Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

I need your help!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: I need your help!

Originally posted by migirl
    I just wanted to observe that it's taken some interesting tangents!

Any thread dealing with both Portland and fashion is obliged to do so. When you combine hippies or former hippies with anything even remotely clothing oriented, you see some pretty interesting results. My MIL is a great example. To DH's med school graduation she wore a hippy-dippy sundress, sans foundation garments. Nothing like a bra-less, spaghetti strap wearing GRANDMOTHER to make you search for that ing emoticon. Blech. But we got lucky. She must have deemed it a really special occasion. She at least shaved.

Comment

Last edited by weeniegeniewife; 09-23-2010, 11:26 AM.
      Married to a peds surgeon attending

Comment

Originally posted by poky
        Originally posted by spotty_dog
        One of the most wonderful years of our life together was spent living right at Cornelius Pass and the 26, just a sneeze from the Hillsboro border.
        You lived at the Roadhouse?

There's a Freddy's complex right at 26 and CP, now. It's the one the Roloffs go to when they go to a Freddy's on "little people, big world"

And... "the" 26? Oh, Alison. :tsk: Where did you pick that "the" up?
        Practically! It was walkable from our place and a big part of what made that year so blissful. The Freddy's was there when we were, also very convenient. We were in the residential complex north of the freeway.

I've lived too long in the lands of the 90 and the 10 I guess?

(Um, I realize I'm to blame for a lot of the hijack here. But I love a good thread drift! :P )
        Alison

Comment

I feel compelled to add that I don't think all Reedies are naked hairy hippies. I just happened to think of this because my friend (who is now clean shaven and always dressed) and I have been talking about having a slip and slide date with the kids. The thought of a of "naked hairy hippy" on the slip and slide just cracks me up.

Comment

My DH is not on the hairy hippy side - he is the Brooks Brothers side of Reedies. They exist too.

Comment

I haven't read all of the responses, but here are a few things I have actually done in the past.

1. Find out where it is going to be and call that place, ask for the manager, tell them your story and ask what the usual dress is for that event!!!!!! (This has worked for me!).

2. If it is a hospital thing there may be something on the website with pictures from past years.

3. If it is a community thing, search the newspaper archives for pictures from past years.

Good luck!
              Luanne
              wife, mother, nurse practitioner

"You have not converted a man because you have silenced him." (John, Viscount Morely, On Compromise, 1874)

Comment

These are great ideas Luanne!

Comment

Originally posted by spotty_dog
                  Lily, Carrhartts are canvas pants. Nice and sturdy -- and delightfully crisp when new!
                  Here is a link for Carrhartts. Sad part is I knew exactly which store locally carries them. I so need to get out more.

http://www.farmandfleet.com/catalog/pro ... %c2%ae&p=3
                  Kris

Comment

Working...
                  X