Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Bad day at work means pay cut

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You give money she pays you to her husband to pick up your kids because she can't be flexible with you? This lady...😡

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by rufflesanddots View Post
      You give money she pays you to her husband to pick up your kids because she can't be flexible with you? This lady...😡

Yes

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      ~Mom of 5, married to an ID doc
      ~A Rolling Stone Gathers No Moss

Comment

Originally posted by PrincessFiona View Post
        How do I deal with not getting a reference from my boss? This has never happened to me before.

I think you’d get the office manager etc to be the reference for you (more complicated now that she is gone, but I think still doable - most places really only verify that you worked there there during the dates you claim. They aren’t really supposed to give an actual review of your work).

Not everyone leaves their employer on good terms. Truthfully, most of the time (if the employee is good), the employer is pissed when they leave. It’s a thing, people understand that. Don’t let that stop you. And you wouldn’t even deal the reference part of the employment process until you’d been through a few rounds of interviews. At that point you’d be able to explain your situation somewhat.

Comment

The only thing I want to add is that if you do leave without giving notice she can tell future employers that because it’s the truth.

While I wouldn’t want to give her a damn bit of notice I think you may need to to protect future job prospects.

Loving wife of neurosurgeon

Comment

Ugh, she’s a real peach. So sorry you are dealing with this Kris! Tell her you can see patients between 9-2 and write reports from home after that. That will allow you to drop off/pick up kiddos and still be paid. I realize the morning time to see patients isn’t ideal because you can’t see kids after school but she’ll just have to manage that on her own. Like Fluff said, she needs YOU. If you want you can offer T/TH afternoons as a concession but nothing more. I understand you need the job as well but in this situation it seems you have the upper hand in the negotiation.
            Tara
            Married 20 years to MD/PhD in year 3 of MFM fellowship. SAHM to five wonderful children (#6 due in August), a sweet GSD named Bella, a black lab named Toby, and 1 guinea pig.

Comment

My gut is to burn the bridge and then pee on it. I wrote the following letter. I need some ASAP advice. I applied at Target yesterday but there are no openings. I applied for the one behavioral health job available. Today I apply for qwiktrip and dollar general.

Dear Holly,

I have given our conversation Thursday considerable thought and would like the opportunity to respond. You accused me of being distracted and not writing enough reports this summer.

I would like to point out that on many days I saw patients in a staggered, every-other- hour time frame. I had to write therapy notes and also prepare for the next session, leaving me little time to work on the reports on those days.

Am I distracted in the office? Absolutely. The new office manager and psychometrist constantly come to me with their questions, frustrations, and anxiety. You do not come to the office in the morning and watch movies on your computer in the afternoons with your door closed, making you completely unapproachable. Also, I don’t believe your calculations took into consideration the odd days off here and there where I filled in for Lisa or the week in August she was gone.

You have demanded an unattainable level of perfection from my reports...One you yourself can not attain (I can’t imagine the outcry if I had made the human mistake of turning in a report with two CHILD’s like you did last week). I spend extra time editing and proof-reading my reports. But speaking of report-writing efficiency, what is yours? You have virtually let me carry this practice in report writing despite how far behind we are. It’s unethical that we are this far behind, and I think changing templates at this time is ridiculous. This will not get reports finished more quickly. We need to get reports written and out the door. I do not feel like approaching a whole new learning curve, subject to your perfectionistic criticism, while being paid per report.

I am happy to leave you to do the job of mentoring your own employees, and dealing with the consequences yourself when your office manager doesn’t show up. I am open to an offer per report but absolutely would not continue to work in the office. I will only be able to see patients at 4 during the week and later on Wednesdays because with the pay cut I cannot afford Roger.

As an aside, I never said anything to you about your broken promise to provide me with referrals for my therapy practice. I accepted it when you demanded I find my own referral base, without mentoring me on the topic or providing me resources. I went to school to be a counselor, not write reports or be the office manager and I have been a good sport until now.

If you had told me you were facing financial difficulties and asked me to take a pay cut, I would have. Instead, you made it about me and your perception of my failure without considering all the facts.

Kris Math

Comment

I’m leaving to clean out my office. I need every imsner to be on the boards now. Lol.

Comment

I wouldn't send it. Anything in writing should be strictly professional and only a simple resignation or negotiation of reports. I'm glad you wrote it to get it out, but I'd be hesitant to send.

Comment

No, this is too much information in writing.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
                    Allison - professor; wife to a urology attending; mom to baby girl E (11/13), baby boy C (2/16), and a spoiled cat; knitter and hoarder of yarn; photographer

Comment

Ok

Comment

Thank you. It did feel good to write but would be inappropriate to give her. I see that. I wish I could.

Kris

Last edited by PrincessFiona; 09-09-2018, 10:21 AM.

Comment

I know that feeling! I would put something in writing, but leave it to a few sentences. Something like in the previous posts.

Per our previous discussion, I agree that a per report payment would be appropriate. I will be available to write reports during X times for a fee of Y per report. I will also be available to see patients on Z days between such and such times. Thank you.

End of letter.

If she says no, let her know that you understand, and consider this your two week notice. She needs you way more than you need her.

Allison - professor; wife to a urology attending; mom to baby girl E (11/13), baby boy C (2/16), and a spoiled cat; knitter and hoarder of yarn; photographer

Comment

What did you end up doing? I wish for you to get the hell out of dodge. Your husband and mom are not in the trenches enduring the repetitive abuse and disrespect. I realize you need to make money. There has to be a solution. She is taking advantage of your loyalty. Your happiness is worth more.

Needs

Comment

Originally posted by alotofyarn View Post
                              I know that feeling! I would put something in writing, but leave it to a few sentences. Something like in the previous posts.

Per our previous discussion, I agree that a per report payment would be appropriate. I will be available to write reports during X times for a fee of Y per report. I will also be available to see patients on Z days between such and such times. Thank you.

End of letter.

If she says no, let her know that you understand, and consider this your two week notice. She needs you way more than you need her.

I’ve gone into avoidance mode. I’m simply not going in to work tomorrow until my scheduled time to see a patient. I have no way of contacting my boss and I feel so bad about myself I just want to crawl into bed. I hate this bitch and Thomas insists I write reports for her and see my therapy patients. I’m so over it. I feel like my life is a failure. I literally just applied at Target even though they aren’t hiring.

Comment

Originally posted by alotofyarn View Post

End of letter.

I would encourage you to not go into avoidance mode and instead take ALOY’s advice. Avoiding her will not make the issues go away and may possibly exacerbate them. Be direct and straightforward so that you can have some resolution that either makes your work situation better or sets you free so you can move on to something else.

Charlene~Married to an attending Ophtho Mudphud and Mom to 2 daughters

Comment

Working...
                                X