Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

For Fun: I bet I'm the only...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Here's my weird number stuff:
    My grandmother, mother, and I all got married in November and had our first child the following December. My mother and DS1 were both born on Christmas and both of my sons were born on the 25th.

Comment

I've never mowed a lawn and never will, I've never had a manicure or a pedicure, and I thought it was common to eat ketchup on eggs but I don't do it-- my kids all do. I put syrup on my eggs.

I bet I'm the only medspouse to..

tell my Dh that he could ONLY do a fellowship if he found one for 2 years instead of 1 year.
      have gone 10 months at a time without a haircut or trim during the medical school years (for lack of time, interest, and a babysitter)
      never have applied for or worked at a Real Job (not even McDonalds, retail, nothing). My only "Job" was as a lab assistant for my college prof- but there was no application and no real hours.
      have hosted a Spanish exchange student in my home for 4 weeks during which time she racked up $900 of long distance phone charges.
      Peggy

Aloha from paradise! And the other side of training!

Comment

Sorry, Peggy, I've gone well over a year and maybe two without a haircut or color more than once!
        Heidi, PA-S1 - wife to an orthopaedic surgeon, mom to Ryan, 17, and Alexia, 11.

Comment

Hmm...how about

...has never had her ears pierced
          Married to a newly minted Pediatric Rad, momma to a sweet girl and a bunch of (mostly) cute boy monsters.

Comment

Originally posted by Lamorna View Post
            I was a hardcore raver too!
            And I was kind of embarrassed to post about the manicure so I'm glad I'm not the only one
            Hee hee. Sounds like we have a lot in common I get funny looks when others find out I've never had a manicure.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk
            Wife to Hand Surgeon just out of training, mom to two lovely kittys and little boy, O, born in Sept 08.

Comment

How about...

I'm the only med spouse...

...that was a competitive collegiate sailor
              ...to climb Kilimanjaro
              Married to a Urology Attending! (that is an understated exclamation point)
              Mama to C (Jan 2012), D (Nov 2013), and R (April 2016). Consulting and homeschooling are my day jobs.

Comment

double post
                PGY4 Nephrology Fellow

Out beyond ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing there is a field. I'll meet you there.

~ Rumi

Comment

I've pierced my tongue three times. First time I was 17 and my parents made me take it out, second time I was "of age" and it was slanted and got infected so I took it out to heal, and the third time it was fine but I eventually got over it. I still have my belly ring though I'm contemplating taking it out. I've also been married in a foreign country, Egypt, with two witness in the civil ceremony and then several years later had the religious wedding ceremony with friends and family also in Egypt. I've had ketchup on eggs. I attempted to mow the lawn once when I was young and realized it was too hard for me with all the hills so I let my brother finish it. I also was a raver in the 90's and had a job as a rave promoter.

I bet I'm the only med spouse who
                  ...has spent time with the former Prime Minister of Norway, and former Director General of the World Health Organization, and the Director of the Washington office at UNAIDS.
                  ...likes to snap my fingers when they're wet because they make a louder sound.
                  ...had their house struck by lightening as a child.
                  Last edited by Cinderella; 07-28-2011, 03:21 PM.
                  PGY4 Nephrology Fellow

Out beyond ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing there is a field. I'll meet you there.

~ Rumi

Comment

I thought of another one. My three girls have their birthdays on September 22, 24 and 27th.
                    Needs

Comment

My dh and I were born 2 days apart, same year. Pretty sure we were both conceived on our father's birthdays.
                      Heidi, PA-S1 - wife to an orthopaedic surgeon, mom to Ryan, 17, and Alexia, 11.

Comment

Did the raves thing, body peircings, ketchup on eggs.

Stuff I bet I'm the only person here who has...

...set choke on a logging operation. Those guys on Ax Men? I've done some of those jobs and a friend of mine from high school is related to some of the dudes on that show.

...been the prosecutor's star witness that put a family member in prison for several years.

...tied her own pearl strands (necklaces and bracelets). My DH's ex-step-mom had a jewelry business and needs someone to tie pearls.

...has never been officially proposed to or had a wedding ring of my own. We were married with family heirlooms (mainly because we were ridiculously poor) and it was a mutually agreed upon discussion where we decided to get married. And I still tease DH about it.

...can trace my ancestry to multiple Mayflower families.

...have a couple cousins who were famous singers. Jimmie Rodgers being the most famous.

...did a radio station internship in high school. Those of you in PDX probably know 94.7 KNRK as an alternative music station, but it used to also have an AM easy-listening/talk station in my hometown across the river.

...gets car sick REALLY easy, but has never been sick on a boat or ship in either a river or the ocean. Even when crossing the bar on the Columbia River. As a matter of fact, the bigger the swells, the better.

...has so many adoptions in the family that any genealogy project requires some PI skills. And I'm snoopy as hell
                        Last edited by diggitydot; 07-28-2011, 04:23 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by LilySayWhat
                          - have yet to be stumped when asked to provide a pop culture reference (quote, movie, song, you name it - it's in my head)
                          - was topless on a jumbotron at a concert (sorry Mom)
                          - woke up in a hotel room and had to read the phone to figure out where I was (sorry Mom)
                          - played grab-ass with River Phoenix
                          You are so much cooler than me.
                          Married to a Urology Attending! (that is an understated exclamation point)
                          Mama to C (Jan 2012), D (Nov 2013), and R (April 2016). Consulting and homeschooling are my day jobs.

Comment

Originally posted by niener View Post
                            ... was asked to show some I.D. at a PG-13 movie... when I was 24
                            Yeah I've had this problem too. Just last year (when I was 28) I got IDed to pick up my fiance's little sister because the guide didn't believe I was over 18. I get double looks all the time when I show my ID to get into bars.

I also have my masters and I am a full time nanny.
                            -L.Jane

Wife to a wonderful General Surgeon
                            Mom to a sweet but stubborn boy born April 2014
                            Rock Chalk Jayhawk GO KU!!!

Comment

I've also had my house struck by lightening. And I also think that Lilly is way cooler than I am.
                              Wife and #1 Fan of Attending Adult & Geriatric Psychiatrist.

Comment

I bet I've been in more correctional facilities than anybody here.

(Touring. Touring.)
                                Julia - legislative process lover and general government nerd, married to a PICU & Medical Ethics attending, raising a toddler son and expecting a baby daughter Oct '16.

Comment

Working...
                                X