Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Bad day at work means pay cut

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My boss just posted my job on Indeed

To be clear, she ended the conversation with me Thursday leaving the ball in my court. I planned on offering to write reports from Home and seeing patients as suggested here despite my venting. I never got the chance.

Kris

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by PrincessFiona; 09-09-2018, 08:22 PM.
    ~Mom of 5, married to an ID doc
    ~A Rolling Stone Gathers No Moss

Comment

I agree with all of the above, but continue to clean out your office. Remember, people treat you how you allow them to treat you.
      Luanne
      wife, mother, nurse practitioner

"You have not converted a man because you have silenced him." (John, Viscount Morely, On Compromise, 1874)

Comment

Write the letter anyway. She is anticipating that you are going to resign, which tells you (as if you didn’t already know) that she needs someone in the position. Let her know your terms...you may be surprised, and you have nothing to lose!

Wife of an OB/Gyn, mom to three boys, middle school choir teacher.

"I don't know when Dad will be home."

Comment

Originally posted by mommax3 View Post
          Write the letter anyway. She is anticipating that you are going to resign, which tells you (as if you didn’t already know) that she needs someone in the position. Let her know your terms...you may be surprised, and you have nothing to lose!

I agree!
          Allison - professor; wife to a urology attending; mom to baby girl E (11/13), baby boy C (2/16), and a spoiled cat; knitter and hoarder of yarn; photographer

Comment

I meet with her today at 2. I have been crying since last night. I don’t know how to see my 4pm appointment. I will do the best I can in my meeting with her. I doubt it will be pretty. I’m considering canceling my 4pm.

Kris

Comment

Can you write the letter Aloy recommended? Have it ready to hand over.

Also, hand to God, do kegels during the meeting. Heard somewhere it makes it harder for you you cry, and so far I've found that to be true.

Hang in there.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Comment

Thank you

Comment

Thinking of you! You can do this! You've done MUCH harder things than deal with this crazy woman!
                  Allison - professor; wife to a urology attending; mom to baby girl E (11/13), baby boy C (2/16), and a spoiled cat; knitter and hoarder of yarn; photographer

Comment

Good luck!

Wife of Anesthesiology Resident

Comment

She won’t let me work from home. $60 per report. No payment for therapy notes and DA’s. She expects me to hold seminars and workshops and meet individually with physicians over lunch to build my practice.

It is unbelievable. I’m sitting here for an hour uncompensated waiting for a patient.

Her job posting was not “written in stone”.

I hate, hate, hate this job. I am trapped. I have an interview at Kohl’s next Tuesday at 2.

Comment

Walk out. At this point she’s just taking advantage of you. I bet she’ll come crawling back when the work doesn’t get done. Then you’ll have the leverage to insist on working from home. In two weeks, when she just stops paying you AT ALL, are you going to just sit there, working for free?
                        Last edited by scrub-jay; 09-10-2018, 03:16 PM.
                        Wife to PGY4 & Mother of 3.

Comment

Don’t do this to yourself. That is so not worth it. Tell her no and walk away.

Wife of Anesthesiology Resident

Comment

Wait, what? No payment for the other work that you do? $60 per report?

How long does a report take, you said? Hours?

No. Resign now.

Can you do online therapy?? Are there any other professional contacts that that you can go to for local advice?

School therapist?

Substitute teaching? Classes at a local college/community college? Online teaching classes?
                            Heidi, PA-S1 - wife to an orthopaedic surgeon, mom to Ryan, 17, and Alexia, 11.

Comment

Originally posted by scrub-jay View Post
                              Walk out. At this point she’s just taking advantage of you. I bet she’ll come crawling back when the work doesn’t get done. Then you’ll have the leverage to insist on working from home. In two weeks, when she just stops paying you AT ALL, are you going to just sit there, working for free?
                              This! You are better than this, Kris! Nobody else at home may see it, and it may not feel like it right now, but you are worth so much more than this. It is not worth your time to just get paid for these reports and nothing else.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Comment

Yep, time to pack up your stuff and get the hell out of this toxic environment. That’s ridiculous and considering that you have to pay someone else (her husband!) to transport your kids, you are practically working for free for her! Stop the madness and get out.

Charlene~Married to an attending Ophtho Mudphud and Mom to 2 daughters

Comment

Working...
                                X