Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Kindle & PDF's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeppers! Go "to my Kindle store", scroll down to top 100 KIndle Sellers, on the right top corner it will have top 100 Free Books. That's where I get most of my books and have found some really great authors that I would never have chosen beforehand. OR you can go to your Amazon Kindle account and search for free books. Enjoy!!
    Finally - we are finished with training! Hello real world!!

Comment

Some libraries will have ebooks for borrowing. You can usually get help from the librarians.
      Mom of 3, Veterinarian

Comment

Ditto to looking for free ones on amazon and "loaned" e-books from your local library system. It's also worth noting that *any* text file or pdf that you send to your kindle email address will magically show up on your kindle. Troll the gutenburg project for free txt versions of lots of classics you've been meaning to read anyway.
        Sandy
        Wife of EM Attending, Web Programmer, mom to one older lady scaredy-cat and one sweet-but-dumb younger boy kitty

Comment

I got a kindle for my birthday from my dad. Do I need a cover for it? Do you use a cover? The covers are so expensive, but I would want to carry the kindle in my purse and use it at the swimming pool and what not, so I think a cover might be a good idea...

Any thoughts?
          Peggy

Aloha from paradise! And the other side of training!

Comment

I bought a kindle for mine for the same uses as yours I didn't want it to be scratched.
            Wife to NSG out of training, mom to 2, 10 & 8, and a beagle with wings.

Comment

Originally posted by poky View Post
              Ditto to looking for free ones on amazon and "loaned" e-books from your local library system. It's also worth noting that *any* text file or pdf that you send to your kindle email address will magically show up on your kindle. Troll the gutenburg project for free txt versions of lots of classics you've been meaning to read anyway.
              Wow. Thanks for that!
              ~Mom of 5, married to an ID doc
              ~A Rolling Stone Gathers No Moss

Comment

There are a ton of free books. You can also use Google's book section to find freebies. As for a cover, I really like having one for my Nook. Makes it easy to slip into my purse and not worry about scratching it.

Comment

My nook does not go naked. And I love PG, I've got tons of free books that I am reading (mostly "classics" that I figured I'd read later).
                  Wife to PGY4 & Mother of 3.

Comment

DH preloaded my Nook before he gave it to me with some great books and I know he didn't pay for them. I'll ask him where he found them. He had a Diana Gabaldon and I think 3 Stieg Larsson books.

Comment

Originally posted by diggitydot View Post
                      DH preloaded my Nook before he gave it to me with some great books and I know he didn't pay for them. I'll ask him where he found them. He had a Diana Gabaldon and I think 3 Stieg Larsson books.
                      If it was the first outlander book, it was free from amazon and b+n in electronic version when I read it a while back; I haven't actually looked, but I'm sure you can make amazon cough up a list of free kindle version books, and I wouldn't be surprised if B+N had most of the same books free as well for the nook.

A ha - a "free kindle books" page, just as I suspected: http://www.amazon.com/b/ref=amb_link...d_i=1286228011
                      Sandy
                      Wife of EM Attending, Web Programmer, mom to one older lady scaredy-cat and one sweet-but-dumb younger boy kitty

Comment

It was the newest DG book, "Echo in the Bone".

Comment

After you read Echo in the Bone, you can find my thread on it and we can dish!
                          Mom of 3, Veterinarian

Comment

Oh, I've already read it, but DH knows that I like Gabaldon and that's the first one he found.

Comment

Originally posted by Michele View Post
                              After you read Echo in the Bone, you can find my thread on it and we can dish!
                              Where is your thread on it? Search wouldn't pop it up for me. I have a few things to say...
                              Wife to PGY4 & Mother of 3.

Comment

So I just sold DH's gigantic Kindle DX (since he upgraded to the iPad). So should I get the new small Kindle or the Nook? The Nook is lighted right? Can you still read the Nook ok in natural sunlight or is there a glare?

Comment

Working...
                                X