Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

For Fun: I bet I'm the only...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I bet I'm the only med spouse who...

...has competed in their state Miss USA pageant.
    ...was fed straight cream as an infant to help me "bulk up".
    ...loves white rice with soy sauce and cinnamon.
    ...has never tried a cigar, cigarette, or other tobacco product.
    ...has had a non-family roommate for 2 of my 3.5 years of marriage.
    Jen
    Wife of a PGY-4 orthopod, momma to 2 DDs, caretaker of a retired race-dog, Hawkeye!

Comment

...has never tried a cigar, cigarette, or other tobacco product.
      Eyew, me either. Nor marijuana, though I've hung out with plenty of folks who were toking up.

I bet I'm the only medspouse who has two poisonous newts living in an aquarium on the kitchen counter. Mmm, tetrodotoxin.
      Alison

Comment

Originally posted by spotty_dog View Post
        Eyew, me either. Nor marijuana
        same here - I actually think I have a marijuana contact allergy. If I'm around it at a concert, etc, I break out in hives!
        Jen
        Wife of a PGY-4 orthopod, momma to 2 DDs, caretaker of a retired race-dog, Hawkeye!

Comment

...with a 1200 lb 50-year-old printing press in the living room
          ...who coached two rowing teams during the same season
          ...who has chugged 24oz of habanero sauce
          ...who has been on the front page of the New York Times
          - Eric: Husband to PGY3 Neuro

Comment

Originally posted by reciprocity View Post
            Holy awesomeness!
            Jen

Comment

OK, you have to tell the story of how you ended up on the FP of the Gray Lady.

Comment

it's sort of tragic, but I was in a big accident here in Chicago and I gave an interview and then the next day voilà!
                - Eric: Husband to PGY3 Neuro

Comment

Holy crap.

Comment

Originally posted by oceanchild View Post
                    We did not wait 4 years to kiss, but DH is the only person I really dated. (And the reverse is true for him, too.)

I bet I'm the only medspouse who...

...can name every member of my state senate.
                    You may be the only person on the PLANET who can do this.

Comment

I bet I'm the only one...

- who showed sheep in 4-H. (probably not the only one in 4-H)
                      - made my junior prom dress. (No wait, it was sophomore year)

These are fun, great idea!
                      Wife to NSG out of training, mom to 2, 10 & 8, and a beagle with wings.

Comment

I've never mowed a lawn and don't plan to.

Originally posted by reciprocity View Post
                        Eric - My DH bows to you and challenges you to a spicy chugging contest if you ever meet. That sounds like something he would do!

I love these guys, keep them coming!
                        Married to a Urology Attending! (that is an understated exclamation point)
                        Mama to C (Jan 2012), D (Nov 2013), and R (April 2016). Consulting and homeschooling are my day jobs.

Comment

GreyhoundsRUS - chalk me up as another person who has never smoked anything!

Lots of awesome stories and tidbits on this thread, love it!

Let's see:
                          ...who met her DH through the best friend of her HS boyfriend (and had that "best friend" as the best man at their wedding)
                          ...who can name all of the counties in her home and current state
                          ...when she shares what her Master's degree is in, she either gets a blank stare or "oh so you want to be a principal?" :facepalm:
                          ...whose DH was born on what would have been her due date (same calendar year)
                          Event coordinator, wife and therapist to a peds attending

Comment

I've never mowed the lawn either.
                            Veronica
                            Mother of two ballerinas and one wild boy

Comment

Scarlett09 - what are you getting your Masters in?
                              -Deb
                              Wife to EP, just trying to keep up with my FOUR busy kids!

Comment

Never smoked either, but I've dipped.
                                Only mowed a lawn once (when on a service trip in high school).

....went to law school because I was afraid to enter the real world after college
                                ....has a graduate degree but currently watches children at least once a week
                                ....has had their parent (wrongly) indicted.... twice.... and was able to work on their cases
                                ....is incredibly uncoordinated yet played a division I sport in college
                                ....has no children but owns a car seat, pack n play and stroller
                                ....became an Aunt at age 12
                                ....enjoys eating cool whip with pretzles or saltine crackers
                                Loving wife of neurosurgeon

Comment

Working...
                                X