Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Brazillian Blowout?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brazillian Blowout?

Okay, I know that I have seen this discussed on here before, but I wasn't sure where.
    The groupon for the Indianapolis area today is a Brazillian Blowout for $89. So I'm considering trying it because it seems like such a great deal!
    Has anyone else had one? Does it really give you perfect hair right out of the shower? Do you use the BB maintenance products?
    -Mommy, FM wife, Disney Planner and Hoosier

I'm also interested to hear more about this. I know Jenn has had this done so I hope she chimes in. How long can you go between treatments?
    Cristina
    IM PGY-2

Comment

from what I've read it washes out in about 3 months. If it is really as good as it sounds it would be totally worth it to just jump out of the shower with no twisting, ironing, scrunching etc..
      -Mommy, FM wife, Disney Planner and Hoosier

Comment

I love mine. I paid nearly twice that much with the Groupon I had. Normally, it's about $300 for me. Yipes. I have really thick, curly, unruly, frizzy hair. It doesn't take away my curl completely, but it is so much more manageable and easier to flat iron.
        Heidi, PA-S1 - wife to an orthopaedic surgeon, mom to Ryan, 17, and Alexia, 11.

Comment

I've had it done twice. My hair is not curly, but does tend towards frizzy / slightly wavy if left unattended. The BB doesn't make it so I don't have to do ANYTHING - but I can avoid flat ironing, or, if I do feel like flat ironing as well, it complies really easily and will hold for 2 days (looking a lot more like my stylist flat ironed it than it does when I do it). If I just blow it dry it looks a lot like my normal flat iron job. Mine lasted just shy of 12 weeks, which I attribute in part to having short hair. I think if I had more weight to my hair and didn't get it cut as frequently (thereby lessening the ration of BB'd hair to new hair) it would last longer.

$89 is a great deal - just make sure it's a good salon. I wouldn't go to a Fantastic Sam's kind of place for this.

Comment

Thanks for the info. Does the price depend on the length of hair? I'm afraid it does and it would cost an arm and a leg to get my hair done. I guess it's good to hear that it would also last longer so I might break even there. Darn it, it just might be something I'll have to hold out for until after residency and that seems SO far away right now.
            Cristina
            IM PGY-2

Comment

I think it does. I pay about $130.

Comment

Brazillian Blowout?

Be careful though. There are a lot of keratin treatments that are billed as "Brazilian blowouts" that aren't. I had one from Aveda. It wasn't nearly as good. Also some of them have formaldehyde and other chemicals that are really damaging to your hair as well as carcinogenic.

Check www.brazilianblowout.com to find participating salons.

Also, I have the Brazilian Blowout Shampoo and conditioner that contains some of the product to supposedly get it to last longer. How long yours lasts depends on a variety of factors, but the biggest one is how often you shampoo. I shampoo 2-3 times a week. The less you shampoo, the better.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Where did you find that, Heidi?

Comment

Did it July 3rd and I am still frizz free. I did not buy the products though. I bought them for my mom and she likes them. $89?!!! That's a steal if it is the real Brazilian blowout. I paid $250.
                    Finally - we are finished with training! Hello real world!!

Comment

Originally posted by Shakti View Post
                      Where did you find that, Heidi?
                      Find what?

Comment

The shampoo. What? You can't read my mind?

Comment

Well, you know, only most of the time. I got it at the salon. So expensive, but I am hoping it makes it last longer, you know? They have it on Amazon and eBay though. I have to say, the Amazon prices are about what I paid for my 12 oz bottles (shampoo and conditioner). I think I paid $35 a bottle.

http://www.amazon.com/Brazilian-Blow...3203972&sr=8-6

Comment

I saw them on EBay but was leery - since they were so cheap.
                            Finally - we are finished with training! Hello real world!!

Comment

LOL. I thought we were Talking about à Diff Kind of brazillian hair cut. I read Heidi's post and thought OMG before I got to the flat iron part.

Phew.

Sorry.

kris
                              ~Mom of 5, married to an ID doc
                              ~A Rolling Stone Gathers No Moss

Comment

Working...
                              X