Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

How tall are you?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yep, what MrsK said. Some nurses or medical assistants really push down on my head when measuring me. I'm 5'2" on a good day in the morning.
    Cristina
    IM PGY-2

Comment

5'6". I've never really had strong feelings about wanting to be taller or shorter - so I guess that means I'm pretty average. One set of cousins are all between 6'1" and 5'10" (all girls). Their dad is 6'7"
      Jen
      Wife of a PGY-4 orthopod, momma to 2 DDs, caretaker of a retired race-dog, Hawkeye!

Comment

I'm 5'9". I've never realled loved my height. I always just feel big. I hate wearing heels. Ballroom dancing was always harder for me.
        Heidi, PA-S1 - wife to an orthopaedic surgeon, mom to Ryan, 17, and Alexia, 11.

Comment

Wow! You ladies are statuesque!

I'm 5'1'' with a generous measurement, really probably 5'0.5''.

DH is almost 6'8'' and his friends are 6'3''-6'7'' (college football). ALL his friends GFs/SOs are 5'10''+, I seriously get a neckache/backache just from going to a bar or social event with them cause I just look up the entire time. Heels don't even help. Even with 4 inch heels, DH is still 16 inches taller.
          Married to a Urology Attending! (that is an understated exclamation point)
          Mama to C (Jan 2012), D (Nov 2013), and R (April 2016). Consulting and homeschooling are my day jobs.

Comment

Boring 5'4"

Comment

5'7. DH is 6'2. I have three sisters and a brother, and all of them are taller than me but one. My 16 y.o. is 6'5, my 13 y.o. is 5'4, and my *9* y.o. is 5'3. I like being as tall as I am. I am just about always taller than my middle school students, which in my book is a good thing. I have never hesitated to wear heels for height reasons, but I hardly ever wore them when my boys were little because of needing to move fast to keep up with them and chase them if necessary! Now that they are older, I have a hard time going back to heels because of comfort reasons!
              Wife of an OB/Gyn, mom to three boys, middle school choir teacher.

"I don't know when Dad will be home."

Comment

5'6 1/2. Most people think I'm taller because I live in heels.

Comment

5' and 3/4ths on a good day. Yes, I am rather short and definitely get the short jokes for it. I guess a couple extra inches would be nice, but really if I had the chance to change anything I would make my feet bigger. I'm pretty much a size four and I would LOVE to be at least a 6 so I could find some darn shoes. But thats a total tangent.
                  -L.Jane

Wife to a wonderful General Surgeon
                  Mom to a sweet but stubborn boy born April 2014
                  Rock Chalk Jayhawk GO KU!!!

Comment

5'9. I never really likes my height because I always felt big. DH says he is 5'11 which may be a little exaggeration. I don't do heels.
                    Needs

Comment

5'10" and from a family that prides itself on being tall. My mom and her sister were both taller than me at their peak and Grandma was the same as me. They guys are taller. My husband is 6'2" but is the exception in his average-height family. People think my girls get their height from their dad, but really it's from my side of the family!

I did suck being taller than the boys for a while, but I had plenty of other attributes to scare them off anyway, believe me. I'm glad no one ever suggested I stay away from heels, and playing sports where height was an asset helped in those years, too.

There are certainly taller women out there, but few enough that I usually notice right away if I'm in the same room with one!

ETA: crossposted w/ 2.
                      Married to a hematopathologist seven years out of training.
                      Raising three girls, 11, 9, and 2.

“That was the thing about the world: it wasn't that things were harder than you thought they were going to be, it was that they were hard in ways that you didn't expect.”
                      Lev Grossman, The Magician King

Comment

5' 1.5", I hated being short as a kid, but then I started liking being little. I do tend to wear heels a lot though.
                        Wife to a Urologist. Mom to DD 15, DD 12, DD 2, and DD 1!
                        Native Jayhawk, paroled from GA... settling in Minnesota!

Comment

5'4 1/2... Never been too bothered either way...

Comment

I'm about 5'6" and have always found that thoroughly unobjectionable. I'm the shortest person in my immediate family.
                            Julia - legislative process lover and general government nerd, married to a PICU & Medical Ethics attending, raising a toddler son and expecting a baby daughter Oct '16.

Comment

5'6"
                              PGY4 Nephrology Fellow

Out beyond ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing there is a field. I'll meet you there.

~ Rumi

Comment

Maybe on a good day. 5 even
                                Brandi
                                Wife to PGY3 Rads also proud mother of three spoiled dogs!! Some days it is hectic, but I wouldn't trade this for anything.

Comment

Working...
                                X