Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Missing kc girl

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hugs, Kris. You're the best, and I love you.
    Heidi, PA-S1 - wife to an orthopaedic surgeon, mom to Ryan, 17, and Alexia, 11.

Comment

Thanks. I don't want to take away from other important things going on here. I appreciate you guys letting me take this step. I'll try not to delete it ... I'll see if I get through the day with it up.

No need to worry. I do have a good therapist helping me. So... while the support is much appreciated, I don't want anyone to feel pressured to say the right things etc. I am ok.

If anyone is ever thinking of a xmas gift for me though, a $5 donation to the center for missing and exploited children would be perfect.

Kris
      ~Mom of 5, married to an ID doc
      ~A Rolling Stone Gathers No Moss

Comment

I have a feeling there are more of us that have had, have PTSD & deal with it on a daily basis. My trauma wasn't stranger abduction but I know what it is like to have certain aspects of your parenting greatly impacted by a childhood trauma. I am so glad you have opened up about this, so the awesome support network of the fabu iMSN peeps can be utilized. I think its great you have been addressing it in therapy. You epitomize survivor...you are a strong, beautiful and incredibly valuable woman, mother, wife, friend & leader! You are amazing!

Comment

Kris, thank you for sharing.

Comment

Kris,

You have come so far. Honestly, if most people don't say anything it is because we don't know what to say. Bon Bon and Samssugarmama can step in here and tell you what it feels like when someone is afraid to even speak of another's loss. It is a second trauma. Really, it speaks of the other person's avoidance more than anything.

Honestly, I don't know that you ever get closure, just acceptance that a horrible thing did indeed happened, no amount of wishing it didn't won't change the original trauma or the trauma of a secret shrouded in shame, and finally the realization that all you can do is work on moving forward every day. We are honored you have shared your story with us.

Huge hugs.
            In my dreams I run with the Kenyans.

Comment

Thank you so much for sharing. I think it shows so much courage - and even if you do delete the post (which I hope you don't), just getting to the point that you can share it once shows how strong you are. I'm so sorry that you went through the abduction, and *then* the lack of support from your family. The combination is just devastating.
              Laurie
              My team: DH (anesthesiologist), DS (9), DD (8)

Comment

Lots of love to you Kris
                Tara
                Married 20 years to MD/PhD in year 3 of MFM fellowship. SAHM to five wonderful children (#6 due in August), a sweet GSD named Bella, a black lab named Toby, and 1 guinea pig.

Comment

Love and hugs.
                  Brandi
                  Wife to PGY3 Rads also proud mother of three spoiled dogs!! Some days it is hectic, but I wouldn't trade this for anything.

Comment

You continually amaze me with how strong if a person you are with all you have been through! I think your fears are totally valid...the fact he came back makes it more weird and worse. I totally understand your hesitancy to post.
                    Married to a newly minted Pediatric Rad, momma to a sweet girl and a bunch of (mostly) cute boy monsters.

Comment

Kris, You are amazing and strong and a wonderful role model for moms everywhere! As someone who keeps part of her childhood blacked out, I am amazed and proud to call you a friend.
                      Veronica
                      Mother of two ballerinas and one wild boy

Comment

Working...
                      X