Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Missing kc girl

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I truly hope they find the baby was taken by a well-meaning, but misguided family member who thought they were keeping her safe.

...mom telegraphs guilt...
    This makes WAY more sense now after her Today Show interview. She admitted to both being drunk AND not having seen the child since 6:30pm, instead of the 10p time she stated earlier. FWIW, her body language read as being truthful during the TS interview.

As for the disengaged vibe I initially got from the dad, I think that might be his general personality. Every single interview is the same so I don't think it's an affectation, just his basic existence.
    Last edited by diggitydot; 10-17-2011, 05:46 AM.

Comment

I came here to mention the lie about the time she put the baby to bed, but I see you already edited your post. On the news this morning, they said she hadn't had enough to drink to be drunk, but she apparently admitted to being drunk on the Today Show.

There are too many lies here for them to be all coincidences. Something's not kosher about their story. She was probably too drunk to hear the baby cry, so that answers my earlier question. Did she have other people in the house drinking and partying with her? Did one of them take the baby?

I think they're supposed to make a statement this afternoon. I'm really curious if they confess to any more lies.
      Cristina
      IM PGY-2

Comment

This makes me want to throw up. Now I'm imagining she was drunk, droppped the baby or somehow hurt/killed her.
        Luanne
        wife, mother, nurse practitioner

"You have not converted a man because you have silenced him." (John, Viscount Morely, On Compromise, 1874)

Comment

Well, I'll be darned! They got a hotshot lawyer from New York. This guy worked with Joran van der Sloot and Michael Jackson. However much money they're paying him, he seems to be worth it. Very smooth and on the ball (and even a bit too slick?) with the questions he answered. I wish I could say the same about the media, but sadly there were several questions they failed to ask.
          Cristina
          IM PGY-2

Comment

I wonder if they're paying for this attorney? Someone is also paying for their high dollar private investigator. Interesting.

I'm not excusing what the mother did with the drinking but I still don't think she hurt her daughter. I wonder if someone took advantage of her situation to abduct the child. I don't know, still very sad.
            Wife to NSG out of training, mom to 2, 10 & 8, and a beagle with wings.

Comment

I don't get the "I hurt my kid" vibe from her, either. What I got from her before was deception and guilt, but her interview on the TS was 100% sans deception. I'm still seeing the guilt, but not the deception, which leads me to believe her more.

I'm glad the mom is now being more forthcoming. Maybe they can get some new leads with the updated and more accurate timeline.

Comment

The thing I don't understand is why did she lie in the first place, or at least come to her senses much sooner than this? If she is 100% innocent and has no clue what happened to that poor baby, the correct timeline would have been crucial information in the first hours/days after she went missing. Especially if she went to the store and left her home alone?

I know that getting drunk and not checking on a sick baby all evening isn't a crime but it makes me so sad

Comment

The thing I don't understand is why did she lie in the first place, or at least come to her senses much sooner than this?
                  My guess; fear. Her boyfriend may not have known she was drinking with friends while he was at work and she was afraid of his reaction after the baby went missing.

Comment

She claims she knew it would look bad, and she didn't want the police focusing on this instead of looking for the baby.
                    Cristina
                    IM PGY-2

Comment

Did you hear that a cadavor dog had a positive hit for a dead body? I guess that's how they got a recent search warrant. I really hope that baby is still alive.
                      Loving wife of neurosurgeon

Comment

I read that. I really think the baby died somehow, most likely accidentally, and the mom is hiding it. I hope she's still alive, but it's not looking good right now.
                        Cristina
                        IM PGY-2

Comment

That sounds weird. Don't cadaver dogs detect decay? The baby was reported missing within hours so even if she was killed, there wouldn't have been decay yet. And they searched the house that morning.

Comment

Well, I did a google search because I was curious about the failure rate, and it turns out they are trained to detect the scent of recently deceased bodies (less than 3 hours old) even when there was no direct contact between the body and the item they are being tested on (carpet squares in this one instance).

http://dogsdontlie.com/main/2008/12/...tecting-death/

The police also admitted they mostly searched the baby's room and the area of presumed entrance on that first day. Here they are trying to make up for it over two weeks later.
                            Last edited by MissCrabette; 10-21-2011, 08:44 PM.
                            Cristina
                            IM PGY-2

Comment

This is such a traumatic thing for me to read about. I don't WANT the mom to be guilty. I am starting to have a bad feeling about all of it too, and I've tried to support the parents. I don't know what to think. I just know what I feel every time there is a report like this. I wish that I didn't have the history that I did with the ability to trigger such intense feelings ... then I could change channels on the tv, talk about it in a distant/detached way and not feel sad, guilty, bad, upset and relive certain icky times in my own life. I guess I need to work on this.

Kris
                              ~Mom of 5, married to an ID doc
                              ~A Rolling Stone Gathers No Moss

Comment

Thanks Jenn. Much appreciated tonight.

Kris
                                ~Mom of 5, married to an ID doc
                                ~A Rolling Stone Gathers No Moss

Comment

Working...
                                X