Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Early Voting?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Early Voting?

Anyone else have the opportunity? I voted today at one of the local malls and it took me an hour in line! Apparently there are record turn-outs in Houston, Austin and Dallas and San Antonio is on pace to break it's record too?!

What's happening where you are?

Jenn

Re: Early Voting?

We vote by mail here in Oregon. I love it and missed it while living in Pa. Anyway, I hope to mail my ballot by tomorrow.

If I vote tomorrow, shouldn't I be exempt from hearing all of those political ads? I'm sick of them!
    Wife of Ophthalmologist and Mom to my daughter and two boys.

Comment

I've already mailed in my absentee ballot. Ohio has early voting, too; in Cleveland you have to go downtown, but I've heard it's been running pretty smoothly.
      Sandy
      Wife of EM Attending, Web Programmer, mom to one older lady scaredy-cat and one sweet-but-dumb younger boy kitty

Comment

A group tried to go at lunch today. They came back complaining that the lines were around the block.
        Wife and #1 Fan of Attending Adult & Geriatric Psychiatrist.

Comment

I'm voting in my apartment building's lobby on the 4th.
          married to an anesthesia attending

Comment

I mailed my absentee ballot a few days ago. I think that requesting an early ballot by mail and then dropping it off at a satellite location (or mailing it in) is the only way to vote early here.
            Alison

Comment

DH voted early by mail. I am still planning to hit the polls on election day....but I may brave the downtown office. I'm a little worried about my ID because it has my maiden name on it (BMV mistake I have yet to correct ) and my registration is in my married name. I've never been asked to present my driver's license at our local polls (we just sign in) but I'd hate to have it happen on this election day!!
              Angie
              Gyn-Onc fellowship survivor - 10 years out of the training years; reluctant suburbanite
              Mom to DS (18) and DD (15) (and many many pets)

"Where are we going - and what am I doing in this handbasket?"

Comment

I'm signed, sealed, and (hopefully) delivered. Waiting in line for an hour with two kids was so not fun.

Kelly
                In my dreams I run with the Kenyans.

Comment

KS has early voting, and I've gotten a ballot for dh as he'll be out of town on election day. I chose not to do the same for myself. I enjoy the mini-civics lesson in taking my kids to the polls and actually punching my ballot. I remember doing the same with my mom, and if there are crazy lines, I will just be GRATEFUL that Americans are actually taking their priveledge to heart.

Comment

Originally posted by Jane
                    I enjoy the mini-civics lesson in taking my kids to the polls and actually punching my ballot.
                    I think I'm going to start doing this next year, hopefully at 3 Eddy will be able to appreciate it a little.
                    Alison

Comment

Originally posted by spotty_dog
                      I enjoy the mini-civics lesson in taking my kids to the polls and actually punching my ballot.
                      I think I'm going to start doing this next year, hopefully at 3 Eddy will be able to appreciate it a little.
                      Should I take my husband? This is his first election.
                      married to an anesthesia attending

Comment

I got an absentee ballot for the first time...already mailed it back. I expect (hope) that the lines will be very long on election day this time and I didn't want to navigate that with three kids in tow.

Comment

Originally posted by JaneDoe
                          We vote by mail here in Oregon. I love it and missed it while living in Pa. Anyway, I hope to mail my ballot by tomorrow.

If I vote tomorrow, shouldn't I be exempt from hearing all of those political ads? I'm sick of them!
                          I just got my ballot today. Can we even vote the old way? I wouldn't know where to go!

Amen on the about the political ads! Blech! I caught a few on TV last night. They just make me dislike both candidates. I love ( ) the one with Gordon Smith and the big bag of frozen peas. I had the TV on mute so I have no idea what horrible and un-ethical crimes he committed against that bag of peas.

I agree about missing the civic lesson for kids. I feel like voting in a booth will go the way of explaining what a typewriter is. I like the convenience of the mail ballot drop boxes around town but would probably do the booth every couple years with one of the kids. I doubt they allow cocktails in the voting booth. Tomorrow or Wednesday night I'll sit down with a glass of wine and go through the voter info pamphlet and send in the ballot.

Comment

Originally posted by alison
                            Originally posted by spotty_dog
                            Should I take my husband? This is his first election.
                            Oh, congrats to him!! And yes, he should do his citizenly duty and stand in a line for this his first election. (Actually I think vote by mail is a marvelous thing!)
                            Alison

Comment

It took MIL 1 hour to early vote in Houston today! She said GLAAD has valet parking at the voting site. I'd never heard of that before.

We are going to the Kimball this weekend in FW to catch the last weekend of the Chicago impressionist exhibit, then off to the voting polls for me! I'm so excited. Normally I vote on election day, but we'll be out of town that week on residency interviews.
                              Wife to PGY5. Mommy to baby girl born 11/2009. Cat mommy since 2002
                              "“If you don't know where you are going any road can take you there”"

Comment

Working...
                              X