Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Early Voting?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Early Voting?

CA has voting by mail, we are still waiting for DH's ballot though. I can't vote, but I have read the booklet about the various propositions so I can summarize for DH and influence his votes!

Comment

While I would love to avoid the lines on election day, I am waiting until then to cast my vote. My girls are out of school on election day and I want to take them with me. I think it is important that they see me vote and hopefully will look forward to voting themselves one day. My oldest will be voting in the 2016 election!
      Wife to a Urologist. Mom to DD 15, DD 12, DD 2, and DD 1!
      Native Jayhawk, paroled from GA... settling in Minnesota!

Comment

Originally posted by cupcake
        Originally posted by JaneDoe
        We vote by mail here in Oregon. I love it and missed it while living in Pa. Anyway, I hope to mail my ballot by tomorrow.

If I vote tomorrow, shouldn't I be exempt from hearing all of those political ads? I'm sick of them!
        I just got my ballot today. Can we even vote the old way? I wouldn't know where to go!

Tomorrow or Wednesday night I'll sit down with a glass of wine and go through the voter info pamphlet and send in the ballot.
        Nope, not in Oregon. All vote-by-mail.

Be grateful you get that voter info pamphlet, too. No such thing here in Ohio; I had to go scrounging for online info to find out anything more than names of all these education board and judge candidates, and for arguments for and against the measures (thankfully, there are only 5 measures here; looks like you've got a metric ton of them there, as usual!).
        Sandy
        Wife of EM Attending, Web Programmer, mom to one older lady scaredy-cat and one sweet-but-dumb younger boy kitty

Comment

Originally posted by spotty_dog
          Oh, congrats to him!! And yes, he should do his citizenly duty and stand in a line for this his first election. (Actually I think vote by mail is a marvelous thing!)

Oh, oops! I think I wasn't clear. Dh is more FOB than I led you to believe. He's not a citizen yet, and this is his first experience seeing an American election and the campaigning leading up to it.
          married to an anesthesia attending

Comment

Originally posted by oceanchild
            Originally posted by poky
            looks like you've got a metric ton of them there, as usual!
            My brother in Portland reports that he spent upwards of an hour filling out his ballot.
            Yes, thanks to Bill Sizemore and all of his freakin' initiatives. Poky, you're right about the voter's pamphlet. I missed having something like it in Pa, it really helps when voting.
            Wife of Ophthalmologist and Mom to my daughter and two boys.

Comment

Well, it's official, all of the big cities in Texas blew away previous first day voting records. In San Antonio, it nearly doubled! Slightly over 29,000 people voted yesterday.

Jenn

Comment

Thanks, Sandy. I figured mail must be the only or strongly encouraged option because I don't think I've ever seen polls set up at DD's school. We had voter guides in Colorado too. It is helpful and I will be a little more appreciative of mine!

Colorado's Bill Sizemore is Douglas Bruce. We had increasing numbers of ballot issues there (or so it seemed) but not like this. I just realized that I only have 1 of 2 of the Voter Info Guide. I think DH recycled 2 of 2, I'll have to go diving. I can see why he thought they were duplicates of each other. 150 pages of book 1 of a voter guide seems plenty.

Comment

We just have to get our absentee ballots notarized, then we can mail them in. DH isn't available to go to the notary (who is in his DEPARTMENT, for crying out loud--come'on!!) until tomorrow... So, they'll hit the mail Thursday.

Comment

I was actually looking forward to taking my kids with me to show them the process (although they probably won't really "get" it yet ... they're only 2 and 8 mos ... but you can't start 'em too early, right?), but am now getting scared of the talk of long lines and waits. Luckily my voting station is at the end of my block, so we can just walk there and back.
                    ~Jane

-Wife of urology attending.
                    -SAHM to three great kiddos (2 boys, 1 girl!)

Comment

Voted at the mall today w/DH. He's working on the fourth and I worried I wouldn't get through the line w/DD in decent time frame. So that's that, now to wait and see how it goes on the fourth.

Comment

Originally posted by cupcake
                        Thanks, Sandy. I figured mail must be the only or strongly encouraged option because I don't think I've ever seen polls set up at DD's school. We had voter guides in Colorado too. It is helpful and I will be a little more appreciative of mine!

Colorado's Bill Sizemore is Douglas Bruce. We had increasing numbers of ballot issues there (or so it seemed) but not like this. I just realized that I only have 1 of 2 of the Voter Info Guide. I think DH recycled 2 of 2, I'll have to go diving. I can see why he thought they were duplicates of each other. 150 pages of book 1 of a voter guide seems plenty.
                        Holy moly! I think that's more than I ever saw while I was there. Didn't they manage to mostly shut down Tim Eyeman up in Washington? Why can't they do that to Sizemore there? Has Lon Mabon at least mostly shut up?

The voter's guide is available online, too, if you can't find volume two; you can probably also get it at a library.

http://www.sos.state.or.us/elections/no ... books.html
                        Sandy
                        Wife of EM Attending, Web Programmer, mom to one older lady scaredy-cat and one sweet-but-dumb younger boy kitty

Comment

Does anyone know how voting works in PA? In NY we used to get cards that listed our polling station and times it's open. We never got one here and I'm not even sure where to go. I've only heard about early voting in OH, didn't realize other states are doing it too.

Comment

Here you go Julie:

http://www.votespa.com/

Jenn

Comment

I'll be voting with the masses on election day.
                              Who uses a machete to cut through red tape
                              With fingernails that shine like justice
                              And a voice that is dark like tinted glass

Comment

Originally posted by Color_Me_Sulky
                                Voted at the mall today w/DH. He's working on the fourth and I worried I wouldn't get through the line w/DD in decent time frame. So that's that, now to wait and see how it goes on the fourth.
                                Ooooh - and the last time you posted about it you said that Colin Powell's endorsement had swayed you! Here's hoping you punched a ballot (or touched a screen) for Obama!!

Comment

Working...
                                X