Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Trader Joe's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trader Joe's

Well, I went to Trader Joe's for the first time ever. I am in love. :stars: Thanks to everyone who willed me to go.

I can't wait to take my DH back with me. He'll be in tears by the time we get to the frozen fish section.

Wife to NSG out of training, mom to 2, 10 & 8, and a beagle with wings.

Comment

We'd be failing you if we didn't push. Glad you liked it.

I think that JP deserves one in KC for all her promotional efforts.

Comment

Okay, now that we have a thread on this, what is everyone's favorite TJ's item? We just moved back into a TJ's area (we even have Whole Foods now, too), so I have to get re-acquainted with it. I love...
        Marinated Bean salad (I add cherry tomatoes, cilantro, and feta to dress it up)
        Frozen rice - either brown or jasmine - who can beat rice in 3 minutes?
        Blueberry juice - worth almost $6
        small almond packets
        any of their cheeses
        Yo Baby (I know you can get it elsewhere, but why?)
        Orange chicken - dinner, with the rice, in 15 minutes
        Organic blue tortilla chips
        Roasted red pepper spread - on crackers, veggies, sandwiches
        roasted red pepper soup
        tortilla corn chowder
        turkey meatballs (actually, I don't eat them, but DD does when I'm lazy)

Okay, let me know what else I can't pass up!
        -Deb
        Wife to EP, just trying to keep up with my FOUR busy kids!

Comment

I will come up with a longer list but the first thing that comes to mind: the sesame cashews. Oh, I do love those.

And any of the nuts or trail mixes (the Heavenly mix).

And they have a great price on Larabars.

Comment

I got the orange chicken today! I'm adding veggies and brown rice for dinner tonight. I also got the chocolate candy-coated sunflower seeds that Heidi from SC mentioned in an earlier post. The kids love them! I didn't see the blueberry juice but that sounds interesting.

Comment

Chocolate covered candied ginger. Yum. Their bars of dark chocolate are really good too.

Comment

I also just recently had my first TJ's experience. Loved it. I love the cheese selection and their choice of veggie "fake meat" products. And the three layer humous dip, I have been craving that ever since....I need to go back this week

Comment

I haven't been yet despite living in Chicago for five years now.

I'm moving like six blocks from one, so I guess I'll have to start going soon!
                  - Eric: Husband to PGY3 Neuro

Comment

We are living close to one now too. Keep the recs coming!!

Comment

The Thai Chili Lime peanuts are frighteningly habit forming.

I've been getting my peeps in TJs land to send Rick those prepacked Indian food meals- they're the kind you can heat up in hot water (or just leave outside in Baghdad where it's 115 degrees, I suppose). He loves their various jerkys but they don't make their salmon jerky anymore- even I loved that.

If you ever see the frozen rock shrimp, buy as many bags as you can carry.

Jenn

Comment

After the move the nearest one will be 45 minutes away next to a huge upscale mall. I think I'll need a bigger car.

Comment

No more salmon jerky? I love that stuff!

I know another place to get it but it is $1-2 more a package.

Comment

We don't have one in Colorado. I wish we did, I hear such good things about it!

Comment

My TJs staples include their (dry) jasmine rice, chicken breasts (no added "solutions"), banana waffles, uncooked frozen shrimp, wild Alaskan salmon, frozen Potato Medley, sometimes frozen Biryani if we're in the mood (it was one of the four food groups while I was in college!), smoked chicken sausage with chardonnay and apples, canned lentil soup, sourdough bread, any of their boxed quick breads, peanut butter, olive oil, pasta sauce, pasta. Yeah, simple stuff but you just can't beat the quality for the price! And I always find something fun and unique, of course, like sweet potato chips.

When we were eating more dairy and alcohol it was forbidden to go to TJs and not buy Brie, Gorgonzola, beer, and Purple Moon wine.
                              Alison

Comment

Working...
                              X