Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Summer Plans

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Diggity, are you driving or flying out? And if you are driving, which route are you taking? B/C depending on which one you take, you might just be passing right through my town...
    Kris

Comment

We don't have much of a plan for the summer except getting used to being a family of four. DH is contemplating a moonlighting gig at the end of August, which would be great from a financial perspective, but a little scary for me since I'd be on my own with two kiddos for a week. But, I may try to coordinate it with a trip to see family. We'll see - it's all up in the air right now!
      Wife to a urologist; Mom to 2 wonderful kiddos

Comment

You all haven't seen much of me lately because we are trying to squeeze in as much summer as possible before DH starts fellowship. We have already taken a trip to Italy (Rome and Venice) with my parents - that was in May so it might technically have been spring plans - and a trip to New York City with the ILs. If any of you are going to be in NYC any time soon you MUST see Peter and the Starcatcher. It might actually be the best piece of theater I have ever seen.

We've also had the ILs visit for a weekend and my brother for a week. And we took a day trip rafting in the mountains. Whew!

In July I'm going to two weddings. Just once I'd like to be invited to a wedding that's near where I live, but for these I'll be traveling to the Seattle and Los Angeles areas (by myself, in both cases). We have been invited to another wedding in July in the San Francisco area. I don't know if I can handle three weekend trips in one month, though. Then there's BIL's wedding over Labor Day weekend to finish out the summer.

I'm also taking a grad school class that meets 5 hours a week for all of June and July, which is already wearing me out. And my parents will probably come visit at some point. I can't believe how busy this has all gotten. Geez.
        Julia - legislative process lover and general government nerd, married to a PICU & Medical Ethics attending, raising a toddler son and expecting a baby daughter Oct '16.

Comment

Going to DC this Thursday!!! Wish us luck! LOL!
          Wife to PGY5. Mommy to baby girl born 11/2009. Cat mommy since 2002
          "“If you don't know where you are going any road can take you there”"

Comment

Nobody gets sick this time, right?
            Julia - legislative process lover and general government nerd, married to a PICU & Medical Ethics attending, raising a toddler son and expecting a baby daughter Oct '16.

Comment

Originally posted by oceanchild View Post
              Nobody gets sick this time, right?
              YES! I've had such bad luck with vacations this year. Record freeze in FL, tripped sick in DC, sick when DH went out of town, sick in SC. I was scarred to go to Wilmington for a day trip last weekend! I'm taking my whole medicine cabinet just in case.
              Wife to PGY5. Mommy to baby girl born 11/2009. Cat mommy since 2002
              "“If you don't know where you are going any road can take you there”"

Comment

Spending a week in the wonderful U.P of Michigan. Lake, breeze, books, and campfire...can't get much better than that. Our last hurrah before DH becomes a book worm

Comment

Originally posted by SOMWife View Post
                  Spending a week in the wonderful U.P of Michigan. Lake, breeze, books, and campfire...can't get much better than that. Our last hurrah before DH becomes a book worm
                  That makes me miss home and MI summers!
                  Needs

Comment

Working...
                  X