagious bugs than Ebola and taking protective gear off without contamination is incredibly difficult.

For those of you not on FB with me, one of the schools in our area closed mid-day today because the husband of one of their teachers was on the Frontier flight. My Brownie co-leader called off our meeting because she is a teacher at one of the affected schools and "didn't want to take any chances" with our girls. It's amazing how one school official (or several depending on who decided to close school) can incite panic.
                              -Deb
                              Wife to EP, just trying to keep up with my FOUR busy kids!

Comment

• My patience with the panic is waning. As usual, the media makes it worse. It is as if they are hoping for someone to have some connection/exposure so they can have something to talk about.
                                Finally - we are finished with training! Hello real world!!

Comment

Working...
                                X