Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Tom and Katie: Is it real?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tom and Katie: Is it real?

I say no. I think it is a big show for their new movies opening. I have to wonder if he is gay like all the whisperings you hear in the tabloids.
    Mom to three wild women.

I didn't see the Oprah appearance but just heard about it. Who knows if its for real or not, but I'm sure we will be hearing all about it!

btw, is it me or does she look like she is 15?

Comment

I don't think it's real. I don't know if this is true, but a friend of mine was telling me that it is very known in the gay community that Tom is gay. At any rate, I think it's a publicity stunt.
      Awake is the new sleep!

Comment

I think it's a bit silly. That's the only word I can describe the intense GUSHING that happens when either of them are interviewed.

I'm all for people being happy but COME ON! Dial it back a bit Tom and Katie.

Do I think it's real? For now, yes.

Flynn

Wife to post training CT surgeon; mother of three kids ages 17, 15, and 11.

“It is our choices, Harry, that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities.” —Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets " Albus Dumbledore

Comment

I think Tom would have been better off learning to skydive or fly a plane instead of this particular way to deal with a midlife crisis.

Comment

Tom Cruise is definitely getting more strange the older he gets. I think it's a publicity stunt or a midlife crisis. He was soooooo weird on Oprah.....jumping around on the couch like a 4 year old. And when asked how the two of them met, Tom mentioned something about how he admired Katie's work.......ummmm, he doesn't really strike me as a Dawson's Creek type of guy.....

Comment

I don't buy it either. So ..... if he is gay (not that there's anything wrong with that ), how do you think they get these women to agree to be his "fake" wife or girlfriend? I understand it is publicity and good for their careers. Still, I would think Nicole would have talked after the nasty break-up. A lot of rumors were swirling about her fooling around, getting pregnant by someone else. Do you think you can actually have contracts that forbid you to tell something like that after a 10 year marriage? I guess I'll have to wait for their tell-all autobiographies in 25 years.
              Angie
              Gyn-Onc fellowship survivor - 10 years out of the training years; reluctant suburbanite
              Mom to DS (18) and DD (15) (and many many pets)

"Where are we going - and what am I doing in this handbasket?"

Comment

http://www.liquidgeneration.com/poptoon ... holmes.asp
                Mom of 3, Veterinarian

Comment

That was funny.
                  Luanne
                  Luanne
                  wife, mother, nurse practitioner

"You have not converted a man because you have silenced him." (John, Viscount Morely, On Compromise, 1874)

Comment

I heard that his "camp" had been making calls to many very young actresses for dates including Jessica Alba. His date with Katie was arranged via telephone without them ever having met before.
                    I also heard Scientologists believe that being gay is a result of a negative experience with the opposite sex. And that one can "fix" themselves and become straight through their so-called scientific methods. I never really believed Tom Cruise was gay until I heard that. There certainly are a LOT of men who are gay, in serious denial and hide it by playing straight and marrying. I think too that his first wife claimed that he was completely non-sexual with her and that's why they got divorced. Who knows for sure except him.
                    An interview with her on Letterman did not impress me at all. She is VERY naive and IMHO completely boring and dittzy.
                    It looks like a publicity stunt/midlife crisis/naive girl in awe of famous star combo to me.
                    IMHO he's humiliating himself and looks ridiculous.

Comment

I wonder if part of the divorce arrangements include limits on what can and can't be said publicly (tied to $$$, of course). Sort of like separation agreements from employers.

Comment

Catchy little tune Michele--I'm going to be singing that one all day!
                        Awake is the new sleep!

Comment

Did anyone catch his interview on Today with Matt Lauer? VERY STRANGE!!

Comment

Oh my gosh...in the part of the interview I saw, Tom Cruise was criticizing Brooke Shields for talking about taking antidepressants to fight PPD. Then Cruise tried to argue with Matt Lauer that depression is not caused by a chemical imbalance and that it can be cured just through exercise and eating right. Ummmm....who gave this guy his MD??? Then he told Lauer, "You don't know the history of psychiatry....I do." Then Matt Lauer said he knew of some people who have been helped by Ritalin. He asked something along the lines of whether or not Cruise thinks too many kids were being put on Ritalin and Cruise got all upset and said something like "Matt, you're glib....you don't even know what Ritalin is." OK???? Tom Cruise just seemed like he was really angry during the interview and he just kept saying to Lauer, "You just don't know what you're talking about." I'm sure in his next interview he'll proclaim to know the meaning to life. WTF??????

Comment

Yeah....something is definitely up with Tom. I wonder if he was always this wierd and controlled by his last PR company or if this is "the new Tom". He recently fired a bunch of his people and replaced them with family members. I think his sister is his current PR rep. Do you think she's telling him he's acting nuts? I admire him for looking at the research behind the drugs, but honestly! A little humility, please?? It's not like the entire field of psychiatry is some great conspiracy.

Did you hear the Brooke Shields response to his criticism? She told him to mind his own business, and then said that if he and Katie would like to see her current play on Broadway she'd leave them free tickets at the door. One adult, one child. Gotta love that.
                              Angie
                              Gyn-Onc fellowship survivor - 10 years out of the training years; reluctant suburbanite
                              Mom to DS (18) and DD (15) (and many many pets)

"Where are we going - and what am I doing in this handbasket?"

Comment

Working...
                              X