Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Coronavirus

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by MarissaNicole View Post
    I don’t think they have enough tests. I think the hospitals are trying to save them for patients who have to be admitted to confirm it’s the Coronavirus.

I’m sorry. That’s really awful.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    We can do 300 a day, last I heard. We're doing them in house.

In other news, I felt today like it might be strep, so I tried to go to a Vanderbilt walk-in clinic that isn't a coronavirus testing site, and they wouldn't see me because I had a fever and a cough, they said I would have to go to an official testing site instead...even though Vanderbilt told me not to go to the testing site.

J was concerned about it, as was his boss, so he went in and got himself tested for both strep and coronavirus - we'll find out in a couple of days. I might start abx for strep anyway.
    Allison - professor; wife to a urology attending; mom to baby girl E (11/13), baby boy C (2/16), and a spoiled cat; knitter and hoarder of yarn; photographer

Comment

• J's strep test was positive, so I assume I have it too.
      Allison - professor; wife to a urology attending; mom to baby girl E (11/13), baby boy C (2/16), and a spoiled cat; knitter and hoarder of yarn; photographer

Comment

• I'm sorry you're sick, I hope you can get some antibiotics and feel better quickly!

I think they only have the capacity to do 120 tests a day at DH's local hospital.
        Loving wife of neurosurgeon

Comment

• So sorry you’re sick Allison! Hopefully you can get on some abx ASAP. Vandy is doing an amazing job. It’s difficult to manage everyone’s answers in a large institution. My friends hubby is med/peds and his off campus location saw 96 patients yesterday. They typically only see 18. They’re really trying to keep people at home unless absolutely necessary. Dh is working pretty much nonstop. Goes to bed after midnight and starts again early. And he’s on vacation, lol. I’m sure your hubby is doing the same. It’s all hands on deck.
          Hang in there!!!
          Tara
          Married 20 years to MD/PhD in year 3 of MFM fellowship. SAHM to five wonderful children (#6 due in August), a sweet GSD named Bella, a black lab named Toby, and 1 guinea pig.

Comment

• School mandates that’s schools are off until 5/1. My senior is devastated. DH’s hospital system, not where he works got its first two positives as of yesterday. my senior has always been OCD about germs and sickness. She is getting every news report texted to her to keep track. The knowledge is helpful and hindering at the same time. The worst part of being home is the power struggle with my 16-year-old who thinks she should be on a permanent spring break. DH is business as usual.

Needs

Comment

• We both got abx! Hopefully we'll be feeling better soon. I think Vandy is doing a great job with the COVID19 testing, just frustrating that I can't get care for normal problems. I did a telemed appt though, which worked well.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Comment

• J got his COVID test results back already, and he's negative, so I assume we all are for now.

Comment

• Originally posted by alotofyarn View Post
                  J got his COVID test results back already, and he's negative, so I assume we all are for now.
                  Yay!!! Now just avoid the spring breakers returning from the beach. 🤪
                  Tara
                  Married 20 years to MD/PhD in year 3 of MFM fellowship. SAHM to five wonderful children (#6 due in August), a sweet GSD named Bella, a black lab named Toby, and 1 guinea pig.

Comment

• Originally posted by Pollyanna View Post
                    Yay!!! Now just avoid the spring breakers returning from the beach. ��
                    So true. Every case in our county is due to Spring Break travels.
                    Finally - we are finished with training! Hello real world!!

Comment

• The first case was confirmed in our town of 35,000. I'm sure that means there are many more. There are 12 in the ICU's DH works at. He's supposed to be back in the OR next week but most cases have been canceled so he doesn't know if he'll be home unpaid or put on ICU.
                      I have a sore throat and bad nasal congestion and a temp of 100. I don't think they would give me a test right now so I'm waiting to see how it goes and praying. We have not been around anyone else in over a week. DH is the only one going to work and back and he's fine so I'm baffled.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
                      Student and Mom to an Oct 2013 boy
                      Wife to Anesthesia Critical Care attending

Comment

• Originally posted by Phoebe View Post
                        School mandates that’s schools are off until 5/1. My senior is devastated. DH’s hospital system, not where he works got its first two positives as of yesterday. my senior has always been OCD about germs and sickness. She is getting every news report texted to her to keep track. The knowledge is helpful and hindering at the same time. The worst part of being home is the power struggle with my 16-year-old who thinks she should be on a permanent spring break. DH is business as usual.

The worst is dealing with my 16 year old who came back from Austria knowing it all, refuses to quarantine, and is not taking his school work seriously. Everything I say goes in one ear and out the other.

~Mom of 5, married to an ID doc
                        ~A Rolling Stone Gathers No Moss

Comment

• The call keeps going out wider for community members to sew surgical masks, and for private citizens to purchase various and sundry items with "respirator" in the name for haphazard delivery to various medical systems. It feels like a massive failure of federal government to strategize and coordinate the supply effort and worries me more than anything else. I will be MORE alarmed if we get to the point that we're grateful for a single box of masks or a home sewing bee of fabric masks than if my husband temporarily has to reuse a respirator and wear a bandana for droplet precautions. We need supply chains, not intermittent drops and untested tech.
                          Alison

Comment

• Originally posted by spotty_dog View Post
                            The call keeps going out wider for community members to sew surgical masks, and for private citizens to purchase various and sundry items with "respirator" in the name for haphazard delivery to various medical systems. It feels like a massive failure of federal government to strategize and coordinate the supply effort and worries me more than anything else. I will be MORE alarmed if we get to the point that we're grateful for a single box of masks or a home sewing bee of fabric masks than if my husband temporarily has to reuse a respirator and wear a bandana for droplet precautions. We need supply chains, not intermittent drops and untested tech.
                            It's like the the good old days when ladies rolled bandages for the Confederate army.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
                            Wife and #1 Fan of Attending Adult & Geriatric Psychiatrist.

Comment

• A 30-day "stay home order" starts Tuesday for the KC Metro area. 😢

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
                              Wife and #1 Fan of Attending Adult & Geriatric Psychiatrist.

Comment

• Originally posted by MrsK View Post
                                It's like the the good old days when ladies rolled bandages for the Confederate army.
                                Yes! I love the sentiment and the solidarity with the cause. I love that people are offering the work of their hands. I love that it's making people aware of the crisis that our front line workers are facing. I cringe if it's their only means of action, like people who knit sweaters for penguins after oil spills, and think it absolves them of the need to be activists about ways to ensure we are NOT spilling oil on penguins!

If you've been following social distancing, then the lockdown shouldn't change much. It's intimidating to see such draconian measures, but I'd be grateful that your state is taking things seriously. I'm thinking our state should be taking things more seriously. Up until this week I'd have said our governor would never let another state show him up for how seriously he's taking this threat! He's let a lot of opportunities pass recently, but I'm still fairly confident he's using the best expertise to guide his actions. :\ https://medium.com/@tomaspueyo/coron...e-be9337092b56
                                Alison

Comment

Working...
                                X