Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Royal Wedding Dress

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Royal Wedding Dress

http://www.usatoday.com/life/people/...s_N.htm?csp=hf

So what did you think?

My take--Eh. If that is the future of bridal design, I'm glad I'm already married. Not bad, not amazing.

I'm glad the whole world wasn't judging my dress, though!
    Married to a newly minted Pediatric Rad, momma to a sweet girl and a bunch of (mostly) cute boy monsters.

Boring but a good choice considering it will be part of history and photos will still be looked at a bajillion years from now, etc. I think it will age well.
    Married to a hematopathologist seven years out of training.
    Raising three girls, 11, 9, and 2.

“That was the thing about the world: it wasn't that things were harder than you thought they were going to be, it was that they were hard in ways that you didn't expect.”
    Lev Grossman, The Magician King

Comment

I thought it was beautiful.

Jenn

Comment

Thumbs down. So boring and far too safe, like the article states. I'd wear Grace Kelly's dress any day over this one. I'd have to lose a bazillion pounds first, but that's another story.
        married to an anesthesia attending

Comment

I thought it was beautiful but it didn't exactly wow me. I thought it was appropriate.

Comment

I thought it was elegant, classy, and simply beautiful. So many of the wedding dressing now are just beyond tacky IMHO, all about showing way to much boob or the ones that are basically see through along the torso. Kate showed her style and class with this choice.
            Tara
            Married 20 years to MD/PhD in year 3 of MFM fellowship. SAHM to five wonderful children (#6 due in August), a sweet GSD named Bella, a black lab named Toby, and 1 guinea pig.

Comment

I thought it was stunning. It was elegant, classy, and appropriate for the setting.
              I'm just trying to make it out alive!

Comment

Originally posted by Pollyanna View Post
                I thought it was elegant, classy, and simply beautiful. So many of the wedding dressing now are just beyond tacky IMHO, all about showing way to much boob or the ones that are basically see through along the torso. Kate showed her style and class with this choice.
                I completely agree with this, most of today's wedding dresses are outrageously sexy considering what a wedding symbolizes and celebrates (or at least should be.) Who wants to look like they're clubbing while walking down the aisle??? I just wasn't floored by her dress, I thought it was beautifully understated,

Comment

Absolutely stunning. She looked lovely, classy, and truly a princess. My 2 year old looked as she walked down the aisle and said "look mama,the princess!".

Comment

Originally posted by LilySayWhat
                    All in all I think that she looked lovely, and my only wish is that someone had hooked a brother up with some hairplugs and orthodontia before trotting him out.
                    For reals....

Comment

Hahaha, Lily!!!

Comment

Originally posted by LilySayWhat
                        All in all I think that she looked lovely, and my only wish is that someone had hooked a brother up with some hairplugs and orthodontia before trotting him out.
                        Seriously! You're the freaking Prince! Get braces and get those chompers whitened!
                        I'm just trying to make it out alive!

Comment

I liked it.

Ummm. Europeans aren't vain and they don't waste money on hair plugs, braces and boob jobs. I love watching British/German shows because the actors/actresses are actually normal looking.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                          ~Mom of 5, married to an ID doc
                          ~A Rolling Stone Gathers No Moss

Comment

I thought it was beautiful. The lace and needlework must have looked so impressive in person. It was a little hard to see on TV.
                            Wife to a urologist; Mom to 2 wonderful kiddos

Comment

I'm surprised most of you have liked it thus far!
                              I'm not saying that she should have shown more cleavage or have been less conservative. I just didn't think the dress had any sort of wow-factor.

Comment

Working...
                              X