Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

iMSN "Names

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by wildfin View Post
    I wish I could claim to be that cool. I'm just an Irish/German mutt
    I LOVE the name Finn though!
    We do too -- our son's name is Finn.

OK, my name: Sam_

My name is Sam, the userid Sam was taken, and I wasn't feeling creative.

I try to treat posting on message boards like talking while at a cocktail party; it's not that I don't say anything inappropriate, but I try to make sure that tomorrow I won't regret anything I said/posted tonight.

Comment

Originally posted by Jane View Post
      I'm Jane b/c my in-laws called me Jane for 4 years into my marriage, even though my name is Jenn. I even got a Christmas card addressed to Jane and DH from them.
      This is hilarious!!! Ahahaha I'm cracking up. My ex's parents used to call me Melissa all the time (not my name)...it was the ex's last girlfriend's name.

Comment

I too am not known for my creativity, so my user name is pretty self explanatory as well. I feel as though I'm constantly being asked the million dollar question of "when is your husband done?" that I figured here my user name would at least provide some insight to our non typical path through medical training.

After the fact I'd wish I had chosen "mudphud wife" since that reminds me of what the md/phd's were called on ER. I wonder if the mods would kill me if I requested a change?
        Charlene~Married to an attending Ophtho Mudphud and Mom to 2 daughters

Comment

Originally posted by mmart36 View Post
          My ex's parents used to call me Melissa all the time (not my name)...it was the ex's last girlfriend's name.
          Niiiice! I hope they were mortified each time they realized their mistake.
          Finally - we are finished with training! Hello real world!!

Comment

Originally posted by medwife517 View Post
            I think my name is self explanatory. I am a med wife and 517 are random numbers.

Not very creative.

I remember the name change craziness that took place here a while back. Can we please Never do that again. I was confused for months... HA who am I kidding. I am still confused.
            Mine is not very creative, and I wondered if people maybe assumed I was going to be forever 36. It is the "unique" username I was given for an email address by my university.

Comment

uhhh...I work at NASA and am not very creative...had I consumed more coffee or Monster, I might have used something like "MeteorFace", or "SpaceFlunkie"....

Comment

Originally posted by MDPhDWife View Post
                I too am not known for my creativity, so my user name is pretty self explanatory as well. I feel as though I'm constantly being asked the million dollar question of "when is your husband done?" that I figured here my user name would at least provide some insight to our non typical path through medical training.

After the fact I'd wish I had chosen "mudphud wife" since that reminds me of what the md/phd's were called on ER. I wonder if the mods would kill me if I requested a change?
                I totally use the term mudphud!!

I did the Vagina Monologues at DH's med school, and a number of the girls in the cast (as well as the director) were mudphuds.
                Back in the Midwest with my PGY-2 ortho DH and putting my fashion degree to good use.

Comment

Originally posted by RocketBoy View Post
                  uhhh...I work at NASA and am not very creative...had I consumed more coffee or Monster, I might have used something like "MeteorFace", or "SpaceFlunkie"....

IF those two where the alternatives - I'd say you did well choosing RocketBoy.

Keep posting - don't let the other thread scare you away - you make me chuckle!!
                  Finally - we are finished with training! Hello real world!!

Comment

Originally posted by RocketBoy View Post
                    haha, awesome. PS love your binary joke.

Back in the Midwest with my PGY-2 ortho DH and putting my fashion degree to good use.

Comment

My name is boringly unrelated to my real name or personality/hobbies/etc. I think I was just sitting there trying to think of a login name and that was the one I settled for. I figure I was probably trying to go for something nonsensical and vaguely amusing.

Comment

Originally posted by NYCHoosier View Post
                        My favorite is Lakshmi (my friends will attest to my determination to find a nice but inexpensive Lakshmi statue in Udaipur!).

From wikipedia:
                        [Lakshmi is] the Hindu goddess of wealth, prosperity, light, wisdom, fortune, fertility, generosity and courage; and the embodiment of beauty, grace and charm.
                        Yeah, I know Lakshmi (my husband is Indian). In fact, I get really annoyed about Padma Lakshmi b/c Padma is actually just one of Lakshmi's nicknames, so she's really Lakshmi Lakshmi.

You're in NYC, right? Forget finding a statue in India, just go to Jersey. They have the highest concentration of Indians in the world, outside of India.

Comment

You're in NYC, right? Forget finding a statue in India, just go to Jersey. They have the highest concentration of Indians in the world, outside of India.
                          I learned that on the show Cake Boss of all places! Lol

Comment

Your screen name stories are all so interesting. Honestly, I can't even remember why I chose mine. Either that or I'm blocking out the first year of med school which is entirely possible.

Comment

Yeah, I know Lakshmi (my husband is Indian). In fact, I get really annoyed about Padma Lakshmi b/c Padma is actually just one of Lakshmi's nicknames, so she's really Lakshmi Lakshmi.

Haha, I avoid going to Jersey at all costs. (sorry Jersey folks!) If not India, then Jackson Heights.

I ended up finding one carved in marble that's about 8" tall for Rs600 or so. I still think I'd like a brass one, though.

I vaguely remember from back in the day a poster with an Indian husband but didn't put two-and-two together that it was you. Did you have a traditional Indian wedding? I'm sorry to be nosy, but I love them! Wish DH was Indian for the wedding (kidding, sort of...)

Comment

Were you on before?

Yes, we had both an American wedding and an Indian wedding, but I was married long before I joined the site, so I may have mentioned it in passing, but it wasn't an "event" or anything.

Comment

Working...
                                X