Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Jessica Simpson's baby

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I went to elementary school with Ina Cloud and her brother Dusty.

And I let my toddler name the baby. (Sort of. He made a vaguely coherent utterance and we ran with it.)
    Alison

Comment

Considering that my toddler named his teddy bear "Eddy," I think I'd take his opinion over my husband's.
      Wife and #1 Fan of Attending Adult & Geriatric Psychiatrist.

Comment

Originally posted by mrsk View Post
        considering that my toddler named his teddy bear "eddy," i think i'd take his opinion over my husband's.
        lol!
        Laurie
        My team: DH (anesthesiologist), DS (9), DD (8)

Comment

Ina Cloud just reminded me of a girl I rode the bus with named Destiny Ironcloud. She was a couple grades above me. For the longest time I didn't believe it was her real name until I saw it in our yearbook. I ran into her years later at the hospital I worked at. She was pregnant and dating a lab tech there. He was one of three handsome brothers that worked there. They were like the Baldwin brothers of our hospital. Anyways it was weird seeing her again. She looked totally different of course and yet I recognized her and she didn't recognize me at all, but how could I forgot someone with an unusual name like that? I suppose that's why the Stars do it. As if their children won't already be famous from growing up in the spotlight.
          Last edited by Cinderella; 05-11-2012, 02:52 PM.
          PGY4 Nephrology Fellow

Out beyond ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing there is a field. I'll meet you there.

~ Rumi

Comment

I used to work with a dude that everyone kept calling "Klaprod". I thought it was the funniest burn ever until I realized it was actually his last name.

I truly thought he had an STD.

Comment

LOL DD! That reminds me of the first time I heard the name Iqbal. I thought they were calling some poor man "Ick-ball".
              Laurie
              My team: DH (anesthesiologist), DS (9), DD (8)

Comment

LOL!

Ya know times change things too. My name used to be considered unique. I even had one girl I worked with back in the 90's that got a call for me and told the person on the line there was nobody there with that name. This was before she knew my name I guess. After she got off the phone she told everyone at work she had never heard that name before and thought that name was really ugly. I was surprised by that reaction because my entire life when people heard my name they would tell me it was very unique and beautiful. So since I worked with this girl I had to inform her that was my name and she had a stunned horrified look. The kicker is her name was something like Ursula or Ulga which is unique itself. Now my name has become really common and is typically trending in the top 10 baby names for girls for I think the last 10 years now. When my Mom picked my name out people in her office would be surprised and tease her by asking, "What did you jump the fence?" This was in Texas so they were referring to her crossing the border if ya get the drift.
                Last edited by Cinderella; 05-11-2012, 04:49 PM.
                PGY4 Nephrology Fellow

Out beyond ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing there is a field. I'll meet you there.

~ Rumi

Comment

Working...
                X