Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Trader Joe's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Purple Moon wine? That sounds enticing

Comment

I absolutely adore their dried fruit...mangos, apples, and cinnamon apples are pretty much the best things ever. They also have excellent soups (cracked pepper and red pepper, butternut squash soup) for the winter.

They also sell quinoa (the only grain with PROTEIN, make it with cheapo chicken broth and it's amazing). Oh and also Kashi's Strawberry Fields cereal which is a delicious treat (since Costco cereal is definitely more economical).
      Married to a Urology Attending! (that is an understated exclamation point)
      Mama to C (Jan 2012), D (Nov 2013), and R (April 2016). Consulting and homeschooling are my day jobs.

Comment

Ditto to the olive oil and jasmine rice. The brown rice too. I buy it dry but should try the frozen stuff I guess.

My kids love the strawberry yogurt cheerios -- or it is something like that.

How, oh HOW did I forget the Jo-Jos? I have a serious sandwich cookie weakness and those are my favorites.

Let's see...oh, the Niman Ranch bacon. Good stuff. Bellweather Farm creme fraiche. All the cheeses. The greek yogurt. The frozen pizzas aren't too bad. The frozen spanikopita is good -- either the tray or the little triangles.

Almond Thin cookies. The same as the Jules Destrooper ones at Whole Foods but less expensive.

The pasta, especially the ones in the brown wrapper. The chicken broth (in the aseptic containers).

Smoked chicken sausage? Sounds good. I'll have to check that one out. Is it in the freezer section?

Did I mention the cashews?

Comment

I hate all of you.

Comment

I hate them, too.

The one good thing about going to my MILs is the TJs.

Jenn

Comment

Originally posted by lilponygirl
              Purple Moon wine? That sounds enticing
              They're cheap (~$4-5 a bottle) but have a very tasty shiraz and cabernet!

Originally posted by cupcake
              Smoked chicken sausage? Sounds good. I'll have to check that one out. Is it in the freezer section?
              No, usually with the refrigerated meats and deli meats.
              Alison

Comment

I heart the orange chicken, I have two packages in my freezer right now. Yum.

I also love the cinnamon & sugar pita chips, the sesame honey sticks, various refrigerated and frozen pastas (lobster ravioli, artichoke ravioli, walnut-gorgonzola tortellini), DH loves their chipotle salsa, the frozen seafood medley (great to add to stir-frys and pastas), mingling olives... My list is very long, you get the idea.
                ~Jane

-Wife of urology attending.
                -SAHM to three great kiddos (2 boys, 1 girl!)

Comment

The stuff I buy at TJ's:
                  long grain brown rice (dry), whole wheat couscous, quinoa, peanut butter, fruit leather, frozen strawberries, raspberries & blueberries, Honey Nut O's, nuts, dried fruit, sesame sticks, jam, olive oil, baby bell light cheeze, fake meat chicken nuggests, cat food (wet), frozen salmon. The dark chocolate cherrys and honey roasted peanuts are super tasty. :mmm:
                  Wife to Hand Surgeon just out of training, mom to two lovely kittys and little boy, O, born in Sept 08.

Comment

Originally posted by AtTheBeach
                    I also got the chocolate candy-coated sunflower seeds that Heidi from SC mentioned in an earlier post. The kids love them!
                    I am so jealous. So, so, so jealous, and not in a good loving way.
                    Heidi, PA-S1 - wife to an orthopaedic surgeon, mom to Ryan, 17, and Alexia, 11.

Comment

OK, I've only been once so I'm not a pro (yet) but I'm making a list based on all of the previous posts and going back.

We could market the Official iMSN Trader Joe's Favorites grocery list...

Comment

I can't wait to go now! It's so close to us too. It might prove dangerous.
                        The food is healthy though, right? And health is wealth???

Comment

Originally posted by AtTheBeach

We could market the Official iMSN Trader Joe's Favorites grocery list...
                          Seriously -- there should be a consolidated go-to list for all of the new TJ recruits to reference.

Comment

Originally posted by Genivieve
                            I hate all of you.
                            No TJs in KC, I take it. That's weird! We have FOUR in the St. Louis area.

I'll be coming to KC in October on business. Make a list. I'll be glad to bring you whatever you'd like!

Comment

Originally posted by GrayMatterWife
                              I'll be coming to KC in October on business. Make a list. I'll be glad to bring you whatever you'd like!
                              Really? Please don't toy with me. Remember, I'm pregnant and I cry easily.

I'd be forever in your debt.

Comment

The half-sour pickles.

Not as good as real deli half-sours, but still the best ones I've had from a jar.
                                Married to a hematopathologist seven years out of training.
                                Raising three girls, 11, 9, and 2.

“That was the thing about the world: it wasn't that things were harder than you thought they were going to be, it was that they were hard in ways that you didn't expect.”
                                Lev Grossman, The Magician King

Comment

Working...
                                X