Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

For Fun: I bet I'm the only...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Actually to add to that, I'm probably one of the few people with a doctorate but NOT an undergraduate degree.
    Mom of 3, Veterinarian

Comment

I can now add that I bet I'm the only one who's homeless! (Homeless as in couch hopping until I find a new job, not in on the street, begging for change)
      I'm just trying to make it out alive!

Comment

Originally posted by scarlett09 View Post
        ...who can name all of the counties in her home and current state
        I can do this for my home state. My elementary school music teacher wrote a rap for it (ha!). Colorado's harder (64 counties!), but I *might* be able to.

I have also never tried any tobacco products.

Originally posted by GrayMatterWife View Post
        You may be the only person on the PLANET who can do this.
        Doubt it. I may be in a narrow field, but I'm definitely not the only one in it. Now if only I could pin down the house of representatives.
        Julia - legislative process lover and general government nerd, married to a PICU & Medical Ethics attending, raising a toddler son and expecting a baby daughter Oct '16.

Comment

Originally posted by TulipsAndSunscreen View Post
          Eric - My DH bows to you and challenges you to a spicy chugging contest if you ever meet. That sounds like something he would do!
          fortunately for my digestive tract, those days are long behind me - that stunt actually pretty much ruined my taste for super-spicy foods

the things we do for "all the money in the tip jar"
          - Eric: Husband to PGY3 Neuro

Comment

Originally posted by MarissaNicole View Post
            ....went to law school because I was afraid to enter the real world after college
            I suppose "didn't have anything better to do after college" isn't exaaaactly the same thing, but it's pretty close
            - Eric: Husband to PGY3 Neuro

Comment

I marked each trimester of my first pregnancy by moving to a different home and moved a total of 4 times during that pregnancy.

I've celebrated Thanksgiving in a mental hospital (and will likely do so again this year).

So far, we've had a new baby for each year of rersidency earning my DH a "most reproductive resident" award. There are 2 more years of residency. We've been told that we can take a year off provided that we have twins next time.

My sons were both born on the 16th. My DH and my brother's wife have the same birthdate (same year too). My brothers and I were born on the 18th, 19th, and 20th.

I celebrate my 30th birthday every year so I've been 29 for 7 years. My grandma was "Sweet 16" until she turned 90.

I'm decended from Jewish cowboys.

I drive into the garage door/shut the garage door on my car every time I get pregnant. I've also locked my keys in the running car twice in a 12 hour period. And I drove into a post twice during the weekend that my brother got married. And I totalled my first car within a month of purchasing it. When I met DrK, I told him that the taxpayers should get a chauffer for me to address a public hazard.

I was 28 when I finally got my ears pierced.

I've closed multi-million dollar transactions that involved psychics.

I lost a home in Hurricane Andrew.
              Wife and #1 Fan of Attending Adult & Geriatric Psychiatrist.

Comment

Originally posted by Michele View Post
                Actually to add to that, I'm probably one of the few people with a doctorate but NOT an undergraduate degree.
                You can do that? (well obviously you can...but explain!)
                Married to a Urology Attending! (that is an understated exclamation point)
                Mama to C (Jan 2012), D (Nov 2013), and R (April 2016). Consulting and homeschooling are my day jobs.

Comment

PharmD's are the same way - pharmacy no longer has an undergrad degree (there might be a few random schools out there that still do a BS), you go straight to a PharmD.
                  Wife to NSG out of training, mom to 2, 10 & 8, and a beagle with wings.

Comment

I bet I'm the only dawkter's wife
                    ...who has never had a manicure
                    ..who met her spouse in a backpacker's hostel
                    ...who has lived and worked in 4 countries (5 if a 6 month stint counts)
                    ..was a hydrogeologist before becoming a sahm

Comment

This is fun! I've never had a manicure either. I like the hot cocco powder and I've had a lip ring, belly ring & tounge ring, though none now.

Hummm. I'm the only med spouse who:
                      -Has a large colorful octopus tattooed on her shoulder
                      -Went on a mission in ms with nuns when I was 16
                      - was a die hard raver in the mid 90's.
                      -who worked for a lab in high school & spent most of the time hoeing corn fields. Blech!
                      Wife to Hand Surgeon just out of training, mom to two lovely kittys and little boy, O, born in Sept 08.

Comment

This is tough! I think I've led a kind of boring life...

I bet I'm the only med spouse who:
                        - Doesn't get brain freeze
                        - Plays MMORPGs
                        - Moved away from home at 16 to go to nerd school (math and science high school)
                        - Eats ketchup on scrambled eggs

Originally posted by MrsK
                        My brothers and I were born on the 18th, 19th, and 20th.
                        My family is kind of similar! My birthday is July 12, my dad's is July 13, and my mom's is July 14. My sister's is May 19, and my husband's is May 20.

Also add me to the list of never smoked anything or used tobacco.
                        Laurie
                        My team: DH (anesthesiologist), DS (9), DD (8)

Comment

Originally posted by ides View Post
                          This is fun! I've never had a manicure either. I like the hot cocco powder and I've had a lip ring, belly ring & tounge ring, though none now.

Hummm. I'm the only med spouse who:
                          -Has a large colorful octopus tattooed on her shoulder
                          -Went on a mission in ms with nuns when I was 16
                          - was a die hard raver in the mid 90's.
                          -who worked for a lab in high school & spent most of the time hoeing corn fields. Blech!
                          I was a hardcore raver too!
                          And I was kind of embarrassed to post about the manicure so I'm glad I'm not the only one

Comment

Originally posted by Lamorna View Post
                            And I was kind of embarrassed to post about the manicure so I'm glad I'm not the only one
                            I've had two pedicures, but no manicures.
                            Laurie
                            My team: DH (anesthesiologist), DS (9), DD (8)

Comment

Originally posted by ladymoreta View Post
                              I bet I'm the only med spouse who:
                              - Eats ketchup on scrambled eggs
                              I love ketchup on eggs!!! I prefer salsa, but ketchup works too.
                              I'm just trying to make it out alive!

Comment

I was accepted to vet school after completing all of the pre-reqs. I also found out before the semester was over and blew off the rest of the semester. I *almost* failed micro bc of it and had to bust ass on the final to pass and keep my admissions.

My kids' birthdays fall on the same day of the week each year...this year it will be a Monday....yep all three. If we have a fourth, I'm scheduling a c-section to keep the trend.
                                Mom of 3, Veterinarian

Comment

Working...
                                X