Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

OMG you're gonna be a doctor?!?!?!??!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lol. Omg. My monthly book club is with ob-gyns. Seriously, they sometimes horrify me. 2 of them have seen me naked lol and my neighbor (who is also in the group and who is a gyn) actually dropped her trousers to show me her suprapubic catheter.

Me:uh. You know I'm not a doctor, right?
    Her: yah. I guess that's kind of awkward.
    Me: Well, at least we know each other really, really well now.

Kris
    ~Mom of 5, married to an ID doc
    ~A Rolling Stone Gathers No Moss

Comment

Originally posted by PrincessFiona View Post
      Lol. Omg. My monthly book club is with ob-gyns. Seriously, they sometimes horrify me. 2 of them have seen me naked lol and my neighbor (who is also in the group and who is a gyn) actually dropped her trousers to show me her suprapubic catheter.

Me:uh. You know I'm not a doctor, right?
      Her: yah. I guess that's kind of awkward.
      Me: Well, at least we know each other really, really well now.

Kris
      Bwaaahaaahaaaa!

That totally beats DH adjusting people at my sister's annual drunk fest/Christmas party.

Comment

Originally posted by alison View Post
        Most people we've encountered think that anesthesiologists are some kind of technician. Being a physician doesn't give you a leg up on anyone here. Three of the four owners in our row of townhouses are doctors. The one I Ooh and Aah at is the Alaska pilot next door. He travels everywhere and has so many interesting things to talk about!
        This is our situation too. Either everyone we meet is a doctor or people have no clue what radiology really is and just assume he is a tech from those " get your degree in 18 months online ".
        Danielle
        Wife of a sexy Radiologist and mom to TWO adorable little boys!

Comment

Women seemed to be concerned for me bec. my husband stares at vaginas all day.

Comment

Yeah, he isn't seeing the healthy ones...

Comment

Mine spends his days cupping guys' balls and putting his finger up their butts.

Huh. This thread has taken a decidedly odd turn ...
              ~Jane

-Wife of urology attending.
              -SAHM to three great kiddos (2 boys, 1 girl!)

Comment

Originally posted by Chrisada View Post
                Hahahahaha! Mine is an FP but he does A LOT of women's health. He came home one day and started telling me about how he'd examined his first pair of breasts with silicone implants and how they really did feel more natural than the saline implants, etc etc etc. About halfway into the conversation, it dawned on me that this was a really weird convo to be having with my husband, but it really doesn't bother me at all, LOLLOL.

Comment

I'm fairly certain that ALL of our conversations are really weird. Comes with the territory. Don't even get me started on some of the ones from med school when he was taking physiology. Weird tropical tribes with funky parasites = really freaky discussions.

Comment

OMG Jane! That has got to be the funniest thing you've ever said!
                    married to an anesthesia attending

Comment

Originally posted by DCJenn View Post
                      I can't imagine getting a hooha exam during a dinner party...

J.
                      That would be one hell of a party...
                      Wife of an OB/Gyn, mom to three boys, middle school choir teacher.

"I don't know when Dad will be home."

Comment

Originally posted by Chrisada View Post

Heehee, this is so true!!!
                        Tara
                        Married 20 years to MD/PhD in year 3 of MFM fellowship. SAHM to five wonderful children (#6 due in August), a sweet GSD named Bella, a black lab named Toby, and 1 guinea pig.

Comment

There aren't enough pediatric practices in our county to keep up with all the kids around here. When people find out DH is a pediatrician they immediately want to know if he's opening a practice soon. I now say he's in pediatric genetic disorders. Apparently that sounds like it makes a lot of money. Then I point to my '97 CR-V with almost 190K miles and tell them that's our "newer" car. LMAO!
                          Veronica
                          Mother of two ballerinas and one wild boy

Comment

Haha I'm just catching up on this thread, and you guys are cracking me up! We haven't had the "groupie" problem, but a friend asked if he could do her next epidural (before he'd had any OB rotations). He politely declined.
                            Laurie
                            My team: DH (anesthesiologist), DS (9), DD (8)

Comment

Originally posted by Tenacious_D View Post
                              This is our situation too. Either everyone we meet is a doctor or people have no clue what radiology really is and just assume he is a tech from those " get your degree in 18 months online ".

this is so true!!!
                              Brandi
                              Wife to PGY3 Rads also proud mother of three spoiled dogs!! Some days it is hectic, but I wouldn't trade this for anything.

Comment

I've had to deal with this a bit -- it's a pain. Depending on the person (and how much I like/respect them (or don't)), I either smile and nod (and roll my eyes in my head) or look at them with big wide eyes and say "He's like a GOD isn't he??"

Luckily my fiance is pretty good-natured and modest (and used to my sarcastic ways).

Comment

Working...
                                X