Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Oy! The heat!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yep, I noticed a couple of trees with leaves changing in my neck of the woods, too. Maybe the trees decided to just give up after a miserable, too hot summer. :huh:

Comment

It was hot here yesterday...when is it not...anyway we watched a dust storm blow in. I let the kiddos stand on the ledge of our garden tub in the master bedroom (upstairs). It's in the corner and ther are two large picture windows that form part of the corner, so it is ideal for watching storms. Anyway there was a sever thunderstorm warinng out , but all we got was the big cloud of dust before hand!

Comment

Originally posted by rainbabies
        100+ all last week. so not in a good mood cause of it. thankfully we have a large clean basement. i sent the kids down there with their bikes and chalk. around 6pm i would let them ouside for a couple hrs...*gasp* past the official bedtime.

im a firm believer in kicking the babes outside everyday...just not in the discusting heat!!!
        Seriously. It's been awful near us.

Comment

Originally posted by *Lily*
          Heidi, I bet you know more and don't know it -

schlep, kvetch, megillah, schmuck, schmaltz, nosh, maven = all Yiddish words in pretty regular usage in our household.

I have to say it's nice to live in a place where people don't bat an eye if I say I just want a nosh.
          OK, I do know schlep and schmuck. As for the rest of those... :huh:

I may need a translator...

Comment

yesterday 96, today 99, tomorrow over 100.

so.not.loving.it.
            ~shacked up with an ob/gyn~

Comment

Holy moly. I'm pretty sure we just had a tornado go through Chicago. It's been so hot and humid (and rainy) these past few days, and on my way home from work, there were power lines on the streets, trees split in half, and branches ev-er-y-where. There's a huge storm going on outside right now.

I will never miss the summer's here....
              married to an anesthesia attending

Comment

Our power bill last month was $301. ...and I used to complain about it being over $150 in Nashville.

Comment

Originally posted by AtTheBeach
                  Our power bill last month was $301. ...and I used to complain about it being over $150 in Nashville.
                  that's one of the problems with the fab older houses in Cleveland. When we were still trying to sell our CH house and living in our KC house (which is only 5 years old), we were amazed (sickened) at what we had to pay to keep the CH house at 50 degrees so the pipes didn't freeze. Our bill for the unoccupied house in Cleveland was nearly the same as our KC house, which is twice the size.

It's been 97 - 102 in KC for the past 3 weeks. I can take no more.

Comment

I feel so bad. We got to 100 here today-first day of school and our old Elementary school has no AC in the main building where my 1st grader has class. They have fans but that does little good. My 4th grader is in a modular outside the main building and is cool as a cucumber. My little one was melted by the time I picked them up.

The new school is scheduled to open in February. What do you want to bet that the heaters won't work?

Comment

Originally posted by trisha2486
                      I feel so bad. We got to 100 here today-first day of school and our old Elementary school has no AC in the main building where my 1st grader has class. They have fans but that does little good. My 4th grader is in a modular outside the main building and is cool as a cucumber. My little one was melted by the time I picked them up.

The new school is scheduled to open in February. What do you want to bet that the heaters won't work?
                      I'm surprised they didn't cancel school. In STL city there is always tons of early releases and school cancelled during the first weeks of school when it is so hot.

Comment

I can't imagine life without a/c! Though I've visited Panama with my mom and they don't even have glass on the windows of their homes!
                        Veronica
                        Mother of two ballerinas and one wild boy

Comment

They are doing half days here in Indianapolis, and someone had a thermometer in one of the classrooms. It measured 94 degrees...are kids actually supposed to learn in that environment?

Eileen

Comment

Working...
                          X