Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

so, how's your weather?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You've got to be kidding me. My car is still behind a couple feet of snow and I just heard this on the news: "Does it feel like Groundhog Day? Because up to 20 inches of snow could be headed our way." This winter is BRUTAL.
    -L.Jane

Wife to a wonderful General Surgeon
    Mom to a sweet but stubborn boy born April 2014
    Rock Chalk Jayhawk GO KU!!!

Comment

We just got 27 inches this weekend and are expecting 6 more tommorrow. We have spent most of the weekend digging our cars out of the snow. Atleast we got to keep our power unlike a lot of other Pittsburgh residents.

Comment

I am so glad to have dodged this storm. All I can think of is last winter and being 8 months pregnant, with 16" on the ground with 2 foot drifts and E wasn't home to help dig us out! The snow pile at the end of the drive way was about 6 ft tall and that was after we had shoveled a bunch from the top into the yard. It sucked. God love lake effect snow.

It makes this winter seem like a breeze.
        Kris

Comment

Kris - how much do you guys have? We have at least 6 inches and we're supposed to get at least another six over the next 24 hours. But yes, that is way better then 27 - of course I probably have at least that still on my yard!
          Wife to NSG out of training, mom to 2, 10 & 8, and a beagle with wings.

Comment

I think we only have about 8...supposedly we're going to get 14.

I have to say that it isn't really cold and it looks absolutely beautiful. I just wish we had had school cancellations today. Instead, they had school as usual and then called it early. I basically drove Andrew 25 minutes to school, drove 25 min. back home and then got a message from the school that they were closing and I would need to pick him up. LOL ugh.

Kris
            ~Mom of 5, married to an ID doc
            ~A Rolling Stone Gathers No Moss

Comment

Another storm headed our way tomorrow night. We are supposed to get apprx 18 inches. I can get those really big bottles of wine!!!
              Luanne
              wife, mother, nurse practitioner

"You have not converted a man because you have silenced him." (John, Viscount Morely, On Compromise, 1874)

Comment

Crap, Cassy. I really need to map out my drive and see if this trip is as insane as I think it is.

Comment

Holy Crap! We've only got about 6 inches in the midwest... I cannot even imagine all the snow you guys are getting east of us!

Hang in there and stay warm!

L.Jane have you been able to even get out yet?
                  Loving wife of neurosurgeon

Comment

We're supposed to leave here on Thursday AM and drive to Cleveland. We follow I-70 all the way to Columbus, and then make a left on I-71 up to Cleveland.

The *plan* is to do it all in one day. And I'm the only adult (dh is flying in Friday AM b/c he had a work thing Thursday night he couldn't miss, and I didn't want to wait until Friday to drive b/c the kids are off of school and it's a hell of a long drive for 2 days of visiting.)

Comment

Be careful Jenn - if they're getting the storm that just went through here its a steady constant snow and the roads are a MESS! All the schools are closed today, its been snowing for at least 24 hours.
                      Wife to NSG out of training, mom to 2, 10 & 8, and a beagle with wings.

Comment

I just looked up the forecast for Thursday, and it actually looks pretty good.

http://www.weather.com/outlook/drivi...s&ix=70&dir=we

Sunny all the way to New Castle, and then just 30% or lower chance of precipitation to Columbus. I'd at least be able to make it 1/2 way, and still have a decent amount of time in town on Friday if we do have to stop.

But yes, I've already told everyone that I will pull the plug on this if the weather looks dicey.

Comment

I think Thursday looks good for Cleveland. Right now it's steady but the roads are fine. I'm wondering if we'll even get a snow day tomorrow. It's steady and if the plows keep up with it....they won't cancel anything for this.
                          Angie
                          Gyn-Onc fellowship survivor - 10 years out of the training years; reluctant suburbanite
                          Mom to DS (18) and DD (15) (and many many pets)

"Where are we going - and what am I doing in this handbasket?"

Comment

Originally posted by L.Jane View Post
                            You've got to be kidding me. My car is still behind a couple feet of snow and I just heard this on the news: "Does it feel like Groundhog Day? Because up to 20 inches of snow could be headed our way." This winter is BRUTAL.
                            Have you been able to get out? Did you even go back to school today? Thinking of you!

I am waiting for the snow to start falling here. They just upped the forecast from 8-14 inches to 10-18 inches. We have 25 inches on the ground, and once this storm passes, we will have 3 feet or more on the ground. The last time I saw that much snow in one place was a ski trip to NH!

I have to give props to you folks who deal with this all winter long. It's cool at first to have all this snow, but I'm beginning to dislike the snow intensely.

I got out yesterday to take DF's car to the dealership. Due to being stuck on the off-ramp for 1.5 hours on Saturday, he had a massive amount of ice on the undercarriage and front axle. The car couldn't get above 45mph without shaking like crazy. I'm very glad it was a fixable problem, DF was having a stroke thinking that it was the transmission.

We are all stocked up, so I didn't set foot in the grocery store. There were a massive amount of people in the post office this afternoon, and strangely, the Hallmark store. Guess folks want to make sure they have their Valentines.
                            Event coordinator, wife and therapist to a peds attending

Comment

Scarlett, I am so glad the car thing was an easy fix! That would be scary

I got the car out today! I went out about 10am and starting digging out. The maintenance men came with the snow blower and helped me get down the giant mountain that was blocking in my car and I spent the hour shoveling out the sides. I even got to go to the grocery store! The produce section was pretty bare but I got milk and some basic stuff. They didn't have any garlic.

It started snowing again about an hour ago. J and I are hanging out on the couch watching last night's episode of big bang and enjoying our time together before he is on call again tomorrow.
                              Last edited by L.Jane; 02-09-2010, 06:29 PM.
                              -L.Jane

Wife to a wonderful General Surgeon
                              Mom to a sweet but stubborn boy born April 2014
                              Rock Chalk Jayhawk GO KU!!!

Comment

We got three inches of snow last night and had a snow day. Reports expected it to get a lot worse during the day, but it never did. We could see a couple more inches of snow tonight and high winds.
                                Needs

Comment

Working...
                                X