Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

If you had the money...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If you had the money...

Name at least three retail purchases that someone could buy for less than $100 that you would spend big bucks on.

Stand Mixer (current fav is the Cuisinart 7.0 Quart 1000 watt mixer in brushed chrome)
    Knives (current fav is the Wustof Classic 23-piece set)
    Vacuum (current fav is the Dyson DC-17)

I am so sure there are a ton more, but those are probably my top 3 right now.
    Heidi, PA-S1 - wife to an orthopaedic surgeon, mom to Ryan, 17, and Alexia, 11.

Re: If you had the money...

I agree, Heidi - I would totally spend money on knives. The ones I've got my eye on is the Shun knife.

http://www.crateandbarrel.com/family.as ... archPage=1

I spend money on leather goods like purses, wallets and briefcases. Shoes too.
    married to an anesthesia attending

Comment

A person could spend something like $10 on a pack of diapers. If I were the queen of the world I'd have nothing but organic cotton/bamboo velour Goodmama fitted cloth diapers at $28.50 a pop. LOL.
      Alison

Comment

You mean for less than $1000 -- right?

Comment

Things that I could get for less then $100 but really want the more then $100 version...

- Coach diaper bag!
          - Shoes
          - Bob Stroller

Wife to NSG out of training, mom to 2, 10 & 8, and a beagle with wings.

Comment

Originally posted by Jane
            I think the idea is that someone *could* buy the item (or AN item in the same category) for under a $100, but IF you had the money you'd break the bank on it? Like, I have an enameled dutch oven that I got for like $5 but it's no Le Creuset.
            Alison

Comment

Originally posted by spotty_dog
              Originally posted by Jane
              I think the idea is that someone *could* buy the item (or AN item in the same category) for under a $100, but IF you had the money you'd break the bank on it? Like, I have an enameled dutch oven that I got for like $5 but it's no Le Creuset.

Yup, that's right. I could spend $40 on a vacuum, or $10 on a set of knives, or $40 on a mixer, but those aren't what I have in mind. Money is no object. Just that you could buy an item for less. Like, I could by $10 pumps at Walmart, or spend $500 for nice ones. Me, I wouldn't care about the $500 shoes one bit, but $10 knives, versus $1000+ knives, no contest.
              Heidi, PA-S1 - wife to an orthopaedic surgeon, mom to Ryan, 17, and Alexia, 11.

Comment

23 knives is a lot of knives, Heidi! I like those Shun knives too.

I think at the top of my list for kitchen stuff is a nice rice cooker.

I'd also like a really nice scarf. I have some inexpensive cotton ones that look nice and keep my warm but I would love a super-soft cashmere one. And that could be extended to sweaters.

Comment

For me it's bedding: feather pillowtop, sheets, pillows, comforter... the whole enchilada. Nothing beats a good sleep.

Comment

I can think of one right now. I should get a kitten from the shelter, but I would LOVE to get a bengal cat. Isn't Kimi awesome:
                    http://www.cheetahsdenbengals.com/kimi.htm

Comment

I've had my eye on this Omega watch for the loooooongest time...

http://www.amazon.com/Omega-Womens-Cons ... 174&sr=1-1

~sigh~ Sadly it won't be adorning my wrist anytime soon...
                      ~Jane

-Wife of urology attending.
                      -SAHM to three great kiddos (2 boys, 1 girl!)

Comment

I would travel much, much more and stay in the nicer condos, suites, cabins etc.; fly first class or private jet; and take advantage of all the extras: the behind the scenes tours, private tours, swim with the dolphins, room service, limos to plays, massages on the ship's deck type things.

I would also take more family with us on trips (my parents, in-laws, brothers, sisters, neices, nephews) who otherwise wouldn't get to go.

Oh, and I would completely update my wardrobe. It's seriously suffering right now.

If we're talking SERIOUS indulgence...I would have a full-time maid and nanny.

Comment

Travel. Yes, I can go to Corpus Christi for the weekend if I need to dip my toes in some water. But I'd much prefer the Dalmatian Coast.

Spa/Hair services- I'd like to trade in the Aveda Institute and actually go the an Aveda SPA.

Jenn

Comment

Shoes, purses, diaper bags, strollers
                            Veronica
                            Mother of two ballerinas and one wild boy

Comment

Heidi, you seriously want us to pick only 3 things?

- Real fur coat. I have absolutely no need for one but I've always felt that a fur coat is the ultimate decadence.
                              - Real tahitian pearls. Not fake plastic or even cultured but the real thing, so that each pearl in the strand is different and unique.
                              - Chanel bag. Classic, timeless with a discreet logo.

Comment

Working...
                              X