Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Ebola coming to the US

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GMW --

I have thought that I'd feel for any of the people being torn apart on these panels. I have a friend here who is married to a high up CC official; I keep thinking that if there was an Ebola patient here and this happened, he'd be one of the people torn apart. He's a good man, too. It's not like these people are idiots.

I saw this article today and it rang true to me. I wish we could realize that there will be a learning curve to anything brand new like this.

http://www.politico.com/magazine/sto...h#.VERfyOdALXM
    Angie
    Gyn-Onc fellowship survivor - 10 years out of the training years; reluctant suburbanite
    Mom to DS (18) and DD (15) (and many many pets)

"Where are we going - and what am I doing in this handbasket?"

Comment

• And positive at Bellevue. I hope it was contained. That trip to Brooklyn bowl last night is a little concerning.

Comment

• Originally posted by JDAZ11 View Post
        And positive at Bellevue. I hope it was contained. That trip to Brooklyn bowl last night is a little concerning.
        Let the panic commence:
        http://mobile.nytimes.com/2014/10/24...york-city.html

Can't wait to see what marathon weekend will be like now!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
        Event coordinator, wife and therapist to a peds attending

Comment

• Ebola coming to the US

Lol. It will be absurd. I'd love to see them try to track down the cab, and everyone that's been in it. Good luck!

They were waiting for this. It's like the media's dream come true.

I am glad he hadn't been back to work though.

Comment

• Omg. I forgot about the marathon. Ugh. It's had some tough breaks in recent years! I think this is chill compared to Sandy. They'll be ok.

Comment

• Ebola coming to the US

Originally posted by JDAZ11 View Post
              Omg. I forgot about the marathon. Ugh. It's had some tough breaks in recent years! I think this is chill compared to Sandy. They'll be ok.
              I'm sure I will wind up riding in that cab next weekend, haha.

We were there post-Sandy when they cancelled the race. Our friend who flew in Japan to run came back from the expo to our dear friends' apartment to find out it had been cancelled. He will be running with DH this year!

Comment

• It was an über - so they'll be able to track it down and clean it (I think - I haven't kept up with news since this morning).

The sandy marathon was a total disaster. I love NYC, but they really dropped the ball on handling that. Hopefully they don't disappoint this time.

Good luck to your DH! Where are you guys eating after? (I'm hungry and just wanted to relive those yummy marathon sundays...).

Comment

• This should lighten the mood:
                  http://gawker.com/send-us-your-moms-...ium=socialflow

Read the comments. I'm dying laughing.
                  Married to a Urology Attending! (that is an understated exclamation point)
                  Mama to C (Jan 2012), D (Nov 2013), and R (April 2016). Consulting and homeschooling are my day jobs.

Comment

• Ebola coming to the US

"You'll be fine, but if not I want some blood. To send to people I hate." Is my favorite so far.

Comment

• Ebola coming to the US

And then there is "don't lick the subway poles." Which makes me die laughing because once I stopped a little kid from doing it. I've never said a word ever to anyone about their kid, but I was just watching him do it and the mom was either not paying attention or didn't care. Finally I decided I couldn't take it anymore, and HAD to tell the mom she had to stop him. She wasn't pleased. But it was SO GROSS!!!! Bet she is happy he learned that lesson now, ha! 😝
                      Last edited by JDAZ11; 10-24-2014, 03:31 PM.

Comment

And then there is "don't lick the subway poles." Which makes me die laughing because once I stopped a little kid from doing it. I've never said a word ever to anyone about their kid, but I was just watching him do it and the mom was either not paying attention or didn't care. Finally I decided I couldn't take it anymore, and HAD to tell the mom she had to stop him. She wasn't pleased. But it was SO GROSS!!!! Bet she is happy he learned that lesson now, ha! 😝
                        That reminds of a friend of mine having to physically restrain a young woman in a summer dress from sitting in a urine sludge that a homeless guy had left behind on an NYC subway bench. Of course he was worried that she would freak out from a male stranger grabbing her, but it worked out ok. She was quite grateful.

Comment

It was an über - so they'll be able to track it down and clean it (I think - I haven't kept up with news since this morning).

The sandy marathon was a total disaster. I love NYC, but they really dropped the ball on handling that. Hopefully they don't disappoint this time.

Good luck to your DH! Where are you guys eating after? (I'm hungry and just wanted to relive those yummy marathon sundays...).
                          I think everyone in the entire area was not expecting it to be THAT bad. It was pretty asinine they didn't call it off until Friday, after the expo started and tons of people had tried super hard post-storm to get into NYC.

Not sure where we are eating after. We have friends living in the city, so I'm sure they will take us somewhere. Recommendations welcome! DH wants me to park myself outside of Sinai, he's afraid I'm not going to be able to handle the walking and standing and wind up in labor.

Comment

• The Gawker piece is too funny. Lick his balls. And fresh hand sanitizer. Is that like picked out of the hand sanitizer fields? Lol!

Comment

• We put masks on our pumpkins and I found "crime scene" type banner tape that is read and says infection instead...at Dollar tree! That's an ID house for ya!
                              Finally - we are finished with training! Hello real world!!

Comment

• My sister and I just discussed the possibility of Ebola relayed costumes, but decided it's too soon
                                Married to a newly minted Pediatric Rad, momma to a sweet girl and a bunch of (mostly) cute boy monsters.

Comment

Working...
                                X