Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

2016 republican WH nominee

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by diggitydot View Post
    I actually think Jeb versus Hilary would be super interesting. They're both the smarter, better candidates than their former president family members.
    I agree about Jeb, not Hilary. She may be smarter than Bill, but not a better candidate. Bill's charisma and political skills are off the charts while hers dip into the negative.

Comment

I'm curious what progressives fear about having a socially conservative president. Abortion and gay marriage are settled at the national level and I don't see what a president could do to change that. Cutting or reducing federal funding for abortions?

Comment

Reproductive health is not settled. It's CONSTANTLY being challenged in the courts in various ways. Not so much frontal assaults anymore, though. Well, unless you're passing by a women's health clinic.

Comment

It's all about the supremes. I could never, ever vote for a socially conservative candidate regardless of other qualifications if they are going to be nominating supremes.

Heidi
          Heidi, PA-S1 - wife to an orthopaedic surgeon, mom to Ryan, 17, and Alexia, 11.

Comment

President Jeb? Please no. Jeb? 😉
            Veronica
            Mother of two ballerinas and one wild boy

Comment

Originally posted by v-girl View Post
              President Jeb? Please no. Jeb? 😉
              I'm with ya V!
              Tara
              Married 20 years to MD/PhD in year 3 of MFM fellowship. SAHM to five wonderful children (#6 due in August), a sweet GSD named Bella, a black lab named Toby, and 1 guinea pig.

Comment

Originally posted by bobk View Post
                I'm curious what progressives fear about having a socially conservative president. Abortion and gay marriage are settled at the national level and I don't see what a president could do to change that. Cutting or reducing federal funding for abortions?
                Actually, abortion is under heavy assault with all the heartbeat bill state actions etc. I kind of wish they'd put it on a national referendum to end the debate once and for all. If the heartbeat referendum went down in Mississippi, I doubt it would have a chance nationally. Once people know the action would threaten in vitro and IUDs, you lose a lot of moderate votes. If people don't start settling for middle ground on their issues, we will never have any progress on anything.

And yes, I considered voting for McCain until Palin. I have no idea how that would,have turned out if he'd let it be and not turned hard right. His best moment for moderates was when he told the ranting racist woman at the Town Hall. that Obama was a decent man, that he didn't agree with. Apparently, that type of sanity is no longer rewarded.

Angie
                Angie
                Gyn-Onc fellowship survivor - 10 years out of the training years; reluctant suburbanite
                Mom to DS (18) and DD (15) (and many many pets)

"Where are we going - and what am I doing in this handbasket?"

Comment

Originally posted by Sheherezade View Post
                  Actually, abortion is under heavy assault with all the heartbeat bill state actions etc. I kind of wish they'd put it on a national referendum to end the debate once and for all.
                  But wouldn't the devisive abortion debate be removed from national politics if the question was left entirely to each state? Why can't Mississippi and Massachusetts each have their own laws, rather than try to reach a national consensus?

Comment

2016 republican WH nominee

Originally posted by bobk View Post
                    But wouldn't the devisive abortion debate be removed from national politics if the question was left entirely to each state? Why can't Mississippi and Massachusetts each have their own laws, rather than try to reach a national consensus?
                    Why should anyone have to go to a different state to get basic healthcare?

And frequently, what can get passed into law in one state doesn't make it OK. I guarantee there are a shit ton of yokels in Shitkick, Mississippi who don't understand that abortive procedures are standard of care for multiple OB conditions.
                    Last edited by diggitydot; 01-14-2015, 05:06 PM.

Comment

It really is the extremism that turn me off of the republican ticket. I use to say I was a moderate republican but then that became an oxy moron. I truly believe it is the radicals in the tea party. I think they need to have a cleaning house. I am not saying that all tea party people are crazy because they are not but the nutty ones always seem to be screaming the loudest. It is like in school ur mom said don't hang out with the bad kids or the teachers will think your a bad kid too. Well there are a lot of bad kids in the tea party. They are nuts.
                      One example. I am fine with people owning guns. We have them and I am comfortable with that. What I am sure as hell not okay with is that people feel the need to march with assault rifles on them. As if the war on guns could be related to in the same sense as slavery or women's right to vote.
                      Brandi
                      Wife to PGY3 Rads also proud mother of three spoiled dogs!! Some days it is hectic, but I wouldn't trade this for anything.

Comment

^What she said.

Would the moderate middle please come forward? The 10% talking on the extreme edges of both sides needs to sit down and STFU. The GOP absolutely has to set themselves apart from some of their crazy Uncle Eddy fringe voices.
                        In my dreams I run with the Kenyans.

Comment

Originally posted by diggitydot View Post
                          It always amazes me that anyone falls for Trump's shenanigans. He'll never legitimately run because he'd have to disclose his financials.

I think Jeb Bush had been mentioned. I'm still kind of salty that we had to deal with Little Brother first. I don't agree with his stances on many things, but he at least doesn't give off the miasma of moron.
                          For at least 30 years, my mom has been saying that Jeb will be running for president someday.
                          Wife and #1 Fan of Attending Adult & Geriatric Psychiatrist.

Comment

Originally posted by houseelf View Post
                            ^What she said.

Would the moderate middle please come forward? The 10% talking on the extreme edges of both sides needs to sit down and STFU. The GOP absolutely has to set themselves apart from some of their crazy Uncle Eddy fringe voices.
                            This!
                            ~Mom of 5, married to an ID doc
                            ~A Rolling Stone Gathers No Moss

Comment

Working...
                            X