Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

so, how's your weather?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Snowing, yay!

It's been dreary for a while, but new snow and more coming down always perks me up.
    Sandy
    Wife of EM Attending, Web Programmer, mom to one older lady scaredy-cat and one sweet-but-dumb younger boy kitty

Comment

Originally posted by poky View Post
      Snowing, yay!

It's been dreary for a while, but new snow and more coming down always perks me up.
      That is so true! I don't miss driving in the snow in Cleveland, but it was fun having the white stuff around. It is very gray and dreary in Indiana. No snow.
      Needs

Comment

Raining here just enough to leave a nice layer of ice before the snow comes tomorrow. :eyeroll:
        Finally - we are finished with training! Hello real world!!

Comment

Drowning here in South Texas- 35 roads closed in San Antonio and 12+ more hours of heavy rain expected. Mid-Atlantic- I've got your weekend snow storm here and it's not pretty.

jenn

Comment

Supposed to get 8-12 inches of snow tomorrow.
            Luanne
            wife, mother, nurse practitioner

"You have not converted a man because you have silenced him." (John, Viscount Morely, On Compromise, 1874)

Comment

Early dismissal called for today. We are supposed to get anywhere from a foot to two feet of snow in the next 32 hours. And J gets to spend the night at the hospital tonight so he can be on call tomorrow. I hope I am able to get home from work myself.
              -L.Jane

Wife to a wonderful General Surgeon
              Mom to a sweet but stubborn boy born April 2014
              Rock Chalk Jayhawk GO KU!!!

Comment

Those days were when I always walked or took Metro.

My mother and my bestest friend when I called to ask if they were standing in line to get toilet paper (it's a DC thing- everyone stocks up on TP and milk) they both said they had just left the liquor stores so I guess my people have their priorities in place.

It's going to seriously impact the bars and restaurants hosting Super Bowl parties across the mid-Atlantic.

The rain FINALLY stopped over night.

Jenn

Comment

It's snowing again, and I've heard we're to get 3 to 6 inches AND there is snow in the forecast for the next 7 days.

Ohio peeps? What's the weather like there? I'm supposed to drive to Cleveland w/the kiddos and no dh next Thursday, and I'll be pulling the plug on that if the weather is dicey.

Comment

Looks like we've got about 50% chance of snow for the next three days here; right now it's cold, and there's a dusting of snow, but it's from a few days ago; the streets are totally clear.

According to weather.com (only one I could find with 10-day forecasts), nothing but snow showers and flurries (so nothing serious) between this weekend and next Thursday here.

You gonna visit us out on the east side?
                    Last edited by poky; 02-05-2010, 08:27 AM.
                    Sandy
                    Wife of EM Attending, Web Programmer, mom to one older lady scaredy-cat and one sweet-but-dumb younger boy kitty

Comment

Just started coming down here. Expecting anywhere from 7-13 inches. DH is of course in Florida. They closed schools today in anticipation.

Comment

Originally posted by poky View Post
                        You gonna visit us out on the east side?
                        Probably not, sadly, since the east side is my FAVORITE side. We will truly be there for only a blink, and the reason I'm driving solo is b/c it was that or only have 2 days there w/a 13 hour drive on either end. This way we'll have a whopping 3 days.

I'm only even making contact with 1 of my IRL friends, and we'll try to squeeze in a brunch w/her family on Sunday (and they live in Bay).

Comment

Luckily I think this storm is going to miss us - yay!
                          Wife to NSG out of training, mom to 2, 10 & 8, and a beagle with wings.

Comment

We're supposed to get 4 to 8 inches of snow. Conveniently, we're also hosting my oldest's slumber party tonight with 7 boys. Nothing like getting snowed in with a bunch of wild animals on hand.

Kelly
                            In my dreams I run with the Kenyans.

Comment

Originally posted by DCJenn View Post
                              Those days were when I always walked or took Metro.

My mother and my bestest friend when I called to ask if they were standing in line to get toilet paper (it's a DC thing- everyone stocks up on TP and milk) they both said they had just left the liquor stores so I guess my people have their priorities in place.

It's going to seriously impact the bars and restaurants hosting Super Bowl parties across the mid-Atlantic.

The rain FINALLY stopped over night.

Jenn
                              You forgot about the bread. Milk, toilet paper and bread. They actually showed on the news the grocery stores EMPTY. I mean nothing left on shelves except the chips no one buys.

The snow is coming down now. The drive home wasn't bad because the roads are still warm. But now I am bundled up in the house.. and the electricity just blinked... That is NOT a good sign. If I am stuck in a apt with no tv, no internet and nowhere to go for three days again surviving only through listening to my shower radio, I am going to cry. (Hurricane Charlie in Florida: August 2004)
                              -L.Jane

Wife to a wonderful General Surgeon
                              Mom to a sweet but stubborn boy born April 2014
                              Rock Chalk Jayhawk GO KU!!!

Comment

I'm so sorry for you all getting the storms. I am just sick of winter! Not that I'm ready for spring storms and tornados, either... Just give me fall, all year long!
                                Laurie
                                My team: DH (anesthesiologist), DS (9), DD (8)

Comment

Working...
                                X