Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Trader Joe's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by cupcake
    Sandy, I think there is a west region and east region for TJs and the stuff doesn't always overlap. Sorry.
    Thankfully, for those particular items, the cashier knew exactly what I was talking about, and said they do carry them, just didn't have them in stock at the moment.

Originally posted by cupcake
    How silly about the baco-bits! I know the ones you are talking about. I would give Wild Oats a try. I think that WF is better, generally speaking, than WO but WO tends to have more of those "health food store" sorts of things. Whereas WF just gets snobby about what it carries. Well, Wild Oats does too but in a different way.

Did you ever shop at New Seasons? I love them because they aren't snobby. Want tofu pate? Sure! Want Coca-Cola to go with it? Have at it! I love it.
    Yup! I miss New Seasons, too. *sigh*. It's always surprised me that they have regular frito-lay items, but not the "naturals" line.

I don't get the snobbiness at WF. It just means we won't go there unless we need very particular things. :huh:
    Sandy
    Wife of EM Attending, Web Programmer, mom to one older lady scaredy-cat and one sweet-but-dumb younger boy kitty

Comment

The WF employees here are pretty friendly, not as much so as the Denver store. It is the ingredient snobbery that bugs me. For example, they don't carry sweetened shredded coconut. Is that good for you? Not really, but can I decide if I eat it? There are plenty of "gourmet" applications for sweetened shredded coconut and recipes where using the 1/4" wide strips of "natural" chewy dry coconut won't work.

I'll spare you the rest of my list of ingredients they deem unfit for my consumption.

New Seasons is so great. When I get groceries delivered that is the store I order from. LOVE them. It is the friendliest store in town!

Sorry for the hijack. I pledge my allegiance to Trader Joe's and the trail mix for which it stands.

Comment

Originally posted by poky
        . Is the asking if you found everything you were looking for a regional thing?
        That TJ's does usually ask -- it must have been a less-than-stellar cashier. That said, you will (sadly) find that customer service in your new city is sorely lacking. I've been AMAZED by the difference we've seen here (obviously not at TJ's ... we don't have one). It's largely a fend-for-yourself kind of town ... at least where the folks making minimum wage are concerned.

Comment

I think it is regional to continue the thread hijack...

And you never realize how quickly it rubs off on you. People in Boston (that I've met, I realize not everyone may be like this) traditionally don't say hi to one another on the street or ask if you need help in the store. Where I was raised (Southern Maryland), people always ask. A few weekends I was home and my mother was appalled as I blinked blankly for a few seconds before responding to a friendly "Hello! Can I help you with anything?" as I entered a store.

I've resolved to uphold the tradition of saying hi to people now that I'm back in Boston, even if people do look at me strangely!
          Married to a Urology Attending! (that is an understated exclamation point)
          Mama to C (Jan 2012), D (Nov 2013), and R (April 2016). Consulting and homeschooling are my day jobs.

Comment

Found a new one: Sweet, Salty 'n' Nutty Trek Mix. Honey roasted peanuts and cashews, regular salted peanuts and almonds, and peanut brittle. Mmmm.

The pesto gnocchi, are you guys getting it from the freezer or from the pasta shelf? I saw new gnocchi products in both places today!
            Alison

Comment

I got mine from the freezer. Served it with alfredo sauce, but it had enough flavor to just be tossed in olive oil and maybe a little cheese.
              -Deb
              Wife to EP, just trying to keep up with my FOUR busy kids!

Comment

Charlotte in mid-August, Charlotte in mid-August, Charlotte in mid-August!!!!!!

I still cannot find the exact date for the grand opening though. Open, open, open!!!

Only an hour drive from my house. There will be a lot more miles on my car soon.
                Heidi, PA-S1 - wife to an orthopaedic surgeon, mom to Ryan, 17, and Alexia, 11.

Comment

Have you all tried the frozen strawberries and creme dipped in white chocolate?

Holy Moly, those things are like crack.

Kelly
                  In my dreams I run with the Kenyans.

Comment

Originally posted by house elf
                    Have you all tried the frozen strawberries and creme dipped in white chocolate?

Holy Moly, those things are like crack.

Kelly
                    With a rec like that...!

Pesto gnocchi we use is from the freezer section. Truly only takes minutes to cook.

Comment

Anyone tried the Veggie Masala burgers? Soooo good! Tastes like the inside of a samosa.

Suz, thanks for the dark chocolate pretzel rec...those are delicious!

Comment

I don't know what we would do without TJ's dried mango slices. We live on that as our carry around snack.

Comment

The community education program here...you know that one - it offers calligraphy, foreign languages, dancing, sports, etc for all ages at local schools after hours...is offering-

Wine Tasting and Tour of Trader Joe's

for around $25 you get to taste the various wines, go on a guided tour of the store/products, and leave with a goody bag.

Comment

Trader Joes opens today in Charlotte!!!!!

Only one hour till I need to leave. I'm in heaven!!
                            Heidi, PA-S1 - wife to an orthopaedic surgeon, mom to Ryan, 17, and Alexia, 11.

Comment

Have a great time, Heidi, I know you've been waiting for this!
                              :stars: :stars: :stars:

Comment

Originally posted by Vanquisher
                                Trader Joes opens today in Charlotte!!!!!

Only one hour till I need to leave. I'm in heaven!!
                                Wife to NSG out of training, mom to 2, 10 & 8, and a beagle with wings.

Comment

Working...
                                X