Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Shoes fabulous shoes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shoes fabulous shoes

I have 18. Yes indeed ladies and gentlemen I am a Birkenstock addict. In fact, as I have been trying to find positive things about my husband going to Iraq, one which lept to mind was that I can buy Birks once again with impunity- I don't have to attempt to argue the very valid point, "you don't need another pair of Birkenstocks."

Jenn

I didn't even know there were 18 different pairs of birkenstocks. DH just got a new pair this past summer after I forced him to b/c he was basically walking on the ground in a pair he'd had for 12 years!
    Wife to NSG out of training, mom to 2, 10 & 8, and a beagle with wings.

Comment

I buy from a source on eBay.

Jenn

Comment

Jenn, share your source!!!!
        Luanne
        wife, mother, nurse practitioner

"You have not converted a man because you have silenced him." (John, Viscount Morely, On Compromise, 1874)

Comment

I did a search when you mentioned the cow print and I found some. They're Birki's. Sooooo cute!
          Cristina
          IM PGY-2

Comment

Originally posted by Suzy Sunshine
            I didn't even know there were 18 different pairs of birkenstocks. DH just got a new pair this past summer after I forced him to b/c he was basically walking on the ground in a pair he'd had for 12 years!
            There are LOADS. Heidi Klum even has a "line" of them. For around $300 and up.

I can't wear 'em. My feet are too stinkin' flat.

Comment

I don't even own five pairs of shoes! (I've mentioned that I'm a miser, haven't I?)

Well......it's a small good thing Jenn, but I'd definitely take advantage of the shoe buying freedom over the next 14 mos. You totally deserve it.
              Angie
              Gyn-Onc fellowship survivor - 10 years out of the training years; reluctant suburbanite
              Mom to DS (18) and DD (15) (and many many pets)

"Where are we going - and what am I doing in this handbasket?"

Comment

I'm so doing a shoes article next. :>

Comment

you better not be dissing the birks, vishenka!!
                  ~shacked up with an ob/gyn~

Comment

I"ve fallen in love with my Mephisto - the Helen... fits me like a glove

I only have one...

Comment

Vishenka wrote:

I'm so doing a shoes article next.
                      Yes! I love cute shoes, but my feet do not. Running has torn them apart and I just can't do those spiky sex kitten shoes anymore. Can you shoe us some cute "real life" shoes. You know, that you could comfortably wear and look pulled together? I have a few cute Skecher Mary Janes for summer, but that is about it.

Kelly
                      In my dreams I run with the Kenyans.

Comment

Can you shoe us some cute "real life" shoes. You know, that you could comfortably wear and look pulled together? I have a few cute Skecher Mary Janes for summer, but that is about it.
                        Kelly, definitely. I just hope the birkenstock crowd doesn't stone me.

Comment

Originally posted by Color_Me_Sulky

I only have one...
                          I love Mephistos as well. (sigh) Dh questions me when I buy a pair. I have 4. I tell him well would you rather pay for me to have surgery on my other foot, a nanny and a housekeeper, and have me out of commission for 8 weeks or pay for the expensive shoes. He hasn't ragged me about the shoes since.

My 2 other loves- my oiled brown Dansko clogs, and my Ugg boots.
                          Gas, and 4 kids

Comment

Originally posted by Amiens
                            Originally posted by Color_Me_Sulky

I only have one...
                            I love Mephistos as well. (sigh) Dh questions me when I buy a pair. I have 4. I tell him well would you rather pay for me to have surgery on my other foot, a nanny and a housekeeper, and have me out of commission for 8 weeks or pay for the expensive shoes. He hasn't ragged me about the shoes since.

My 2 other loves- my oiled brown Dansko clogs, and my Ugg boots.
                            One, can I PLEASE use your excuse on my DH??? I have the impossible foot - size 5.5 and such a high arch most arch suports never touch my foot!

Second madeintawian LOVES Uggs... so you're in good company.

Comment

All this Birk talk is another language to me...

Can we start talking stiletto please?

Comment

Working...
                              X