Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

brrrrrr

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Schools are closed here too. DD and I found out when we were standing at the bus stop -- and no bus came. I checked at 6:30 am an school was still on for the day. We thought that maybe the bus was just running late. After 15 minutes, we went back inside.

Turns out they closed the schools at 7 am because they didn't want kids waiting at the bus stop.
    Angie
    Gyn-Onc fellowship survivor - 10 years out of the training years; reluctant suburbanite
    Mom to DS (18) and DD (15) (and many many pets)

"Where are we going - and what am I doing in this handbasket?"

Comment

Our schools are open but a lot of the smaller towns around us are closed. At last check it was -20 with a windchill of -37.

Tomorrow it is supposed to be "warmer" (i.e. 0)
      Wife to NSG out of training, mom to 2, 10 & 8, and a beagle with wings.

Comment

Yep. No school today for us.

The temp is - 21. The windchill is between -30 and -50 depending on where you are.

Nuts. Absolutely nuts. I keep saying ....the job is good the job is good the job is good!!!!! (to support WHY we are here in this FROZEN tundra!!!!)

I'll have to go to my "bag of tricks" so we can manufacture fun today.

As Winnie the Pooh says, "...Oh Bother."
        Flynn

Wife to post training CT surgeon; mother of three kids ages 17, 15, and 11.

“It is our choices, Harry, that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities.” —Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets " Albus Dumbledore

Comment

Schools are closed here, too. My poor little Camry put-put-puttered at 15 mph when I took DH to work this morning.

Comment

I'm considering feeding my kids healthy stuff all day -- then use the MacDonalds play area here for a 3:15 post nap/milkshake treat!!!!

Since we live in a smaller area than a big city it's rarely crowded and they keep it very clean for a MacDonalds play area.
            Flynn

“It is our choices, Harry, that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities.” —Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets " Albus Dumbledore

Comment

I'm officially contemplating Uggs.

Comment

Come over to the dark side, Vishenka...... :>

We're warm over here.
                Angie
                Gyn-Onc fellowship survivor - 10 years out of the training years; reluctant suburbanite
                Mom to DS (18) and DD (15) (and many many pets)

"Where are we going - and what am I doing in this handbasket?"

Comment

It was -2 with a windchill somewhere in the -20s when we left this morning, two hours later than usual. Both my school and the kids' school had a two hour delay.

I have never heard of drive-up stores! Or valet parking at malls. In Wichita Falls, they were building a drive-up liquor store, which I thought was appalling, but that is the closest thing to what you are describing that I have experienced.

Sally
                  Wife of an OB/Gyn, mom to three boys, middle school choir teacher.

"I don't know when Dad will be home."

Comment

I'm not going to lie about it... I own these and love them.

Comment

OMG!!! those have got to be THE ugliest things i have ever seen!!
                      ~shacked up with an ob/gyn~

Comment

Re: the cold.....

Welcome to my world!
                        I'm ready to immigrate.... ...anywhere........warm, that it!!!

They don't even have the decency to close things here when it's cold...wait now, that would be always here

Comment

Originally posted by Sheherezade
                          Come over to the dark side, Vishenka...... :>

We're warm over here.
                          I'm still contemplating though. But I found some deals on ebay that might be just too good (not to mention too cold) to resist.

Comment

We were closed today and are closed tomorrow also. The girl's are driving me crazy/ I love my Ugg slippers. I went out in the snow to fetch my Siberian Husky and my toes still stayed toasty warm. They are amazing!

Comment

We shouldn't have had to go to work today.
                              I waited 20 minutes in the cold for the bus, was about to hail a cab, and then the bus showed up.

I had to walk over a freeway overpass (brrrrrr) and I had ice start to form at the ends of my eyelashes (my eyes were tearing and the tears froze). The liquid in my eyes was starting to freeze and made this crunchy feeling when I blinked. My snot was freezing to the hair in my nostrils. I thought I was going to die.

I got to my office, blew my nose and it started to bleed.

Dh was postcall today, and I made him come pick me up. He was mad that he had to come get me, but I say: F that s....
                              married to an anesthesia attending

Comment

Another lovely day in the frozen tundra...it's supposed to WARM up to -12 (without the windchill) by Thursday.

Right now we're sitting (insert h between s and i) pretty at -23.

Okay...this was fine for a couple of days but I'M DONE WITH THIS.
                                I'm about to do a dance in the front yard for warmer weather.

Good grief. :{ :{ :{ :{
                                Flynn

Comment

Working...
                                X