Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Christmas tree?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DH insisted on putting out a damn inflatable this year. And those big ugly multicolored lights. He has them around the perimeter of our front yard. I told him this is a home, not a carnival. A hot mess.
    Last edited by Chrisada; 12-03-2012, 11:05 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Chrisada View Post
      DH insisted on putting out a damn inflatable this year. And those big ugly multicolored lights. I told him this is a home, not a carnival. A hot mess.
      You need to post a picture!
      Kris

Comment

It is embarrassing!! But I might... I'll send my iMSN peeps a FB message with the pic. I don't want this to get out!

Comment

Please?
          Kris

Comment

And he just said and I quote "Oh, I'm not done. I'm getting more inflatables and lights. And I'm changing the porch light red." Shoot me.

Comment

And he just said and I quote "Oh, I'm not done. I'm getting more inflatables and lights. And I'm changing the porch light red." Shoot me.
              If I didn't know any better, I would think our dudes were related...

Comment

Oh, he's not done even then. He needs to set it all to MUSIC!!!!

Comment

Yep, Cassy those same ugly ass lights you have lol!! And um BonBon he also did mention music..

Comment

Funny how they don't have time I put away their socks (okay I have issues on that) but they can set lights to freaking music...
                    Married to a newly minted Pediatric Rad, momma to a sweet girl and a bunch of (mostly) cute boy monsters.

Comment

I'm worried that DH will want to not only decorate the front, but also the back of the house since it overlooks town. Since this house is significantly larger than the last one, I'm just assuming we'll be dropping a shit ton of dough on lights.

Comment

I have to admit, I had no idea everyone thought that colored lights were so gauche! The trees I had growing up were always decorated with little multicolored twinkle lights, silver tinsel, and lots of little handmade wooden german ornaments. If DH ever convinces me to do a tree I'll do it the same way! The pictures you've all posted are beautiful, but for myself I'll always prefer the homey, imperfect style over careful design.
                        Wife of PGY-4 (of 6), cat herder, and mom to a sassy-pants four-nager.

Comment

I love the big colorful lights!! I also like lights set to music.
                          Tara
                          Married 20 years to MD/PhD in year 3 of MFM fellowship. SAHM to five wonderful children (#6 due in August), a sweet GSD named Bella, a black lab named Toby, and 1 guinea pig.

Comment

My parents have been arguing colored lights vs. white lights for 49 years. Tradition is that they do the tree on their anniversary. (Dec 21- when the world is supposed to end)

j

Comment

I grew up with the lopsided tree with colored lights, tinsel and garland with mismatched ornaments. I talked my parents into getting a second tree with only white lights when I was a teenager. We now have a tree with white lights and color coordinated ornaments. Aaaah

Comment

Originally posted by DCJenn View Post
                                My parents have been arguing colored lights vs. white lights for 49 years. Tradition is that they do the tree on their anniversary. (Dec 21- when the world is supposed to end)

j
                                I forgot about that. My day's 60th bday/party is on the 22nd - on one hand, the apocalypse would save us a ton of money. On the other hand, I've really been looking forward to that pizza
                                Jen
                                Wife of a PGY-4 orthopod, momma to 2 DDs, caretaker of a retired race-dog, Hawkeye!

Comment

Working...
                                X