Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

If you had the money...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: If you had the money...

Bedding, knives, spa/hair/beauty treatments.

Comment

Knives/Cookware

Hair Services

Shoes and/or Handbags

Comment

If I had money, I'd fly us down to Louisville, for an evening of decent ribs.

We went out last night for ribs. They were cold when they arrived at the table, and we sent them back. When we got them back, they had heated up the plate WITH the fries and coleslaw on it. There's nothing like a dried out rack of ribs, with limp fries and warm coleslaw. I'd spend big money to fly to a different city for a decent dinner.
        married to an anesthesia attending

Comment

Hmm, tough one. I'd get laser hair removal on nearly my entire body. I HATE BODY HAIR!!! I'd also get a great cut/color/highlights. I haven't colored my hair in years, since I can't financially commit to the upkeep. Lastly I'd like to have a housekeeper, my life would be so much more pleasant.

Guess it looks like I'm more interested in the intangibles. :huh:
          Charlene~Married to an attending Ophtho Mudphud and Mom to 2 daughters

Comment

Oh boy, this is hard to limit to 3! But if I had to choose 3 products that I want right now but can't afford:
            1- A dyson
            2- Zero gravity chair (ohh...my aching back!)
            3- iphone

If we're talking in general...about anything I could get, money no object my 3 would include:
            1- personal chef
            2- private jet
            3- yacht - I love the ocean but hate the sun, yet I would probably sell my house to live on a boat!

Comment

Originally posted by Ladybug

Heidi, I hope this means you're forwarding this thread to jolly ole Santa.
              Heh ... isn't Heidi the one that figured out how to contact you when the site was down by sending a message to your husband?? If you want this list forwarded to Santa, just give us his email address and we're on it. I think it starts out with todd....

Comment

Annie, maybe we can get a two for one on that coat. You think? I said that this year would be the year I invest in a coat like that and alas, no coat. I do vaguely recall Vishenka saying spring is a good time to find them on sale. Vishenka, can I hire you as my personal shopper?

Comment

on the less expensive front:
                  wool pea coat
                  closed back, black-dansko clogs
                  cashmere sweater

and more expensive:
                  house
                  suburban or yukon
                  adopt from china
                  ~shacked up with an ob/gyn~

Comment

I'm finding I have a coat thing to along with my boot thing. I snagged a white quilted coat yesterday at Macy's, but I would love to trade up for the burberry someday. Tres chic.

Or maybe this burberry:

or this one:

I covet burberry.

Then I'd ask Santa for this pewter flatware I've had my eye on (we must replace our old Target flatware this year):

Then I ask him to throw in a cashmere throw to snuggle up with.

Heidi, I hope this means you're forwarding this thread to jolly ole Santa.
                    I LOVE those last two coats. STUNNING. I LOVE Burberry. I wear their fragrances and I have a scarf and a few clothing items. To die for! Yay!

Also, I got a cashmere throw from my grandparents for my birthday. LOVE IT!!!! Put it on the Christmas list and give it to your DH. Or better yet, buy one for your DH and then you get to use it!!

Comment

Yep, between the kitchen and the closets, we could do some serious damage.

Comment

I'm all over that. Do you think they drop after Christmas? Vishenka?
                        I think that last year she said March for sales?

Comment

Being completely and utterly selfish...

expensive facial treatments to remove sun damage from my younger years
                          regular massages
                          haircuts and highlighting regularly
                          hire a decorator to help me do my bedroom with bedding and window treatments where I am not considering cost
                          buy dining room furniture
                          put in a pool in our backyard
                          hire a chef to cook healthy meals
                          hire a stylist to help me with a lame wardrobe
                          Needs

Comment

As long as we're going over the 100 dollar mark, I'll play. (Blenders, mixers totally don't do it for me and I like clothes, but not expensive ones. )

-A year to travel every nook and cranny of the globe. We'd stay in some highbrow places and rough it too.
                            -The following year, I want a kick-my-butt every single morning personal trainer. Then I want a spot in the NYC marathon, next to PDiddy, Katie, and Will Ferrell.
                            -Weekly sessions with a dermatologist/anesth... (skin person that I can't spell).
                            -An unlimited Barnes and Noble account.
                            -A house cleaner and decorator.
                            -A part time, incredibly gifted nanny who truly loves kids. As long as we're "going for it" she's got to be fluent in Spanish and Chinese and love sharing her knowledge. Also, she would have a meticulous driving record and *love* to cart kids around to places.

That is all that comes to mind right now. Dream on...

Kelly
                            In my dreams I run with the Kenyans.

Comment

Originally posted by cupcake
                              Annie, maybe we can get a two for one on that coat. You think? I said that this year would be the year I invest in a coat like that and alas, no coat. I do vaguely recall Vishenka saying spring is a good time to find them on sale. Vishenka, can I hire you as my personal shopper?
                              No problem, cover my airfare and I'm all yours. The sales actually start in February. And girls Burberry has outlets and there are sales in outlets. Although I'm sure Last Call and Off Saks in February will have good deals too.

Comment

Originally posted by Vishenka69
                                Originally posted by cupcake
                                No problem, cover my airfare and I'm all yours. The sales actually start in February. And girls Burberry has outlets and there are sales in outlets. Although I'm sure Last Call and Off Saks in February will have good deals too.

Yep, I love the Burberry outlet. I got SO a Burberry scarf and gloves set for $50 as a Christmas gift a couple years ago. Talk about a STEAL! It looks like this http://www.burberryusaonline.com/produc ... age=family but it isn't cashmere. I think it was originally $195 at that time.

Comment

Working...
                                X